Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2006   #1
texansfan1974
Veteran

Default Let Someone Else Have This Headache

I'm Bush and Young fan, But I'm a Texan fan 1st. I've been doing alot of thinking on this matter and all it is (is a big headache). My thoughts are to trade the #1 pick with the Titans pick up a 1st rounder next year and 2nd or 3rd rounder this year, then trade with the Jets or Packers for a 1st next year and 2nd 0r third this year. We can then draft A.J. Hawk, save money + have 3 1st round picks next year and 2 maybe 3 extra picks this year. So give the Titans the #1 pick and let them blow it, give them the headache.
If this were done there is no way CC could screw it up. He could blow a pick or two and it would not even matter. Plus how cool would it be to wear a jersey with the word hawk on the back of it.
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
I'm Bush and Young fan, But I'm a Texan fan 1st. I've been doing alot of thinking on this matter and all it is (is a big headache). My thoughts are to trade the #1 pick with the Titans pick up a 1st rounder next year and 2nd or 3rd rounder this year, then trade with the Jets or Packers for a 1st next year and 2nd 0r third this year. We can then draft A.J. Hawk, save money + have 3 1st round picks next year and 2 maybe 3 extra picks this year.
If this were done there is no way CC could screw it up. He could blow a pick or two and it would not even matter. Plus how cool would it be to wear a jersey with the word hawk on the back of it.
I'd love to get AJ Hawk somehow; we certainly have defensive needs too! However, I don't know if that's the right thing to do even if we do trade down.

Furthermore, I don't think the first pick of the draft would be a headache to any team outside of Texas.
Old 01-10-2006   #3
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I would love to trade down and pick up more picks. I just want what is best for the Texans. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with bush or VY.
Old 01-10-2006   #4
texansfan1974
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
I would love to trade down and pick up more picks. I just want what is best for the Texans. Even if it doesn't have anything to do with bush or VY.
My thoughts exactly. Trade down get more picks and more of sure thing.
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
Frills
Veteran

No more trading with teams in our division...especially if casserly is negotiating them
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #6
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

WE need mor beef on the offensive line. As far as I am concerned that is what should concentrated on.
Old 01-10-2006   #7
Wordem
Veteran

If you think this is a headache, you haven't watched Vince Young play enough. This is an easy, EASY decision to make. And it will be made. Vince Young is the best player on the board and the Texans will take him.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2006   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We've needed a real left tackle on this team since Boselli never happened and we still need one. Perhaps we should overlook it again this year.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
No more trading with teams in our division...especially if casserly is negotiating them
Less you forget that we would be hurting the Titans more then helping them by giving them first pick. Why? Arent the Titans in cap trouble. To have them trade and pick up a high cap player on a cap strapped team, they will have to lose a few good players to get it to work.
Old 01-10-2006   #10
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
When theTexans traded up to get Babin The Titans got 3 or 4 more draft picks and they finished at 4 & 12 last year.Trading down is not the cure all to make your team better ask the Titans & Fisher I can't believe people on this board want him as a HC of the Texans.
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #11
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem
If you think this is a headache, you haven't watched Vince Young play enough. This is an easy, EASY decision to make. And it will be made. Vince Young is the best player on the board and the Texans will take him.
I watched Vince Young play against A&M and have seen him struggle against teams like Oklahoma State. Yeah, the decision is easy. Trade the pick.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy
When theTexans traded up to get Babin The Titans got 3 or 4 more draft picks and they finished at 4 & 12 last year.Trading down is not the cure all to make your team better ask the Titans & Fisher I can't believe people on this board want him as a HC of the Texans.
Trading down gives you depth and an overall better team for the long-term. That cannot be disputed.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy
i'm not sure exactly which picks we gave up, but it looks like ben troupe, randy starks, & bo schobel. i'm pretty sure the titans would trade babin for those 3 every time.
Old 01-10-2006   #14
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I'd love to get AJ Hawk somehow; we certainly have defensive needs too! However, I don't know if that's the right thing to do even if we do trade down.

Furthermore, I don't think the first pick of the draft would be a headache to any team outside of Texas.
I agree with this...Other then in Texas most of what I have been hearing and reading seem to suggest Bush should be the 1st pick...Again, I think too many folks are using one game as their gage...Prior to the national champ game I think the majority of the folks on this board thought Bush was the right choice as well...Why change after one great performance?
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #15
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
I agree with this...Other then in Texas most of what I have been hearing and reading seem to suggest Bush should be the 1st pick...Again, I think too many folks are using one game as their gage...Prior to the national champ game I think the majority of the folks on this board thought Bush was the right choice as well...Why change after one great performance?
Before the Rose Bowl....Young wasn't considered for the 2006 draft. Since the Rose Bowl....it was only the most prudent thing to do in coming out for the draft. He couldn't rise any higher than he'd come after that performance. That's why one game has changed the outlook in this whole debacle.
Old 01-10-2006   #16
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem
But if you're Bob McNair and looking to win now - you will NOT take him so it's actually NOT an easy decision...especially for those of us who think they're both great and are not big UT fans.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #17
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
Its really the influx of UT fans swamping the boards.

Most true Texans fans believe in Bush, although I'm starting to get worried why its taking him so long to declare.
Old 01-10-2006   #18
1-3
Veteran

Hell, if we trade with the Titans isn't there a great chance we can still get Vince or Reggie? .. with both NO and Tenn going QB or with NO liking Lineheart as has been tossed around
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #19
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude

Most true Texans fans believe in Bush, although I'm starting to get worried why its taking him so long to declare.
If he does indeed declare. He might take a page from Lienert(sp) and stay for his senior year. I'll wait and see.
Old 01-10-2006   #20
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude

It is possible that he is going to stay in School...If this happens I think we should trade the pick...A DE, LB, or D'Brick would not be a bad pick...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read