Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2006   #1
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone else notice...

Since the Rose Bowl, all of a sudden there are BOATLOADS of posters with less than 50 post and almost to a person are VY supporters. A great many apear to be of ...shall I say..of questionable origin. Not Texans fans, but just UT people who appear all of a sudden trying to blow up the board with support for their guy. The MB is open to all and good discussion is great, but mindless perroting of "Vince is God" is getting more than a little tiresome. Some have cogent things to say, but IMO, most are just posting the same drival over and over.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Since the Rose Bowl, all of a sudden there are BOATLOADS of posters with less than 50 post and almost to a person are VY supporters. A great many apear to be of ...shall I say..of questionable origin. Not Texans fans, but just UT people who appear all of a sudden trying to blow up the board with support for their guy. The MB is open to all and good discussion is great, but mindless perroting of "Vince is God" is getting more than a little tiresome. Some have cogent things to say, but IMO, most are just posting the same drival over and over.
So this poll is strictly from UT fans?? Dumb post are getting real tiresome...the drivel part is well taken.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/index?se...rts&id=3243795
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right. I literally almost screamed outloud earlier today after reading some of the threads. I am not complaining about someone posting their opinion, that is what we are all here for, but when you are trying to have a discussion with someone and all they can come back with is "Carr sucks Vince rules" it gets frustrating.
Old 01-09-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Point well taken Edo. There was a day when we actually discussed our thoughts while backing it up with a reference. Emotion rules the day and it spreads like wildfire.
Old 01-09-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Anyone have an amnesia ray so that we can make people forget about the Rose Bowl?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #6
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
You're right. I literally almost screamed outloud earlier today after reading some of the threads. I am not complaining about someone posting their opinion, that is what we are all here for, but when you are trying to have a discussion with someone and all they can come back with is "Carr sucks Vince rules" it gets frustrating.
If anyone is brilliant enough to say that VY, Bush, or Carr sucks then its not worth a response...you might as well be responding to a cheerleader.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a circular argument on both sides and I appreciate you welcoming me to this board. Neither side is convincing the other one and both make a decent argument.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
So this poll is strictly from UT fans?? Dumb post are getting real tiresome...the drivel part is well taken.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/index?se...rts&id=3243795
This is Vince's back yard. I'd be interested in what the results would show if this were a nation wide poll.
pskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
If anyone is brilliant enough to say that VY, Bush, or Carr sucks then its not worth a response...you might as well be responding to a cheerleader.

Oh yeah?

Well.... Well you suck man! Yeah! You SUUUUUUUUUUCK!

VINCE RULES YEAH BABY!

CARR SUX, BUSH SUX

Old 01-09-2006   #10
Wordem
Veteran

I'm a Houston fan above all else. It's my hometown. I want what's best for the teams that represent my hometown. Thus far the Texans have been a disaster. This was the playoff year, remember? Vince Young is what is best not only for the team, but also for the city. He's that special and that important. He is Nolan Ryan, Earl Campbell, and Hakeem Olajuwon rolled into one.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskinny
This is Vince's back yard. I'd be interested in what the results would show if this were a nation wide poll.

They had one on Sportscenter the other day. It was 61% for Bush and 39% for Young.
Old 01-09-2006   #12
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem
I'm a Houston fan above all else. It's my hometown. I want what's best for the teams that represent my hometown. Thus far the Texans have been a disaster. This was the playoff year, remember? Vince Young is what is best not only for the team, but also for the city. He's that special and that important. He is Nolan Ryan, Earl Campbell, and Hakeem Olajuwon rolled into one.
The guy hasn't played a down of NFL football, and now he's three Hall of Famers rolled into one? Get a grip on reality man. Jesus does not go to the University of Texas.
Old 01-09-2006   #13
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
The guy hasn't played a down of NFL football, and now he's three Hall of Famers rolled into one? Get a grip on reality man. Jesus does not go to the University of Texas.
Trust me. He's that good. You don't whiff on greatness.
Old 01-09-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

I never knew that we were the Lagos Texans.
Old 01-09-2006   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The good thing is that once you've read one post from many of these posters, you've read them all by that poster. It really saves time.

To be fair, there are a fewnew posters who show evidence that they may be valuable posters over the long haul.

The number one pick has generated some buzz; now we need to separate the wheat from the chaff (if I can mix metaphors).
Old 01-09-2006   #16
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Trust me. He's that good. You don't whiff on greatness.
Then hopefully the Texans take your advice and draft Reggie Bush.
Old 01-09-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I bet if you looked at the UT year book you would find plenty of Jesus' enrolled as students.
Old 01-09-2006   #18
Wordem
Veteran

They're taking Vince Young.
Old 01-09-2006   #19
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I bet if you looked at the UT year book you would find plenty of Jesus' enrolled as students.
LMAO!
Old 01-09-2006   #20
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
They're taking Vince Young.
Maybe, I think the worst thing of all for both sides of this debate is that we have to wait until the end of April to find out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read