Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-12-2004   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Warner to NY.

Warner the GIANT

I think if he passes the physical, he would be a good pickup. Teach Manning, and give him a year to get ready.

But they need a clause in his contract that his sheMale wife has to stay in St. Louis.

Any thoughts?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #2
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I'm pretty sure Warner is a Giant very soon.
Old 05-12-2004   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

i think that if you give up as much as the giants did to get manning, he has to be the starter right away...i would think warner would want to go to san fran where he would definitely be the starter...he is a system qb though, and his best days are behind him...remember, the biggest stars always die the quickest...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #4
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

he already passed the physical.
wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #5
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
he already passed the physical.
He passed a physical in which he threw zero times.

"Warner took a physical but didn't throw, Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi said. While the Rams are letting Warner talk to other teams, he isn't allowed to throw for them."

If he can hold on to the ball, then sign him.
Old 05-12-2004   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He was at one time a Super Bowl QB with very little downside. If he could find that ability again he'd be a tremendous pickup. If I remember he broke his thumb and it was not the same after that. Or a concussion. Whichever!

He's a solid person off the field. Good pickup.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Warner the GIANT

But they need a clause in his contract that his sheMale wife has to stay in St. Louis.

Any thoughts?
Think of all the radio stations in NY that she can go on.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2004   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I dont see why you would release Kerry Collins and then sign Warner. Collins is better then Warner at this point in time. Plus Collins was very popular with the Giants players, did the money play a big part of this?

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I read where Kerry Collins wanted to be let out of his Giants contract.
I am guessing that the job will be Eli's to lose.

If they have signed Warner he will be a great mentor. Good pickup for them.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #10
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I dont see why you would release Kerry Collins and then sign Warner. Collins is better then Warner at this point in time. Plus Collins was very popular with the Giants players, did the money play a big part of this?
Its all about the money.
Old 05-15-2004   #11
Psycho
waterboy

Send a message via AIM to Psycho Send a message via MSN to Psycho
Default no

Warner:

giants - maybe
whiners - NO WAY - the whiners already said that they are gonna stick with Rattay - who cares

i think that he's most likely to go to the lions - cuz a lot of people on the lions are not really happy with harrington
Old 05-16-2004   #12
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Warner could also fit in Kansas City. I wonder if he would take less and sign with them? You never do know. I think he likes Vermeil a little better than he did Martz.
Old 05-16-2004   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Good pickup for the Giants. If Manning got hurt who would back him up? Jared Lorenzen?! This move will allow Manning to learn from a former league MVP while the Giants try to win now.
Old 05-17-2004   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think about it, Warner was supposed to be the back up for Trent Green in St. Louis first before Green blew a knee and Warner took them to Super Bowl glory. It would be a nice pick up for KC to get Warner and let him play behind Green. The Vermeil, Green and Warner seem to be a real good match.

I think this makes alot more sense than any of the other places like NY or SF.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004   #15
Psycho
waterboy

Send a message via AIM to Psycho Send a message via MSN to Psycho

he won't go to the chiefs(vermeil said NO) and the whiners (those whiners are happy with rattay)

NY - maybe
Detroit - possible

but it's hard for vetarean QBs right now - warner/collins/couch searching for a starting job right now and it seems like all of them are gonna be backups next season

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read