Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2006   #1
djchapa11
Rookie

Thumbs up Houston needs VY

With no disrespect to Dave Carr and Reggie Bush. Houston has to take Vince Young. When VY played In state championship in high school thousand came to see him play. IF houston gets him. Ticket sales will be off the charts. I mean, I am a born Cowboy fan. If VY comes to H-town come sundays i will be making trips more to Houston than Dallas. Houston doesn't need a running back. Davis has proven worth of that job. The rosebowl preview tw things.
#1- Reggie bush proved he can be contained when up against a good defence.
#2- When Young is over-looked, and not getting the respect that he desevse.(just like the pre-rosebowl coverage.) (Reggie this,Reggie that) He proved that game, what he is capable of doing in big game and against a tough team.

Young has the skills of mike vick, but is bigger and a much better passer.
So here is my take

Get VY, trade Carr get some help on the offense of line, or defence.

True reggie probably with raise ticket sales, but wouldn't come close to what Vince would bring.

I would be good for the Texans all around and the City of Houston and the state of Texas.

I promise you if Houston passes on VY it will come back to haunt them.:brickwall

In texas we say "Remember the Alamo" I say " Remember the Rose Bowl"
djchapa11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

So the games will go from sell outs to double sell outs?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Last time I called the team there was a 7-8 year waiting list for season tickets, so I'm pretty sure there's not much of a danger of that, although maybe half of them will drop off after we don't draft Vince Young then I can get tickets sooner.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

You'll have rappers on MTV wearing Texans Jerseys, hats, sweats.

You'll see Houston Texas Fans in Tenessee, New York, Indianapolis.... even in Green BAy.
Old 01-10-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Yeah and Reggie Bush will do the exact same thing.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, maybe some of us won't be stuck in the parking lot literally giving away tickets before the game as I did several times last season because no one wanted to go to the game with me for free.

Though I did get $50 for 4 tickets and blue parking pass on a game I couldn't attend.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
You'll have rappers on MTV wearing Texans Jerseys, hats, sweats.
OK, now that's one reason NOT to draft VY.
Sponsored links
Old 01-10-2006   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This town will go crazy with either pick, IMO. A new coaching staff and new playmaker can do wonders for the hopes of fans. Soon enough, 2-14 will only be a collective memory that we refer to as the Dark Period.

Good times ahead!
Old 01-10-2006   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Well, maybe some of us won't be stuck in the parking lot literally giving away tickets before the game as I did several times last season because no one wanted to go to the game with me for free.

Though I did get $50 for 4 tickets and blue parking pass on a game I couldn't attend.
It was crazy. I got 2nd row, 30 yard line seats for $45 each for my parents for Christmas. That's the same price I pay for my nosebleed seats every game.

And McNair guaranteed sell outs to the NFL (through year 4, I believe) to avoid blackouts. Attendance was terrible the last half of this season.

I expect a ticket turnover this season. I expected it regardless of the losing record - I think it just becomes cost-prohibitive for ticket holders, especially when the novelty has worn off.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Hook 'Em:

You are NEVER going to let Carr off the hook for that statement, are you?

I'm not cracking on you. Seriously, I'm not. I just laugh so loud sitting at my computer because I see your screen name appear on the bull pen page, and I go as quick as I can to see your reply to a thread on the QB....knowing what I'll see: More "It's not a must-win game but more of a must-play-well game.."

LOL.

My favorite Carr quote was after the preseason loss to Tampa Bay when he practically looked mentally challenged out there. And he said something to the effect of, "I'm just glad that we get to play a game next week that's for real..."

Oh man, I was pee-o'd for WEEKS. I knew we were doomed before the kickoff happened in Buffalo. Knew it.

Anyways, you're just pretty much "done" with Carr, huh? You see no way he can turn it around? Not even with what Kubiak did with Plummer?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Yeah, businesses hate free advertising, lol.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #12
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

May be not But i think we would defenetly have fans stick around the whole game i remember the KC Game after david threw the touchdown to sammy knight you should of seen the "Fans" just walk out from what i could tell at least a good 20000 people left after that.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Hook 'Em:

You are NEVER going to let Carr off the hook for that statement, are you?

I'm not cracking on you. Seriously, I'm not. I just laugh so loud sitting at my computer because I see your screen name appear on the bull pen page, and I go as quick as I can to see your reply to a thread on the QB....knowing what I'll see: More "It's not a must-win game but more of a must-play-well game.."

LOL.

My favorite Carr quote was after the preseason loss to Tampa Bay when he practically looked mentally challenged out there. And he said something to the effect of, "I'm just glad that we get to play a game next week that's for real..."

Oh man, I was pee-o'd for WEEKS. I knew we were doomed before the kickoff happened in Buffalo. Knew it.

Anyways, you're just pretty much "done" with Carr, huh? You see no way he can turn it around? Not even with what Kubiak did with Plummer?
I was done with Carr after I read that comment. Until then I was giving him every benefit of the doubt. His defeatest attitude and demeanor irritate me more than his play. Yes, he has been given a raw deal, yes, he seems to be a good guy and a class act as a person. However the person at the QB position has to be looked up to or at the very least respected by his team mates. I don't see that with him. You don't teach character and I don't think another coach is going to change that.

Honestly, about halfway through the season I was hoping we would have a shot at Leinart because I was convinced Carr wasn't the answer. However I soured on Leinart after watching him a few times and hearing about his bad wheels. He might turn out to be a great QB but I fear he is a product of the USC system and wouldn't be as good without all the weapons he had around him. So with that said I was all for Bush because I thought he would be the best player on the board, however I was worried that he might end up being another Eric Metcalf (real good player but not worth the #1 pick).
Old 01-10-2006   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchapa11
With no disrespect to Dave Carr and Reggie Bush. Houston has to take Vince Young. When VY played In state championship in high school thousand came to see him play. IF houston gets him. Ticket sales will be off the charts. I mean, I am a born Cowboy fan. If VY comes to H-town come sundays i will be making trips more to Houston than Dallas. Houston doesn't need a running back. Davis has proven worth of that job. The rosebowl preview tw things.
#1- Reggie bush proved he can be contained when up against a good defence.
#2- When Young is over-looked, and not getting the respect that he desevse.(just like the pre-rosebowl coverage.) (Reggie this,Reggie that) He proved that game, what he is capable of doing in big game and against a tough team.

Young has the skills of mike vick, but is bigger and a much better passer.
So here is my take

Get VY, trade Carr get some help on the offense of line, or defence.

True reggie probably with raise ticket sales, but wouldn't come close to what Vince would bring.

I would be good for the Texans all around and the City of Houston and the state of Texas.

I promise you if Houston passes on VY it will come back to haunt them.:brickwall

In texas we say "Remember the Alamo" I say " Remember the Rose Bowl"
It's pretty silly to think a QB or a RB can also play the OL, defensive line and linebacker, all at one time, since these are the positions that REALLY need help. I hearken back to Tampa Bay when they drafted Steve Young. He was awful with the Bucs but when traded to a decent team ended up becoming a Hall of Famer. Do you really, really think it would be any different if the Texans drafted Bush or Young without fixing their many other problems? This isn't fantasy football -- it's REAL football where games are won and lost in the trenches.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

See, I thought Carr was dead and buried up until the Sunday night game when he was showing some support of guys like McKinney when they were really stinking it up on pass protection.

Was that an "act" by Carr on national TV to recover his character? If it was, then he is a phonie. I'm just not sure he is as bad as he's being made out to be. I think he's guilty of saying ignorant things, and thus he needs to save the public speaking for someone more eloquent such as Caddy or Helen Keller.

I just think the guy is worn out from four years of Capersville. He's trying to be the good soldier and to honor the authority figures over him, but throughout this pastyear it's become too much. SOmething had to give, and I think he refused to let it get to him at the expense of his own performance.

Call it a maturity thing, but I think this team's philosophy in both protection AND in offenseive strategy is the main culprit.

I think we're all ready to see our QB do well. I'm just not so sure that Carr is washed up. Maybe so. Maybe no.

It's like my mom always says, "Time will tell, and sh!t will smell, and water will seek it's own level..." And that's the only three sure things in life. Time will tell if he's finsihed with us, and if he's finished with NFL.

I just don't think a radical change at QB is in the best interest of the team right now. To me, it'd be 2005 season all over again: Instead this time it would be a rookie QB costing us games and not a coaching staff.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #16
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
May be not But i think we would defenetly have fans stick around the whole game
Who cares if fans stick around the whole game or not?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #17
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchapa11
If Houston passes up "X player" it will come back to haunt them. Theres two this year. Apparently we're screwed either way.
Old 01-10-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I may regret rooting for this team to start winning.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006   #19
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
A cowboy fan?!! Who in the flying **** let this cat on the board?

Oh, and thanks for starting Vince Young is great thread #947.
Old 01-10-2006   #20
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Last time I called the team there was a 7-8 year waiting list for season tickets, so I'm pretty sure there's not much of a danger of that, although maybe half of them will drop off after we don't draft Vince Young then I can get tickets sooner.
You could have gotten season tickets this year. Are you referring to a PSL section season ticket?
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read