Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-10-2006   #1
asteroidblues
Rookie

Post Bush trade bait, Draft Day Boos

I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky. Am I the only one who feels this way? Would the fans of Houston boo the organization if they pull the trigger on a deal like that?
asteroidblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #2
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

[quote=asteroidblues]I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky.QUOTE]

LOL, guess who was the beneficiary of that fleecing? CASSERLY with the Skins. Guess what they did with all those picks? Jack $H!+.
Long-Spurs-Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #3
asteroidblues
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
LOL, guess who was the beneficiary of that fleecing? CASSERLY with the Skins. Guess what they did with all those picks? Jack $H!+.
I don't recall Ricky ever leading the Saint anywhere either.
Old 01-10-2006   #4
The Preacher
Veteran

The board is probably half and half on trade down or pick Reggie or Vince. All Longhorn Texans fans will most likely boo if we pass on Vince. Non Longhorn fans who think Vince is for real might boo too if we pass on him. Others who don't like Vince and like Reggie will boo if we trade down. Those who don't get the trade down will also boo.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

[quote=Long-Spurs-Texan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asteroidblues
I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky.QUOTE]

Didn't they get Bailey, Arrington, and Jensen out of that trade?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #6
asteroidblues
Rookie

[quote=tulexan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan

Didn't they get Bailey, Arrington, and Jensen out of that trade?
No, Arrington was the second overall choice in a different draft class.
Old 01-10-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Yeah and that pick was from that trade
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2006   #8
ReggieBushFan
Rookie

they can get lineman throughout the draft if they want, we can't pass up Reggie, he is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for our franchise
ReggieBushFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think that the Texans should trade out of the number one spot and take the best left tackle available. If they could get another team to surrender a ton of picks it should be worth it. Look what the Saints gave up for Ricky. Am I the only one who feels this way? Would the fans of Houston boo the organization if they pull the trigger on a deal like that?
That's crazy talk!

But I like it!

We are actually a handful of dedicated Texans rebels who refuse to lose our sanity to what has become the overwhelming "[insert Bush or Young] or Bust" bandwagons. It is a moderate position that requires dodging bullets from all angles.

I honestly hope nobody boos our choice at the NFL Draft. That's just lame.
Old 01-10-2006   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I think the majority would like to see the team trade down. Would they boo this decision? I doubt it.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I think the majority would like to see the team trade down. Would they boo this decision? I doubt it.

I'd be perfectly content with a trade down

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
I'd be perfectly content with a trade down
Me to. In fact, I am comfortable with ANY of the three possibilities in front of us AS LONG as it is done because it is the RIGHT thing for the team and not because a bunch of zealots are pimping someone, be it Bush or Young.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #13
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
As long as you don't mind the guy playing RT next year.

Given that QB and RB aren't especially "need positions", I can see the appeal. But no one is going to ever give up what Ditka gave up for Ricky. That was just dumb.

Would fans boo? Probably not, but it sure wouldn't increase interest in the team when they are coming off a really bad year.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #14
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Yes, they'd boo and they would boo loud.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #15
LoneStarState
Veteran

Let's face it - all the UT trollers on this message board want UT-Houston - an all UT football team. Anything less would be completely unacceptable. One of my UT friends actually believes that there is an anti-Longhorn conspiracy in the front office and it would be proven if the Texans don't draft VY. These people are irrational at this point. Ask them any question - and their answer would be Vince Young. If anyone is putting pressure on him - it's his fans. If he is picked, he will be expected to produce quickly. Yeah - those loyalists would give him 8 years of David Carr-type progress and still think he's the greatest thing on the face of the earth. There will be unrealistic expectations on VY, Reggie Bush, or David Carr. The atmosphere, in some instances almost seeming hostile, toward anyone other than the almighty VY, is getting old, out of hand, and VERY ridiculous.

Old 01-10-2006   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Fans will boo regardless, it did not bother Casserly last year and it won't bother Casserly this year he marches to the beat of his own drum
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #17
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
Let's face it - all the UT trollers on this message board want UT-Houston - an all UT football team. Anything less would be completely unacceptable. One of my UT friends actually believes that there is an anti-Longhorn conspiracy in the front office and it would be proven if the Texans don't draft VY. These people are irrational at this point. Ask them any question - and their answer would be Vince Young. If anyone is putting pressure on him - it's his fans. If he is picked, he will be expected to produce quickly. Yeah - those loyalists would give him 8 years of David Carr-type progress and still think he's the greatest thing on the face of the earth. There will be unrealistic expectations on VY, Reggie Bush, or David Carr. The atmosphere, in some instances almost seeming hostile, toward anyone other than the almighty VY, is getting old, out of hand, and VERY ridiculous.

lol, i can actually believe moronic UT fans believe this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read