Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2006   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default You guys want to see somthing Interesting?

I posted a Poll on this forum about 3 weeks ago as to whom you would rather see us take in the Draft , this was before the Rose Bowl the vote was way more for one than the other now it seems after 1 game alot of you have flip flopped , have a look ( by the way I voted with the majority )

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=15741
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

shhhhhhh.. quick..hide this. Dont you know that everyone wanted Vince Young before but they didnt say anything cause he wasnt coming out?

:P the hype machine owns your soul
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually avoided that poll, because at the time i was in the "trade down camp for dbrick"

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
I posted a Poll on this forum about 3 weeks ago as to whom you would rather see us take in the Draft , this was before the Rose Bowl the vote was way more for one than the other now it seems after 1 game alot of you have flip flopped , have a look ( by the way I voted with the majority )

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=15741
That's pretty funny, actually.

A 25 to 6 ratio at the time...
Old 01-09-2006   #5
Bongo59
Veteran

I am shocked how one game changed you guys.............really shocked.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #6
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

all this young crap is exausting me. If the fans keep acting like this with such things as boycotts for not picking young, we will not have a franchise here for very long. Then after that, everyone in Houston will be crying because they want a football franchise.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

well apparently no one in Houston will care if we dont have a franchise. If we dont take Young..no one in Houston is going to support the team anymore. They would no longer be worthy of the fanbase.. or some other such nonsense.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
That's pretty funny, actually.

A 25 to 6 ratio at the time...
I think it's funnier than hell.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
well apparently no one in Houston will care if we dont have a franchise. If we dont take Young..no one in Houston is going to support the team anymore. They would no longer be worthy of the fanbase.. or some other such nonsense.
well...there'll be a few of us left...even if we don't *gasp!* draft Young. Might have to change my name and move and all...but hey, the NFL is worth it.

As exciting as this off-season is becoming, it does bog down with exhaustion. However, I've got a feeling (just a hunch now, no insider info) that Mr. McNair already knows who we are drafting, and it's only a matter of time before he reveals his cards and re-signs Carr to that extension.
Old 01-09-2006   #10
CyberTexan
Veteran

I know this Poll wont change the Die hard Young lovers minds but i just wanted you to see how we are baseing our opinions on one game and dont say you didnt know Young was coming out in the draft , most of you had your mind made up right after that Texas game , dont get me wrong I would love to see Young as a Texan but Bush is the safest pick on th board
Old 01-09-2006   #11
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I think it quite hilarious that you think a vote of only 31 people is even worth mentioning. I didn't vote in that poll, and with several thousand people registered on this site, it looks like the majority chose not to vote. Personally, I didn't vote because I didn't think there was any way Young would come out, and I didn't want Bush at all. I personally don't like the Longhorns, and never have, but Young is a freak of nature. I believe Young will be an all-pro and Bush will never even come close. So, I think this whole thread is a joke.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #12
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
shhhhhhh.. quick..hide this. Dont you know that everyone wanted Vince Young before but they didnt say anything cause he wasnt coming out?

:P the hype machine owns your soul
LOL, you got that right man.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #13
LoneStarState
Veteran

And how many new "Texans" fans have been trolling the site since the Rose Bowl? Not that people can't join the message boards - just pointing out that a lot of the VY loyalists are "January 2006" members on the boards. Where were they before the Rose Bowl?
Old 01-09-2006   #14
real

What if no one expected him to come out so they just voted Bush...?
Old 01-09-2006   #15
CyberTexan
Veteran

doesnt matter if it was 31 people who voted or 1,000 the results would have been the same the majority would have been for Bush that was the buzz on the board back then , so your reply that the post is a joke is your own opinion , I was merely showing what a difference a game makes
Old 01-09-2006   #16
CyberTexan
Veteran

like i said in the Poll , , I said IF BOTH where to decide to come out who would you pick
Old 01-09-2006   #17
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

the only thing interesting about that poll is the lack of attention/ votes it got. Wow, a whole whopping 31 votes out of 3847 members. Yeah, alot of interest in that poll for sure. Nothing like a 0.8% result, yeah the decimal point IS in the right place, which makes it even LESS than 1% of the current members actually responding. Wow, what a truly interesting representation of the ENTIRE MB mentality...............NOT.

as pointed out by others, at the time of the question it was SPECULATION, due to Young giving no inclination of whether he was going Pro or not.

Lets really go out on a limb and take a poll on whether an elephant would be as fat if it had wings and could fly, why don't we.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
doesnt matter if it was 31 people who voted or 1,000 the results would have been the same the majority would have been for Bush that was the buzz on the board back then , so your reply that the post is a joke is your own opinion , I was merely showing what a difference a game makes
I don't agree with that, because It was definite that reggie was coming out, and there was a lot of skepticism about young...Had some of us known young were to be coming out maybe they would have voted differently or, like my self...would have voted at all
Old 01-09-2006   #19
CyberTexan
Veteran

ok again the poll said IF both where to come out in the draft " IF " and the ones complaining about there not being enough votes are obviously among the ones that have flipped sense then , besides I expected die hard Young suporters not to like the results and find somthing wrong
Old 01-09-2006   #20
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't even bother to vote for your poll, so, so sorry, but unable to accommodate your 'flip flop' criteria. I am not a 'die hard Vince Young fan' either. I have actually seen him play in one game this year, the Rose Bowl. So, so sorry, but unable to fit that criteria either.

Like I said, I was interested in your poll alright. I was truly interested in how many people were NOT interested enough to even vote in it, yet all of a sudden you use to it to represent the entire MB voting for Bush.

Get real.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read