Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2006   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Interesting Reggie Bush stat

From Peter King:

"Reggie Bush Stat of the Day That Bob McNair and Charley Casserly Do Not Want to Hear: In 39 college games, Bush carried the ball more than 20 times only twice."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
From Peter King:

"Reggie Bush Stat of the Day That Bob McNair and Charley Casserly Do Not Want to Hear: In 39 college games, Bush carried the ball more than 20 times only twice."
Why wouldn't they want to hear it? I think they already know this. Quick, give me five running backs who average more than 20 carries in a game in the NFL?
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Well what people are going to argue is that most backs in the NFL don't even carry the ball 20 times (anymore)....with that being said, I'd take Vince over him for the simple fact that he will have the ball in his hands every single snap.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

thats been a known stat since before we had the #1 pick.

He only gets 15 carries a game or so. He touches the ball more with the dump off passes.

He would be one half of a dual threat with him and DD sharing carries. Each getting about 15 a game. Would keep both of them fresh and solve the durability issues DD has been having.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #5
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
He would be one half of a dual threat with him and DD sharing carries. Each getting about 15 a game. Would keep both of them fresh and solve the durability issues DD has been having.
And you want to build the team around that? You must be dreaming.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

How many games did Domanick Davis carry the ball 20 times in college?

Most already agree that he won't be a 20 carry back. What he will be is a 25 touch back. He will get some plays at wide out and in the slot and possibly punt returns in addition to being a running back.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #7
Bongo59
Veteran

Bush and McNair would be dynamite...................I think you guys should do whatever it takes to put the heat on bob Mcnair to take VY..............
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr
Why wouldn't they want to hear it? I think they already know this. Quick, give me five running backs who average more than 20 carries in a game in the NFL?
Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, Clinton Portis, LaDanian Tomlinson, Rudi Johnson, Larry Johnson, Thomas Jones, Domanick Davis, Cadillac Williams, and Willis McGahee...
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Wordem
Veteran

This compared to a freak of nature and talent who will touch the ball every down. This is not a difficult decision. It's easy. VY is the pick. Easy.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
Bongo59
Veteran

I am floored that you guys really want to give up RBush.............but man am I happy to hear it......................
Old 01-09-2006   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

hmm.. no I dont want to build a team around that. I want to give my team that luxury. Im not arguing that we should build our team around anyone. We just need to add useful talent to our team and keep getting better.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
From Peter King:

ahhhhh, but it's what he could do with that 20 times that might be magic.
Old 01-09-2006   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Magic? Seriously? hall of fame....magic.....gale sayers.....legacy...dynasty

All of the hyperbole is making my stomach churn

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #14
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
want another stat................look at RBush yds per attempt...................then come back and talk to me...............and then compare his yds per attempt to any other RB in history..............then come back and talk this silliness about a QB named VY........................
Old 01-09-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59
want another stat................look at RBush yds per attempt...................then come back and talk to me...............and then compare his yds per attempt to any other RB in history..............then come back and talk this silliness about a QB named VY........................
You want him on the titans? freaking take him. Enjoy your bust running back and your old quarterback. I'll take young any day.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 01-09-2006   #16
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
You want him on the titans? freaking take him. Enjoy your bust running back and your old quarterback. I'll take young any day.
Dude i will come to Houston and Kiss Bob McNairs hind quarters on the 50 yd line of Reliant if you pass on Bush..............and I am not lying.
Old 01-09-2006   #17
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59
Dude i will come to Houston and Kiss Bob McNairs **** on the 50 yd line of Reliant if you pass on Bush..............and I am not lying.
i hope you get your wish? and if he was taht good, new orleans would take him before you got a chance

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 01-09-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
Magic? Seriously? hall of fame....magic.....gale sayers.....legacy...dynasty

All of the hyperbole is making my stomach churn
Please note the "might" in my previous statement.

I'm not on anyone's bandwagon, to be honest. I see great potential in both Bush and Young.

By all accounts, and this goes from talking heads to proven NFL analysts and scouts, Bush is the REAL DEAL. So please don't belittle him because you're high on Young.

There is room for both of them to be great someday.
Old 01-09-2006   #19
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Bush actually carried the ball more than Lendale White did this year. It was only 3 more carries (200 vs. 197, 3042yds combined), so you could say that the two split the carries. Either way, that's a pretty potent 1-2 punch.

King should also note that those two games where Bush got 20+ carries, he went nuts.

Fresno St. - 23 Carries 294 yards
UCLA - 24 Carries 260 Yards

He had another game where he had 20 carries for a pathetic 122 yards (sarcasm) against Oregon.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Please note the "might" in my previous statement.

I'm not on anyone's bandwagon, to be honest. I see great potential in both Bush and Young.

By all accounts, and this goes from talking heads to proven NFL analysts and scouts, Bush is the REAL DEAL. So please don't belittle him because you're high on Young.
There is room for both of them to be great someday.

unfair analysis. Know who your talking to. I was down on bush when i was in the dbrick camp. There is room for both to be great. I just dont think one will be. Have always thought this. I trust me more than i trust talking heads.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read