Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade 3rd round picks for a 1st rounder?

I heard this on the Charlie Pallilo show on 790 AM. He mentioned maybe trading both 3rd round picks to move up to the first round and get one of the top tight ends. Would you do it? You don't necessarily have to pick a tight end, but would you make the trade?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
real

I don't think they should because I think they can pick up more value in the third with those two picks..
Old 01-09-2006   #3
SESupergenius

I try and trade up and get DT Ngata if it were feasible and we were sticking with the 3-4.
Old 01-09-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I try and trade up and get DT Ngata if it were feasible and we were sticking with the 3-4.
Who is Ngata? I've never heard of him. Any stats would help.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still like David Thomas from UT at TE, but from what I am reading is stock has risen since the Rose Bowl. I have read he could go in the second round. As far as trding back into the 1st with our 2 rd round picks, would probably depend on who was on the board at the time. If a major talent fell I say go for it.
Old 01-09-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

IT depends on who is available, right now we could probably get Aaron Harris, DeMario Minter or Cedric Griffin with our 3rd's. Also, Essinger might be available, and there is always someone who slipps...
Old 01-09-2006   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Who is Ngata? I've never heard of him. Any stats would help.
o wow...he is a stud DT from Oregon. He has been the top DT for 3 years now, and him not declaring almost brought me to tears last year. He was the guy I wanted besides DJ.
Old 01-09-2006   #8
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe that it would take a little more than that to move into the bottom of the 1st round. those draft pick trading charts are a little silly, but are close enough to the truth for these discussions.

Here is fron NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8358748
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Daonly
Veteran

I rather stay put.. Grab Fasano The Notre Dame TE.and the best Avalible CB.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Yeah, I think it would be a good move to trade our 2 thirds for a late 1st if we can pick up Lewis or Pope.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #11
Daonly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis
Yeah, I think it would be a good move to trade our 2 thirds for a late 1st if we can pick up Lewis or Pope.
our 2nd and Saints 3rd to move up to get Vernon Davis. Maybe to the Broncos for the Redskins pick. Maybe they can thorw ina 5th round as well.
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

The only way we will get Vernon Davis is if we trade back into the top 10. He is going to blow people away once he goes to the combine. 2 thirds for a first might be pushing it. We definitely could trade 2 thirds for another second.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #13
tiger06
Veteran

I'd like to actually keep our picks for one year
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
The only way we will get Vernon Davis is if we trade back into the top 10. He is going to blow people away once he goes to the combine. 2 thirds for a first might be pushing it. We definitely could trade 2 thirds for another second.
I don't watch college ball, but I have heard a lot of people say that Davis is a physical freak.
Old 01-09-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I don't watch college ball, but I have heard a lot of people say that Davis is a physical freak.
he is quite the specimen. and he will move up the charts after the combine. he will not go in the top 10. The only TE who has the potential to go in the top 10 is Greg Olsen, who is better than Shockey and K2 at the U. He may not even declare this year.
Old 01-09-2006   #16
Jerry
Veteran

Davis is 6-3, 250, and runs a 4.41 during spring practice and may very well go in the top 10. Leonard Pope at 6-5 250 4.5 is pretty freakish as well. Good year for tight ends
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #17
1-3
Veteran

Quote:
I believe that it would take a little more than that to move into the bottom of the 1st round. those draft pick trading charts are a little silly, but are close enough to the truth for these discussions.

Here is fron NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8358748
Exactly. Since when will 2 thirds get you into the first round? If anyone was willing, you do that in a heartbeat with no questions asked. We moved back what three spots? in the first and got a 3rd rounder for it last year. Our first overall in the 2nd round and a 3rd could grab another 1st rounder (still in the 2nd half) but no way the 3rd rounders could, unless Casserly is working on behalf of both teams.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I heard this on the Charlie Pallilo show on 790 AM. He mentioned maybe trading both 3rd round picks to move up to the first round and get one of the top tight ends. Would you do it? You don't necessarily have to pick a tight end, but would you make the trade?
I doubt anyone would trade us a 1st round pick for two 3rd round picks, maybe someone would give us a 1st rounder in the 18-24 range for our 2nd round and one of the 3rd rounders, but if we could con someone into giving us a 1st for two 3rds then I'd definitely think about it. I'm also not a fan of picking a TE in the 1st round, if we're going to move back up it should be to take an elite OT like Eric Winston or else someone on defense.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's keep the picks for a change and work on building up our core players.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
Davis is 6-3, 250, and runs a 4.41 during spring practice and may very well go in the top 10. Leonard Pope at 6-5 250 4.5 is pretty freakish as well. Good year for tight ends
Pope is somewhere between 6'7 and 6'8. But I don't think he runs a 4.5
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read