Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2006   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Avoiding Texans now should be Young's No. 1 concern [article]

Quote:
Avoiding Texans now should be Young's No. 1 concern

DALLAS - It was like living a dream, Vince Young said of playing for the national title. It is not over yet, what with all the opportunities that befit Young's new status - the greatest player in bowl championship history - still being thrown at his feet.

But if Young becomes the first player taken in April's NFL draft, which he declared for Sunday afternoon, his next stop up the athletic ladder could be like living a nightmare: quarterback of the dreadful Houston Texans.
Rest of article

It's interesting to see how the rest of the country perceives us.
Old 01-09-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Rest of article

yes, but what is worse is to see how some of our own fans perceive us.
Old 01-09-2006   #3
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Rest of article

what would you expect from someone from dallas?
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
yes, but what is worse is to see how some of our own fans perceive us.
Sadly, this is true. Hearing "fans" planning to boycott the team if they don't pick a certain player is a sad chapter in H-town sports history. I'm done even trying to defend us any more, because it seems that perception does equal reality at times. For the most part, we are a fairweather sports city.
Old 01-09-2006   #5
Dennis007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
what would you expect from someone from dallas?
I agree. It's a Jerry Jones plot. The Cowboys want Vince!
Dennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #6
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I want for our team are a whole lotta W's.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #7
CyberTexan
Veteran

The Cowboys are one team that would want Carr
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Sadly, this is true. Hearing "fans" planning to boycott the team if they don't pick a certain player is a sad chapter in H-town sports history. I'm done even trying to defend us any more, because it seems that perception does equal reality at times. For the most part, we are a fairweather sports city.
Which is exactly why McNair will wise up and take VY. Houston fans voice their displeasure by not showing up in rough times, escecially if they feel like they have been wronged. Vince as an Oiler is the ultimate insult. No way he plays for a division rival that used to play in Houston. Public outcry (which has already started) would be brutal.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Bongo59
Veteran

this whole thing is an exact duplicate of why Charlie Rogers got picked...............and that bombed.................and before you say Rogers is not VY most players play poorly in front of their hometown fans...............I hope you guys take him because Bush will be an every down back for 15 yrs...............
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

its sad.. its pathetic.. it has made me wonder if I could ever stop being a Texans fan.. not because I dont love the team.. but because I cant stand being associated with the fanbase.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #11
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59
Bush will be an every down back for 15 yrs...............
Laughable.
Old 01-09-2006   #12
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem
Laughable.
Dude I am banking on guys like you making Bob McNair think about taking VY.....................RBush is a no brainer..............only in Houston could you pass on RBush..............and trust me my boys over in Titan land are loving this...............
Old 01-09-2006   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

bleh.. honestly i dislike all the Young groupies as much as much or more than you Bongo.. but you cant tell me that there arent as many people on the Titans board wanting us to let Young slide to you, as there are hoping Bush slides to you.

Young to the Titans actually makes alot of sense.
Old 01-09-2006   #14
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
bleh.. honestly i dislike all the Young groupies as much as much or more than you Bongo.. but you cant tell me that there arent as many people on the Titans board wanting us to let Young slide to you, as there are hoping Bush slides to you.

Young to the Titans actually makes alot of sense.
Grid................go right now to titanscentral.net and make a poll VY vs Bush and let it go 48 hrs..................I'll guarrantee you Bush wins and it wont be close.
Old 01-09-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

if the Titans have a better fanbase than us I am so gonna cry
Old 01-09-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59
Dude I am banking on guys like you making Bob McNair think about taking VY.....................RBush is a no brainer..............only in Houston could you pass on RBush..............and trust me my boys over in Titan land are loving this...............

If ONLY IN HOUSTON could we pass on him, then he aint getting past new orleans

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #17
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its sad.. its pathetic.. it has made me wonder if I could ever stop being a Texans fan.. not because I dont love the team.. but because I cant stand being associated with the fanbase.
Post of the decade.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #18
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
dont bother i just did it...................go check it on Thursday.
Old 01-09-2006   #19
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
The Titans will have just as many fans in Reliant when they come to town as the Texans if they wind up with Vince Young. In fact, I would expect to see a large number of VY Oiler-blue jerseys in the stands.
Old 01-09-2006   #20
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
If ONLY IN HOUSTON could we pass on him, then he aint getting past new orleans
They have no QB in NO.............................Brooks and Bouman are being shown the door.....................they will pick a QB no doubt...............If you guys let Bush GO he'll be a Titan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read