Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-10-2006   #1
Straightshooter
Rookie

Default RUMOR...Carr to be traded to Dolphins???

RUMORS FLY OF CARR-FOR-RICKY TRADE

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

=============
From profootballtalk.com so take with a huge grain of salt. Dont shoot the thread starter.
Old 01-10-2006   #2
bdiddy
Veteran

I have heard this rumor, but as I heard the deal involved Ricky and a 2nd round pick.

If this happens, which I doubt, it further bolsters the possibility of hiring Greg Davis who had a close relationship with Ricky as well as VY.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know we have a thread on this one already, but can't find right now.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #4
LCOOL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightshooter

On Monday, we surmised that the Texans have floated the notion that they intend to select USC tailback Reggie Bush with the No. 1 pick in the draft in order to avoid criticism from the Longhorns lovers that the lure of playing for his hometown Texans prompted Texas quarterback Vince Young to skip his senior season. (A reader also raised with us another solid possibility -- that the report was a trial balloon aimed at determining what the local reaction would be to not taking Young -- and we're told that the local reaction was decidedly negative.)

But the Bush report also might have been intended to throw potential focus off of rumors that are now emerging -- and these are rumors only -- of a looming trade between the Texans and Dolphins.

Under the deal, as we've heard it, the Texans would send quarterback David Carr to Miami for running back Ricky Williams (a former Longhorn) and a third-round draft pick.

Williams is under contract through 2007. Carr is due to receive an $8 million option bonus in February, which would extend his contract through 2008.

Again, these are rumors only -- and we're not suggesting that this trade will go down. But if it should happen it clears the way for the Texans to select Young.

Stay tuned.

=============
From profootballtalk.com so take with a huge grain of salt. Dont shoot the thread starter.
I have heard the same thing on nfldraftcountdown.com, check out their message boards they will probably have more info on this rumored trade.
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
Frills
Veteran

I call bulls*1+

The source is a joke and mabye gets something right 5% of the time.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #6
MichaelMC
Rookie

I just do not understand why the texans would take such a lcap hit to trade Carr. That is what makes me think this is never going to happen. Not only that buit you could pay the signing bonus, and trade him for a player that may decide right before training camp he wants to go to africa so do yoga.

I am a UT fan and all but come on people get off the UT bandwagon.:brickwall
MichaelMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't dislike Ricky Williams, but I sure hope we never see him in a Texans uniform. This trade rumor is just fan speculation. I wouldn't put much more stock in it than that.
Old 01-10-2006   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Yes but hey, since when did having a thread (or even a half-dozen threads on Vince Young or anything even remotely related to him ever stop us from adding more?

Bring it on!
Old 01-10-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We'd basically be trading Reggie Bush for Ricky Williams. We'll get Young, and a RB that is proven.... sounds like everyone should be happy. Well, if it weren't for Ricky's psyche.... I mean Ricky would be closer to Austin, which I here is where he'd like to be...

If only there were a way we could be sure he won't stiff us like he did the Dolphins.... Surely it would be a big gamble, I don't think Casserly has the 'nads.

But then again, what if he does stiff us.... we'd be fine at RB, but it would basically mean we gave Carr away for a 3rd round pick...... I don't know about that.
Old 01-10-2006   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Yeah like we have one RB thread and one VY thread....
Old 01-10-2006   #11
bullman
Rookie

Thumbs down

Quote:

Stay tuned.

=============
This was a useless thread, dont you have something better to do, this is a bs rumor!! Carr is staying!
bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Ricky Williams? No freaking way I want that nutjob on our team. Not to mention he still has a big contract. I'm all for trading Carr. But if we do i want a starting OL or defensive player and a draft pick in return at least...
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #13
Straightshooter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullman
This was a useless thread, dont you have something better to do, this is a bs rumor!! Carr is staying!
I have something better to do, and thats bug you with this thread. They have been right before. 5% is way off more like 45%. They do make some crap up, but it is cause for discussion. I dont think you would take a cap hit until you paid carr his roster bounus. So depend on if they paid him. I am not a capologist so I shall degress.

If you dont like the thread dont post and it will go the way of the Carribean alpha monkey.
Old 01-10-2006   #14
Straightshooter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr
Ricky Williams? No freaking way I want that nutjob on our team. Not to mention he still has a big contract. I'm all for trading Carr. But if we do i want a starting OL or defensive player and a draft pick in return at least...
You guys dont know Bo Didley dont you? He does not have a huge contract. He is making League minumumuumumummummmmm. He got jacked when he retired and came back.

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways. :brickwall ok maybe not..

Last edited by Straightshooter; 01-10-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Straightshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

There is also rumors of Carr going to Oakland for a 2nd round draft pick and Doug Gabriel. But in these times you have got to take everything with a grain of salt and sit back, watch, and laugh. Its still three months away.

Nothings going to happen.....yet.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #16
Straightshooter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
There is also rumors of Carr going to Oakland for a 2nd round draft pick and Doug Gabriel. But in these times you have got to take everything with a grain of salt and sit back, watch, and laugh. Its still three months away.

Nothings going to happen.....yet.
Yes sir!
Old 01-10-2006   #17
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Quote:
You guys dont know Bo Didley dont you? He does not have a huge contract. He is making League minumumuumumummummmmm. He got jacked when he retired and came back.

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways. :brickwall
Anything he makes is too much money. That crack smoker just needs to stay away from our team!
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not for trading Carr and drafting Young #1, but if it happens I can live with it. Young's a great guy. But I don't want Ricky Williams anywhere near Vince. Why not sign Terrell Owens while you're at it? The Texans don't need that kind of poison.
Old 01-10-2006   #19
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

There may be some plausibility in Ricky coming to Houston but it won't involve Carr. I could see the Texians trading down with Miami for the #1 pick and inreturn the Texians get Ricky, 06 #1, 06 #3, and 07 #1. That seems more plausible, simply from salary cap point of view.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #20
exclude
Veteran

Quote:

Ricky Williams is some what stable anyways.
Look, the Texans can only take on one UT project at a time.

Draft Bush and let Michael Vick, er, Vince Young go to Tennessee!!
exclude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read