Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-10-2006   #1
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Are We For Certain That Bush Is Even Coming Out?

I was listening to 610 this morning, and they said that Reggie Bush is still trying to decide if he should come out or stay another year at USC.......one of the reasons he might fear not coming out is, because the Texans have yet to sign Carr back, so that means they may be looking to draft VY....if they draft VY, there might be a chance that Reggie could end up in N.O.........A week ago I was for sure Reggie was coming out, but he's making me wonder since he hasn't declared himself yet.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #2
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream
I was listening to 610 this morning, and they said that Reggie Bush is still trying to decide if he should come out or stay another year at USC.......one of the reasons he might fear not coming out is, because the Texans have yet to sign Carr back, so that means they may be looking to draft VY....if they draft VY, there might be a chance that Reggie could end up in N.O.........A week ago I was for sure Reggie was coming out, but he's making me wonder since he hasn't declared himself yet.
I hope he is coming out...I am looking forward to seeing him in our back field...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #3
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Kubiak in the playoffs is hindering him from announcing anything just yet.
Old 01-10-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

He's going to come out because USC is going to lose a lot of players this year to the draft.

We haven't extended David's contract yet because we don't have to until February 2nd. McNair could invest that $8 million cash in the time being and make a bit of a return before giving the $8 million to David.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Then again how many people at USC do you think is actually close enough to reggie bush to know if he's coming out or not. The people that are probably wouldnt say so.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #6
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

I heard on Cold Pizza this morning that he will be declaring himself elegible for the NFL draft either tomorrow or Thursday.
Old 01-10-2006   #7
playoff year please
Veteran

Default LA Times

Quote:
January 10, 2006

USC REPORT
Bush Meets With Agent and Carroll
By Gary Klein, Times Staff Writer

Running back Reggie Bush met with Coach Pete Carroll and a prominent agent for about an hour on campus Monday, but the Heisman Trophy winner said he still had not decided whether he would turn pro.

Bush, a junior who is regarded as the possible top pick in the NFL draft, met with David Dunn, who negotiated Heisman winner Carson Palmer's contract when the former USC quarterback was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals with the top pick in 2003. Carroll, Trojan running backs coach Todd McNair and Jayice Pearson, a former NFL player who is Bush's cousin, also attended the meeting at Heritage Hall.

Players have until Sunday to declare for the April draft.

"I'm still trying to figure everything out and put everything in perspective before I make my decision," Bush said after the meeting.

Bush said the meeting with Dunn would be his last with agents, but he emphasized that he had not chosen who would represent him if he turns pro.

"I'm far from making my decision," he said.

Dunn, who was accompanied by several associates, declined to comment.

While cognizant of the deadline, Bush said there was no timetable for an announcement about his plans.

"I've just got to be 100% sure of what I'm going to do before I make my decision," he said. "That could be as early as [today] or it could take as long as up to the end of the week, or until Sunday, the actual day."

Running back LenDale White, offensive linemen Winston Justice and Fred Matua, flanker Steve Smith and safety Darnell Bing are other draft-eligible USC juniors.

After an afternoon team meeting, Carroll said White had left him a phone message, but that he had not spoken to him Monday. White said last week he would announce his decision Thursday.

Justice said he was "still up in the air" and that he planned to meet with Carroll. Matua also said he was undecided. "It would take a lot for me to leave this university," he said.

Smith said the NFL had evaluated him as a possible third-round pick and that he would talk to his family about a possible decision on Monday night.

Bing did not attend the team meeting, but Carroll said he would meet with him this afternoon
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2006   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm also looking forward to seeing Reggie Bush playing for the Texans but I'm no longer thinking it's a forgone conclusion. He's hesitating and I can certainly understand why. The prospect of playing for New Orleans isn't exactly a great NFL plan. They're lousy, they've always been lousy, and they'll always be lousy. I'd dodge them if I were Reggie Bush and I'd do it without apology. It's not his fault that New Orleans has a terrible NFL team that nobody in their right mind would want to play for.
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

It's an irrevocable decision. All players should take their time while making it.
Old 01-10-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait a second! I get it now!

This is all part of a carefully orchestrated plan to secure not only Reggie Bush but also Vince Young. The Texans will take Young in the draft with the #1 pick. Bush will dawdle around and miss the deadline or he'll say he's going back to school. Then he'll sign with an agent or something and petition to enter the supplemental draft where Houston again has the first shot at him. We're going to use this years #1 and next years #1 both to secure the two of them.

Everybody happy now?

Obviously I'm kidding. It's not going to happen and I don't really care if everybody is happy or not.
Old 01-10-2006   #11
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I'm also looking forward to seeing Reggie Bush playing for the Texans but I'm no longer thinking it's a forgone conclusion. He's hesitating and I can certainly understand why. The prospect of playing for New Orleans isn't exactly a great NFL plan. They're lousy, they've always been lousy, and they'll always be lousy. I'd dodge them if I were Reggie Bush and I'd do it without apology. It's not his fault that New Orleans has a terrible NFL team that nobody in their right mind would want to play for.

It is a shame...NOLA is a great city...with passionate fans...Tom Benson should sell the team!!
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
LCOOL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
As long as Tom Benson owns the Saints, they will always be lousy!
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't ESPN say that he's having a press conference today?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem is, though, New Orleans could still be a bottom dweller next year. So he could end up there regardless, and he just spent another year making nothing and probably struggling with a USC team that is in the process of reloading.

His draft value is about as high as it's going to get right now. Winning the Heisman, playing on a national powerhouse for years, and being in great physical shape (no current injuries) is his best time to make a break for the NFL.
Old 01-10-2006   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyvice
Didn't ESPN say that he's having a press conference today?
Never mind... just saw Hard Knock's post.....
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #16
exclude
Veteran

I think once Bush declares, Carr will get the option.

My thinking is that the Texans are just being cautious about giving Carr the option since Bush hasn't declared.
Old 01-10-2006   #17
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Forgot to answer the question for the thread.

No, we're not sure Bush is coming out. We think it's very likely he will however......but no....not even he is for certain.
Old 01-10-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Certanty is death and taxes and even those get iffy these days.
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #19
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
It is a shame...NOLA is a great city...with passionate fans...Tom Benson should sell the team!!
Does anyone have Benson's phone number? I'd like to offer him $1000 to buy the Saints straight up, then I'd move the team to L.A.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #20
BREAZE
Veteran

Tic-Tock-Tic-Tock.

Does anyone know where his heart/head is at the moment? He is probably still getting over his 1st USC loss experience.

He can play here while the debate will continue to rage, play for N.O., or go back to school as the #1 pick next year and maybe get drafted by a west coast team. I'm not saying he's not coming out, but dude has an area code on his cheek. I'm sick of debating about a guy who has not declared yet and who played with a guy who won the Heisman and stayed...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read