Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2006   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Todd Wade

John Granato just said on the morning show that he asked Capers what the deal was with Todd Wade. Capers' response was that he wasn't a very good straight-ahead blocker and he wasn't very good in pass protection.

eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Capers or Casserly?
Old 01-10-2006   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Capers.
Old 01-10-2006   #4
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Capers or Casserly?
What I would like to know is why they couldn't see this when he was with the Dolphins???
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
What I would like to know is why they couldn't see this when he was with the Dolphins???
Because he regressed here?
Old 01-10-2006   #6
Meisterman
Veteran

Todd Wade = one more reason to FIRE Casserly.
Old 01-10-2006   #7
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Not really my point, but I see what you are saying.
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
I don't know that Todd Wade is a particularly bad lineman ... but then he isn't particularly good. If I am not mistaken he is however one of the more highly paid linemen in the league ... good job, Cass.
Last year I thought the coaches felt they had to start him because of his salary. Hopefully the new coaches, who weren't part of the "acquire Wade" decision, will be comfortable with his expensive salary on the bench unless he earns playing time.
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

hey now, Casserly watched at least four game tapes on Todd Wade. Just so you know that he's been "thoroughly" evaluated.

Is there a Fire Casserly Club, yet?
Old 01-10-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Todd Wade will be vindicated when he gets to play for a coach who knows what he's doing. You don't start 63 games in four years for a team that's winning if you aren't a very good straight-ahead blocker and stink at pass protection.

Capers comments will probably demonstrate how out of touch he was with the day to day process of coaching the players as opposed to making Wade look bad when it's all said and done.
Old 01-10-2006   #11
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Todd Wade will be vindicated when he gets to play for a coach who knows what he's doing. You don't start 63 games in four years for a team that's winning if you aren't a very good straight-ahead blocker and stink at pass protection.

Capers comments will probably demonstrate how out of touch he was with the day to day process of coaching the players as opposed to making Wade look bad when it's all said and done.
Todd Wade plays too high and his feet are average at best. However, his biggest problem is that he is ill suited to play in the zone blocking scheme. I think Wade is a mediocre RT that could improve to be adequate with proper coaching. He has the potential to be a decent pass blocker. He is already a reasonable run blocker.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Exactly Herv, unless there is something in the Houston water. Overpaid, most likely. Forgot how to play, unlikely.
Old 01-10-2006   #13
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:

Herv, you put into words what I was trying to say. Sometimes I just don't get my point across!

BTW, I love the new avatar! Hilarious!
Old 01-10-2006   #14
Xman
Veteran

Why don't we trade him back to the dolphins.

We take the cap hit for the signing bonus. But, that allows Miami to carry him at a lower cost (only yearly salary) AND they can cut him at any time without any penalty.

Maybe we get a 4th round pick or Ricky Williams (no idea what his trade value is - and maybe we trade him after we get him or keep him as a complement to Bush/DD). Might offer them Greenwood back also if they would give us a decent draft pick (that cap hit would hurt but we could absorb it and be rid of it).
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
Usually OLinemen don't go backwards when they are still under 30, but
maybe Wade is different.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #16
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well maybe instead of trading him we let coach k take him and the rest of the o-line under him and his new o-line coach and correct all the problems that joe pendry did...look at what denver has been able to do with their line over the years...kubiak knows how to make o-lineman block...he'll be able to fix not only carr but o-lineman like wade and weigert
Old 01-10-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Usually OLinemen don't go backwards when they are still under 30, but
maybe Wade is different.
I wasn't nearly as clear as I wanted to be with that short post. I'm not necessarily blaming Wade for the regression. Given the number of players the Texans have who are in the same boat, I'd be willing to accept it was the coaching/scheme that caused any regression.

If the new coaches come in and do an honest evaluation of the players, which IMO they will, we will get an answer to some of these "talent" questions. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by some players that we already have.
Old 01-10-2006   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

My frustration at hearing the radio comments was not directed at Todd Wade. If Todd Wade was truly that bad a lineman (and he was, this year), then why did you not see that prior to signing him? Did you not do your homework? And if you did your homework (as I suspect they did), then did it ever occur to you to ask WHY he played at one level with Miami and a much lower level while here? Did Capers and staff really think that he lost his talent? Talent is not something that you lose - you either have it or you do not. If you do, you will eventually fall victim to injuries or Father Time, or both, but you won't suddenly become a talentless bum.

The players that I think we'll find out are not as bad as people think (in no particular order) --

Wade
Wand
DDavis
Gaffney
Babin
Greenwood
Old 01-10-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
The players that I think we'll find out are not as bad as people think (in no particular order) --

Wade
Wand
DDavis
Gaffney
Babin
Greenwood
I will have to bite my tongue on other players that should be on this list.
Old 01-10-2006   #20
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Additions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I will have to bite my tongue on other players that should be on this list.
Peek will also be a freak if allowed to concentrate on pass rushing as a passing situation DE. I also think that Joppru if (ok, big IF) could be a major contributor.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read