Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-11-2006   #1
stpaul_football
Rookie

Default To the Simple Minded Texan...

All I read on this message board is, "Draft Reggie Bush.... DD will be great trade Bait." OR "Forget Bush.... He can't carry a full collegiate load, much less at a professional level."
TO THE NAIVE HOUSTON FAITHFUL: Reggie Bush is a playmaker... not a tempo-setter. We all know the guy is small. We have all heard the criticisms that he can't take a beating. Do you honestly think that any coach in his right mind would give a team a steady dose of Reggie Bush every game. 40 carries a game of Bush! That'll do the trick! Yeah... for about a game and a half. for the other 14 1/2 games, your naumber one pick/franchise player is on the DL or possibly the IR. Question. Is there a Golden NFL Rule that states: If one team were to draft Reggie Bush; said team is to give up rights to Domanick Davis. If so, please let me know, because I would feel really ignorant not knowing such an obvious principle of the NFL Draft existed.
Domanick Davis is our LenDale White. Yes, Yes, Yes. I know they are not IDENTICAL. But if your only complaints about this kid are that he can't go full-time, and "We already have a runningback." Well then let him split time. Let him return some kicks. Let him be Fresh the entire game. Didn't we just resign DD? Letting him go would be a considerable salary cap hit. Don't Take the Hit. Keep the Dude. Let us have 2 outstanding runningbacks. Holy Crap, the Steelers have 3 and nobody's complaing.
Now the Draft is more than 3 months away, and a lot of things are going to change. Has Reggie even declared for the Draft? I dunno. And I don't know what's gonna change between now and April 20 something. But please, stop the anti-Reggie movement. He is NOT a horrible player, and I think we can all agree he can excel at the next level. Is he worthy of the 1st pick? Good Question. Argue that question. But don't sit here and try to convince the rest of the world that Reggie Bush just won't fit with the Houston Texans. We just finished a 2-14 season. I think we could fit the American Junior-High School Player of the year on our roster. So don't mistake me for a fool, and try to convince me that we just don't have room for Reggie.
stpaul_football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #2
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Ok.

Now repost that same thread but inter-change Young with Bush.

Either way you shake it, either way. doesn't matter
Old 01-11-2006   #3
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Oh gosh, you're gonna get back at me with some 1000 word post aren't you. Geez, haven't had that happen by a new poster before. Let me get another beer first.
Old 01-11-2006   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Take it easy on me, I drink Shiner, your hometown milk.
Old 01-11-2006   #5
stpaul_football
Rookie

Shiner is all right, but it'll give you the ****s if you dare to buy more than a sixer.
stpaul_football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #6
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpaul_football
Shiner is all right, but it'll give you the ****s if you dare to buy more than a sixer.
Oh yea (deep bass voice) that's my quiet time

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read