Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2006   #1
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan
 
FirstTexansFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Braunfels, Tx.
Age: 56
Posts: 2,285
Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default The Longhorns Unique Perspective

Longhorn fans are tired of all the assinine postings being made by those who just don't have the knowledge of football Longhorn fans do. Longhorn fans are by far the most intelligent football fans in the world. The Longhorns have afterall just won a College National Championship. This instantaneously makes Longhorn fans the ultimate coaches and general managers. A Longhorn fan can determine quickly whether a player can be a true NFL prospect or a dud. It's easy, if the player isn't from UT, they will be a dud. Longhorn fans are true bandwagon fans. I've personally witnessed them scraping those little horns off the backs of the pickup trucks at midnight after a loss. Like a cockroach, when exposed to light, a Longhorn fan will scurry to darkness after defeat. I've personally not witnessed so much burnt orange being worn by more people without a degree from UT, that without my blueblocker sunglasses I may have gone blind. I do give thanks though, because like the sun rising tomorrow, things will change. And once again, I won't be subjected to all these inane postings. And if we REAL TEXAN fans are very lucky? We'll have our pick of decent seats at Reliant Stadium as the mass exodus of the cattle file out the turnstiles. Life will once again, be good
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #2
1-3
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 115
Rep Power: 0 1-3 is ridin' the pine
Default

Bitter much?
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #3
AustinJB
All Pro
 
AustinJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 35
Posts: 592
Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP
Default

Yeah...Ouch...sounds like a Sooner fan.

So now someone can't root for a team unless they graduate from that school? And yeah, LH fans are true bandwagon fans. They only come out when they win championships right? So, until now, I guess you haven't seen any burnt orange for 36 years?

I don't think that all the LH fans think that just b/c someone isn't from UT they're a bust. Just think VY is a better option than over-hyped-all-year-Hollywood-Bush.
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 14,556
Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3
Bitter much?
No he's just sick of the "invasion" like a lot of us.

I thought it was a pretty good post myself, but then I'm not seeing the world through burnt orange sunglasses and I don't have a crush on Vince.
__________________
A wise man once said "...well at this point it's all been hashed out and you either see it or don't. Hoping for a win next week" - HTown2ATX
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor
 
Malloy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: CPH
Age: 40
Posts: 5,529
Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

yay, yet another "I'm the REAL fan" posts
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #6
cap1
All Pro
 
cap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Friendswood, TX
Age: 35
Posts: 557
Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default

I understand where he is coming from. I have been around this board since 2002 before it changed to the new style. I have never seen so many posts aobut the same person. I also don't understand where some of these so called Texans fans will quit cheering the Texans if we don't pick up the local player.
__________________
2006 Champion of Yahoo Fantasy Football League: Go Texan League
cap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #7
SteelBlueToro
Veteran
 
SteelBlueToro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 46
Posts: 116
Rep Power: 11 SteelBlueToro is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
No he's just sick of the "invasion" like a lot of us.
Ditto!
__________________
We fear the zone... the end zone...
SteelBlueToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2006   #8
BREAZE
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 280
Rep Power: 0 BREAZE is ridin' the pine
Default

Oh God, not another "Real Fan" debate from a real (insert) fan.

However those that feel like their toes are getting stepped on here buy Horns fan are the very ones who probably buy into this ridiculous debate. There are 2 kinds of Horns fan…those that bleed Orange and want a Longhorn picked no matter what and those who actually do follow the Texans and Longhorns. I live in Houston, but I have been to Austin on Sundays and the Texan games are broadcasted so you’re foolish to think that there is not a following regardless of how bad we are.

Sure the board is more active now, when is that a bad thing? You can’t say they don’t know what they are talking about as they have watched VY now for a few years...maybe that threatens some of you for some odd reason. I’m guessing there are some people who want Kubiak for the simple reason he’s an ex-Aggie. People are not going to stop being proud because it bothers you. If you graduated from a university with sports you might understand a little better.

The Rockets board was dead too until they brought in Yao Ming and now the Rockets have a billion more annoying fans…it’s the nature of the beast…deal with it because its here to stay and it will only drive you crazy if you don't. If we choose VY its obviously going nowhere and if we don’t the board will be littered with “see, I told you so” threads for years to come. Complaining about it sure is not going to make it go away…
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #9
CenTexNative
Veteran
 
CenTexNative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the booonies
Posts: 210
Rep Power: 9 CenTexNative is ridin' the pine
Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan
Longhorn fans are tired of all the assinine postings being made by those who just don't have the knowledge of football Longhorn fans do. Longhorn fans are by far the most intelligent football fans in the world. The Longhorns have afterall just won a College National Championship. This instantaneously makes Longhorn fans the ultimate coaches and general managers. A Longhorn fan can determine quickly whether a player can be a true NFL prospect or a dud. It's easy, if the player isn't from UT, they will be a dud. Longhorn fans are true bandwagon fans. I've personally witnessed them scraping those little horns off the backs of the pickup trucks at midnight after a loss. Like a cockroach, when exposed to light, a Longhorn fan will scurry to darkness after defeat. I've personally not witnessed so much burnt orange being worn by more people without a degree from UT, that without my blueblocker sunglasses I may have gone blind. I do give thanks though, because like the sun rising tomorrow, things will change. And once again, I won't be subjected to all these inane postings. And if we REAL TEXAN fans are very lucky? We'll have our pick of decent seats at Reliant Stadium as the mass exodus of the cattle file out the turnstiles. Life will once again, be good
So if I get this right, and I amy not, what you are saying is: To be a FAN of a universitys team we should have at least attended that school? So does that also mean that to be a Texans fan we should have played or workd for the team first.
I will give you this though. Indeed there are those that become 'fans' when whatever team is winning and are instantly off the band wagon when they start sliding downhill. But for the most part everyone I know that has been a fan of the Longhorns have always been and ditto for the Texans.
__________________
I'll Just Wait And See What Happens
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #10
Frills
Veteran
 
Frills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 37
Posts: 481
Rep Power: 0 Frills is ridin' the pine
Default

The way VY wears his hat makes him look very intelligent.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame
 
TheOgre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back in the cellar again
Posts: 3,739
Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP
Default

I am a UT alumni and fan, and I would prefer we didn't take Young. I'd really prefer to trade down with the Jets and take Ferguson. With that less likely than me winning the lottery, I want us to take Bush. I haven't given up on Carr yet. I don't think the coaching staff and GM given him a chance to succeed.
__________________
"...the Texans select...Adrian Peterson, RB, University of Oklahoma."
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
BREAZE
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 280
Rep Power: 0 BREAZE is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I am a UT alumni and fan, and I would prefer we didn't take Young. I'd really prefer to trade down with the Jets and take Ferguson. With that less likely than me winning the lottery, I want us to take Bush. I haven't given up on Carr yet. I don't think the coaching staff and GM given him a chance to succeed.

Ferguson is the right move, just the least popular move. I wonder how Cowboy fans initially reacted when Hershel Walker was dealt?
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #13
BREAZE
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 280
Rep Power: 0 BREAZE is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexNative
So if I get this right, and I amy not, what you are saying is: To be a FAN of a universitys team we should have at least attended that school? So does that also mean that to be a Texans fan we should have played or workd for the team first.
I will give you this though. Indeed there are those that become 'fans' when whatever team is winning and are instantly off the band wagon when they start sliding downhill. But for the most part everyone I know that has been a fan of the Longhorns have always been and ditto for the Texans.

Good point, could VY have possibly created UT fans? There are many angles...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro
 
LBC_Justin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 805
Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan
Longhorn fans are tired of all the assinine postings being made by those who just don't have the knowledge of football Longhorn fans do. Longhorn fans are by far the most intelligent football fans in the world. The Longhorns have afterall just won a College National Championship. This instantaneously makes Longhorn fans the ultimate coaches and general managers. A Longhorn fan can determine quickly whether a player can be a true NFL prospect or a dud. It's easy, if the player isn't from UT, they will be a dud. Longhorn fans are true bandwagon fans. I've personally witnessed them scraping those little horns off the backs of the pickup trucks at midnight after a loss. Like a cockroach, when exposed to light, a Longhorn fan will scurry to darkness after defeat. I've personally not witnessed so much burnt orange being worn by more people without a degree from UT, that without my blueblocker sunglasses I may have gone blind. I do give thanks though, because like the sun rising tomorrow, things will change. And once again, I won't be subjected to all these inane postings. And if we REAL TEXAN fans are very lucky? We'll have our pick of decent seats at Reliant Stadium as the mass exodus of the cattle file out the turnstiles. Life will once again, be good
LongHorn fans aren't as annoying as you think.

Try living in Southern California for the last 3 years. USC fans walk around and act like they are golden gods. Sickening. Trust me maybe 1% of them went to the school.

Also, teams count on having fans that are not Allumni.
Otherwise Duke and Notre Dame would not have atheletic programs. They are both very very small schools.

I agree with you though, since the rose bowl it is nearly impossible to carry on a inteligent debate. Too many emotions involved.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #15
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan
 
FirstTexansFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Braunfels, Tx.
Age: 56
Posts: 2,285
Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default

Well, now to point out the obvious to the oblivious. It was a posting made with a big 'ol grin on my face. See, I know you tsips, you can't stand a poke in the ribs. You're humorless when it comes to your team. I really don't care if we take VY or Bush, in fact, if you read the boards regulary, you'll see I'm of the opinion we should trade the pick and fill other needs on our team. Most of the members of this board are a bit fed up with the rhetoric from you orangebloods. Lets get a grip and bring some common sense back to posting. Nothing we post here will in any way affect the decisions made by Texans management. Our new coach will be making this big decision. All the rest of us can do as REAL fans of the Texans is support him in whatever decision he comes to. And for the record, I'd just as soon slit my wrists than support any team outside the state of Texas...how DARE ya call me a Sooner! LOL

Gig'Em Boys, you've just been had by a dumb Aggie <Grin>
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame
 
Huge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Out yonder way...
Age: 42
Posts: 2,386
Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan
Well, now to point out the obvious to the oblivious. It was a posting made with a big 'ol grin on my face. See, I know you tsips, you can't stand a poke in the ribs. You're humorless when it comes to your team. I really don't care if we take VY or Bush, in fact, if you read the boards regulary, you'll see I'm of the opinion we should trade the pick and fill other needs on our team. Most of the members of this board are a bit fed up with the rhetoric from you orangebloods. Lets get a grip and bring some common sense back to posting. Nothing we post here will in any way affect the decisions made by Texans management. Our new coach will be making this big decision. All the rest of us can do as REAL fans of the Texans is support him in whatever decision he comes to. And for the record, I'd just as soon slit my wrists than support any team outside the state of Texas...how DARE ya call me a Sooner! LOL

Gig'Em Boys, you've just been had by a dumb Aggie <Grin>
Yeah, you really got us there.

If most of the members are "fed up with the rhetoric", here's a bit of advice: Don't open/read/respond to threads concerning Longhorn players. It's a pretty simple concept.

If nothing we post here will in any way affect the decisions made by management, then what do you care what we have to say? I agree several of the posts concerning Vince Young have been a bit of a stretch. But I have yet to see a logical argument made against him. "Omar Jacobs has the same running ability", "Vince Young can't pass the ball", etc. etc. As dumb as some of our views look to you, have you considered how dumb your views look to us?

Oh, that's right...from the outside looking in, we can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

6 in a row...and counting.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame
 
tulexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default

Omar Jacobs is probably more NFL ready than Vince Young. He is just as big, has a much stronger arm, but is less of a runner. He is mobile, but not a running QB. The only difference is that he plays in the MAC and Vince plays in the Big 12
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame
 
Huge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Out yonder way...
Age: 42
Posts: 2,386
Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Omar Jacobs is probably more NFL ready than Vince Young.
Speculative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
He is just as big
Irrelevent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
has a much stronger arm
Incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
but is less of a runner.
At least you broke your streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
The only difference is that he plays in the MAC and Vince plays in the Big 12
Meaning he didn't face the defenses that Young did and still managed inferior stats.

Thanks.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #19
CenTexNative
Veteran
 
CenTexNative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the booonies
Posts: 210
Rep Power: 9 CenTexNative is ridin' the pine
Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative
Default

Very good Huge
__________________
I'll Just Wait And See What Happens
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #20
TexansCanes
All Pro
 
TexansCanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: LSU
Age: 27
Posts: 600
Rep Power: 11 TexansCanes is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
LongHorn fans aren't as annoying as you think.

Try living in Southern California for the last 3 years. USC fans walk around and act like they are golden gods. Sickening. Trust me maybe 1% of them went to the school.

Also, teams count on having fans that are not Allumni.
Otherwise Duke and Notre Dame would not have atheletic programs. They are both very very small schools.

I agree with you though, since the rose bowl it is nearly impossible to carry on a inteligent debate. Too many emotions involved.
i don't know where exactly you are but it always seemed to me like a lot of the people went to sc but have only really cared the last three years. i say we just wait a little and all of these "true" fans from ut will leave.
__________________
"He's a bad dude, I'd like to have him in our arsenal. I'd never run the ball."
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger