Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2006   #1
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Interesting tidbits from Denver

I was browsing the Denver board seeing how they felt about Kubiak and they were saying that he is gone to Houston and they liked him..

Also it's nice to hear what others feel Houston should do. They were all pretty much saying Reggie and trade for OL/DL.. saying the trenches is where it starts.. and they mostly believe Carr/AJ is the bomb and DD is aproven NFL stud.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

That's real good news.

Something else to add to the fire.........................

New HC's usually bring new QB's.

Will Van Lee Pelt or whatever his name is be our backup?(or compete for the starting job?)
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #3
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
That's real good news.

Something else to add to the fire.........................

New HC's usually bring new QB's.

Will Van Lee Pelt or whatever his name is be our backup?(or compete for the starting job?)
Van Pelt is exactly like VY. Why would we want to get a QB like a VY when we could get the real thing???
Old 01-11-2006   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Alex Van Pelt?
Old 01-11-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Bradlee Van Pelt from Colorado State
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Alex Van Pelt?
Bradlee Van Pelt, Ogre. QB from Colorado State.
Old 01-11-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
Ya, he's fan favorite. He's called BVP by everyone.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2006   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138
.. and they mostly believe Carr/AJ is the bomb and DD is aproven NFL stud.
Well true, Carr has bombed but I wouldn't say that about AJ yet. He just needs someone to get him the ball.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Love ya Deep Steel Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138
I was browsing the Denver board seeing how they felt about Kubiak and they were saying that he is gone to Houston and they liked him..

Also it's nice to hear what others feel Houston should do. They were all pretty much saying Reggie and trade for OL/DL.. saying the trenches is where it starts.. and they mostly believe Carr/AJ is the bomb and DD is aproven NFL stud.

Thanks for the post, it is nice to see what outsiders think. I hope that the Kubiak part is right on the money too. That is who I would like to see get the j-o-b. Saunders a close second in my mind, and it would be sweet to have Gray as our DC.
Old 01-11-2006   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Positive things but I don't find DD to be a stud or Carr. I'd love AJ to get a full season going off though. I'm glad to see that they respect and like Kubiak.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #11
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I agree with them. Carr/Johnson are the bomb and DD is solid, also hope Kubiak is here before Feb.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #12
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Well true, Carr has bombed but I wouldn't say that about AJ yet. He just needs someone to get him the ball.
They said he was the Bomb. Not that he bombed?

GAWD!!!
Old 01-11-2006   #13
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns

LMAO! Saying they are 'the bomb' is a good thing dude.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316

No, no, no... Jean Claude Van Pelt from Brussels. That's the guy.
Old 01-11-2006   #15
wrestler4life
Veteran

Its funny how all of those outside of Houston think that we should get Bush, not Young. I think that Houstonians are just plain off their freakin rocker about VY. He is not as good as you think!!!!!!!!!!!
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #16
bullman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
Its funny how all of those outside of Houston think that we should get Bush, not Young. I think that Houstonians are just plain off their freakin rocker about VY. He is not as good as you think!!!!!!!!!!!
VY will be a bust, these are longhorn fans getting hyped about this guy, VY is not ready for the NFL!
bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #17
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
Come on...use common sense. It's not ONLY LH fans that are high on VY. It's the people that have actually seen him play in more than one or two games.

Why are people outside of TX not so high on him? B/c they've only seen him play once or twice and think that it's all just hype b/c it was in a recent performance. People that have seen him play on a consistent basis know that it's not just hype. Whereas everybody in the freakin world heard about how good Hollywood-Bush was since last season. I mean Sportscenter did a 12-part special about them against the greatest teams of all time and how Bush was the second coming.:brickwall
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #18
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB
Come on...use common sense. It's not ONLY LH fans that are high on VY. It's the people that have actually seen him play in more than one or two games.

Why are people outside of TX not so high on him? B/c they've only seen him play once or twice and think that it's all just hype b/c it was in a recent performance. People that have seen him play on a consistent basis know that it's not just hype. Whereas everybody in the freakin world heard about how good Hollywood-Bush was since last season. I mean Sportscenter did a 12-part special about them against the greatest teams of all time and how Bush was the second coming.:brickwall
I am a Longhorn who has seen Vince play many times and I think this hype is out of control. Do I think VY will be a very good pro player? Yes, but it will be 3-5 years down the line. If the Texans draft VY they are essentially saying his value is greater than that of Carr and Bush combined. I cannot swallow this pill. VY will probably be a better QB over his career than Carr, but that does not mean picking him is what is best for the team.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #19
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullman
VY is not ready for the NFL!
Ready enough to be the number one pick, which he will be, by the Texans.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem
Ready enough to be the number one pick, which he will be, by the Texans.

Rhinestone letters man. Thousand feet tall. Seriously.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 01-11-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read