Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2006   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default An outside view of our personel needs

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/teams/texans.html

Quote:
Houston Texans Team Needs
By: Jason Chernofsky

The Texans, as we all know, will have their choice of who to pick, as they select first overall this season. Many believe Reggie Bush, as he is considered far and wide to be the best player in this draft. I am not saying this won't happen, just saying that one should not be so sure. Domanick Davis is more than capable as a starter, and in just 36 career starts, he has 735 rushes for 3024 yards, not to mention over 150 career catches for 1276 yards. Not the best RB ever, but for a 3rd year player, he has been rather good. All that has been done behind a rather poor OL this year. And, let's not forget Vernand Morency and Tony Hollings, both of whom provide solid youth and depth. Johnathan Wells, the current backup, will likely leave via FA, but those two are very solid players with solid potential. I just don't see the need at RB, in fact, it's probably the strongest position on the team.

Logic may say that the pick would be D'Brickashaw Ferguson, an OT out of Virginia, and they should work on rebuilding their OL, although, I very well could see them trading down in order to compile more picks and fill more needs. This isn't to bring down Bush, raise up Ferguson, or anything of the like. I just can't see a team with so many pressing needs drafting a player where they have no real need. Sure, Davis has small injury issues, and Bush is an amazing talent, and I am not saying they shouldn't draft him, just pointing out that it isn't a set pick yet.
Old 01-10-2006   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ok i like how he talks good about D. Davis but the person obviously knows nothing,,,,,, -> to say tony hollings is "solid" youth
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #3
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan

...let's not forget Vernand Morency and Tony Hollings, both of whom provide solid youth and depth. Johnathan Wells, the current backup, will likely leave via FA, but those two are very solid players with solid potential. I just don't see the need at RB, in fact, it's probably the strongest position on the team.

...although Steve McKinney may not need to be upgraded at C, as he has been rather solid, every other player can easily be upgraded.

...Chester Pitts...may be the worst starter in the NFL at his position....I could very well see the Texans cutting him and saving a few million dollars.

Wow, what an expert.

TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Wow, what an expert.

while I question some of it, I was merely posting this as an outsiders recent view on our team and our needs. Hollings will be fine, worry about Morency. Buchanon will be fine, worry about Faggins.
Old 01-10-2006   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Unless your posting this for laughs, this is useless. About the only thing this gives insight to is that this person plays Madden, because McKinney is our best OL in Madden...
Old 01-10-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

These guys don't know what they are looking at most of the time. This Pitts comment confirms everything I knew about them.

also...we dont allow full copy n pastes on protected content. hint hint

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy knows nothing about the Houston Texans. This is like getting an outside opinion of the Texans needs from a guy who lives in outer Mongolia and who's never seen a game of American football.

He said "Steve McKinney" and "rather solid" in the same sentence and he wasn't joking. Thanks for posting it YoungTexanFan but sadly he just doesn't seem to know much about his subject matter.
Old 01-10-2006   #8
profan
Veteran

Wow, base on my observations, Chester Pitts is our best lineman. Did this guy watch any of our games?
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
He said "Steve McKinney" and "rather solid" in the same sentence and he wasn't joking. Thanks for posting it YoungTexanFan but sadly he just doesn't seem to know much about his subject matter.
And at "center" no less.
Old 01-10-2006   #10
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
while I question some of it, I was merely posting this as an outsiders recent view on our team and our needs. Hollings will be fine, worry about Morency. Buchanon will be fine, worry about Faggins.
Believe me, my laughter was directed at the author, not you.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
These guys don't know what they are looking at most of the time. This Pitts comment confirms everything I knew about them.

I didn't want to read something this lengthy, so I immediately scrolled down to the Chester Pitts section to see if the rest was worth reading. I can tell a lot about someone's knowledge of the Texans based on his/her opinion of Pitts. That one section saved me from reading the rest of the article.

Of course, comments made about McKinney in these replies made me go back up and read his section, which was too funny.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
Xman
Veteran

One thing I do agree with - if one of those 3 TEs drop, which is probable since TE usually drop (look at HMiller going to Pitt last year), it would be hard to not take the one that drops.

But, there are a lot of OL that will be hard to pass up there also.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny

point taken
Old 01-10-2006   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
This guy knows nothing about the Houston Texans. This is like getting an outside opinion of the Texans needs from a guy who lives in outer Mongolia and who's never seen a game of American football.

Agreed. I laughed at much of his comments, but found a few to be fairly close. Luckily, it is not from one of my "trusted" draft sites, nor from my own opinion.
Old 01-10-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Believe me, my laughter was directed at the author, not you.
glad to hear that.
Old 01-10-2006   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

and what were we thinking letting matt stevens go ??? :brickwall
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default footballsfuture.com 2006 team needs

Quote:

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think ive seen that article somewhere before.

Whatever the case.. I think that that guy writes his articles and just leaves blank spots at all the places where a player's name is supposed to be. Then he takes a hat and fills it full of the names of all the starters on the roster.... you get the point.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

some of the stuff. I am like "did he watch any of the games?"
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006   #20
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I ike everything but the Pitts part. Oh and him talking about AJ too.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read