Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What's the biggest offseason need for the Texans?
Quarterback 7 11.86%
Runningback 4 6.78%
Wide Receiver/TE 6 10.17%
Defensive Line 7 11.86%
Linebacker 7 11.86%
Secondary 8 13.56%
Offensive Line 44 74.58%
Kicker/Punter 1 1.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question What is the biggest needs for the Texans this offseason?

What is the biggest offseason need for the Texans?
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

so.....wheres the oline option?
Old 01-09-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Mods instead of Kicker/Punter can you put Offensive line? I thought I had typed that and I couldn't edit the poll
Old 01-09-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Admin will have to do it. I don't have those super powers.

I pick o-line, when available.
Old 01-09-2006   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

All better.
Old 01-09-2006   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 20113 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

do you want kicker/punter added?
Old 01-09-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

IF you want to Khari.. that will be fine.

I figure Chris brown is our team MVP this season and one of the reason's that we are in the position of the draft that we are
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected

i say oline, but i voted for the linebackers. if we keep the 3-4, which i hope we do btw, they are the most important guys out there.

after oline and the linebackers its the secondary, dline, WR/TE, RB (franchise type)

i got a bit impatient and voted too quickly. but its all good in the hood...
Old 01-09-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, O-line is a no brainer. I doubt there is a poster on this board that doesn't know that the lack of O-line has KICKED our butt for 4 years. It's time for that to stop. Nothing works in the NFL, if the lines suck...Period.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
Bongo59
Veteran

anyone who does not vote OL better be Helen Keller......................
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #11
Wordem
Veteran

You left out "General Manager".
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

I am suprised DL so far hasn't been a big issue.
Old 01-09-2006   #13
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
I am suprised DL so far hasn't been a big issue.

we just wasted our 1st pick last year on it.

Ill go crazy if we spend any pick on the DL.
Old 01-09-2006   #14
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

even ngata?

it said offseason plan which includes FAs, so i wouldnt be against picking up a DLineman this offseason
Old 01-09-2006   #15
SESupergenius

Where's the "All the above" option?
Old 01-09-2006   #16
texplayer2
Veteran

I thought the question was:What's the biggest offseason need for the Texans?. That would include the draft and free agency right. We NEED some O-line help from somewhere. Wether it be coaching, new draft picks, or veterans. We also need someone to lead our Defense.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

my intent was to see what people thought we needed.. and wonder why they are saying draft something else

for example people are saying reggie bush ..reggie bush, yet what people think of needs is OL ..well why draft RB if we need OL.. why not trade down gain some picks and work on the OL (that is if we didn't pick one up from FA)
Old 01-11-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Oline, Secondary, and Runningback.

Oline is a no brainer.

Secondary I put because I think we need to figure out what to do about Buchanan and hte #2 CB spot. As well as Coleman and FS.. i think both of them should either be off the team, or 2nd stringers. ANd in our division.. we need that secondary to be strong.

Runningback is more of a need than people realize I think. It may be fixed by a new coaching staff having DD share carries with Morency or Wells.. but having someone like Bush would make sure it was fixed, and one of our biggest offensive strengths. DD cannot carry the workload himself.. and his career is gonna be very short if he doesnt start getting fewer carries. We need someone real talented to share carries with him.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
IMO, O-line is a no brainer. I doubt there is a poster on this board that doesn't know that the lack of O-line has KICKED our butt for 4 years. It's time for that to stop. Nothing works in the NFL, if the lines suck...Period.
I actually said D-line, because I'm getting real tierd of people running hundreds of yards on us every game.

Alot of other stuff needs fixing too, I know. I just hate seeing us getting chewed up by rushers
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006   #20
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
my intent was to see what people thought we needed.. and wonder why they are saying draft something else

for example people are saying reggie bush ..reggie bush, yet what people think of needs is OL ..well why draft RB if we need OL.. why not trade down gain some picks and work on the OL (that is if we didn't pick one up from FA)
Because the value of the O-line picks in the draft are not strong enough for one overall and you don't draft for need alone that high in the draft.(Impact is what you want their.) This debate translates well to fantasy football. Say you have a starter at QB,RB, and WR, and your league requires a Kicker. You need a Kicker , but this early in the draft the Best kicker is still not as solid as the second RB or a back-up QB.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read