Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-01-2004   #1
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Question? Babin and Peek

Does anyone else think, like I do, that we might see Peek and Babin both line up at OLBs? I could see this happening. Just like the Robinson pick to move colemen to Safety, could the Texas be planning on moving Wong to ILB? Just a thaught.
cap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been wondering that also.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #3
HoustonTexansAreTheBest
Veteran

I have no clue, but that's what I've been hearing. Babin and Peek on the Outside with Foreman and Sharper on the inside. Not bad.

"Hope Is On the Way"-John Edwards
HoustonTexansAreTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #4
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

What they mean is Peek/Babin on the outside, with Wong at Foremans spot and Foreman on the bench. I could see it happening, would Peek have to do a lot of coverage from the LOLB position? I think he has the athleticism and he's probably been working on that in practice but would he be effective there considering he was supposed to be our ROLB pass rusher?
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Foreman on the bench. I could see it happening,
Doubtful since he counts $1.5 mil this year. That's a lot of dinero for a benchwarmer.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Good point aj...If that scenario did happen though, what do you think the Texans could get if they tried to trade him?
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I would LOVE to see Babin and Peek on the field full time. They could make a great duo for Capers and Co.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2004   #8
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

^ fiddy that is a awesome avator

i think we are going to see babin - foreman - sharper - wong
and then on 3rd down/obvious pass situations we will see babin at de and peek at olb, isnt that what cass said?
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #9
thebigtrip
Rookie

I don't see what's so bad about Foreman, his numbers aren't bad.
thebigtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Doubtful since he counts $1.5 mil this year. That's a lot of dinero for a benchwarmer.

Tim Couch rode the bench. And im sure he was worth more than 1.5 million. Im not saying its not a possibility. But only if it is in the best interest of the team.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis
^ fiddy that is a awesome avator
Thanks, hopefully Robinson can do some screaming like that this year, too.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 05-02-2004   #12
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I would like to see it go
Peek-Wong-Sharper-Babin in the base set. I honestly don't think we lose much with Foreman in there either.
Old 05-02-2004   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO peek hasnt earned that spot yet. orr played better than peek did. as much as i'd like to see foreman on the bench, i dont think peek, orr, or babin can beat out foreman or wong ... yet. maybe later or next season they can push a veteran out of a job, but none has earned that yet.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #14
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
Does anyone else think, like I do, that we might see Peek and Babin both line up at OLBs? I could see this happening. Just like the Robinson pick to move colemen to Safety, could the Texas be planning on moving Wong to ILB? Just a thaught.
How about Shantee Orr ? He ran down Vick last yr!
Looks like he has some good upside
Old 05-02-2004   #15
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPatriot
How about Shantee Orr ? He ran down Vick last yr!
Looks like he has some good upside

I wouldn't mind seeing Shantee Orr out there if he is better than Peek this year. At least now we have about 6 LBs that can play (Sharper, Wong, Foreman, Peek, Orr, Babins). Unlike 3 last year (Sharper, Foremen, & Wong. Peek and Orr were just too raw last year).

On a side note who are the back up ILBs?
Old 05-02-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
On a side note who are the back up ILBs?
Troy Evans, who is a great special teams player, and Travis Carroll.......OUCH!!!!

Old 05-02-2004   #17
gsbtxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigtrip
I don't see what's so bad about Foreman, his numbers aren't bad.
He does make a lot of tackles. Problem is, they seem to be too far downfield.
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

A healthy DL will make our LB's look oh so much better whoever we stick out there
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #19
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Come on! You base your starting lineup on how much the players are making? No way! You play your best player, period. The question is: how well can can Peek or Babin cover and how important is coverage skills to Casserly's defensive game plan? Peek is purely a converted DE. Babin has played some at LB. If Babin's coverage skills are adequate, and his pass rush skills are superior to Wong's, my guess is that we'll see Peek on the weak side and Babin on the strong side, with Wong maybe moving inside. It is equally likely that Babin will get a year of seasoning by playing the weak side with Wong staying on the strong side. This decision will be one of the more important highlights of training camp.

Last edited by Number19; 05-02-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Number19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19
Peek is purely a converted DE. Babin has played some at LB.
My guess is that in his 1st pro year, Peek has more coverage experience than Babin has had in his career at Western Michigan. Counting training camp, exhibition games, 8 or 9 regular season games, and all of the practices - Peek should be well ahead of Babin in terms of both zone & man coverage. I know SteelBlue may not agree with me , but I thought Peek showed a lot of upside in regards to coverage last season. But I think Peek will have to show the Texans very early on that he's ready to win the LOLB spot before the Texans move Wong inside.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read