Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-11-2006   #1
horn_omatic
Rookie

Default what if's...............

With all the what if's, i thought i would throw one in. Ahem.........What if we draft V.Young this year and let him sit and learn for a year behind Carr and the new offense. Then what if............Adrian Peterson declares for the draft next year, we trade our 1st pick and Carr and move into position to take Peterson. We could have two Texas (born) boys in the back field. That is though only what if!
horn_omatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This team really needs to go defense in 2007. This year is the year to get our offense back on track.
Old 01-11-2006   #3
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn_omatic
With all the what if's, i thought i would throw one in. Ahem.........What if we draft V.Young this year and let him sit and learn for a year behind Carr and the new offense. Then what if............Adrian Peterson declares for the draft next year, we trade our 1st pick and Carr and move into position to take Peterson. We could have two Texas (born) boys in the back field. That is though only what if!
now Peterson......

thats an impressive running back worthy of some hype. He has played hurt like the hoss he is. He is punishing, shifty and can carry the load of being a feature back.

My only beef with him is that he plays for OU. :P

No doubt, it would be ideal if Vince came in and learned the ropes behind Carr for a couple of years - maybe contribute some as 3rd WR while being groomed to take the reins a couple of years down the road.

The Chargers did show us all something interesting - it doesn't hurt having some insurance at QB....That said, I'll still be hoping VY falls to the 18th pick.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

WHAT IF we took bush this year and peterson next year.
I would run the ball 45 times a game
30 for peterson
15 for bush

That would be insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Then we wouldn't even need a QB
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read