Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-09-2006   #1
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08
Default Bush at Houston, Young in New Orleans

You guys say that if Houston picks Bush, without a doubt....Young is going to Tennessee. Ummm....don't know if you forgot but N.O. has the #2 pick. What makes you folks think the Saints won't draft 'em? Personally....I wouldn't trust N.O. in not picking him and instead taking Leinart. I mean...if Young is god......why would N.O. pass him up? Young is the no-brainer #1 overall player right.......so then that would make Houston one stupid ball club, in your opinion.....but N.O. even more RETARDED since they too pass up on him.

Now....let me paint this in a different manner. Say the Titans have the #1 overal, hypothetically....of course. Bare with me now. Say they are torn....just like we are and undecided on taking either Young or Bush as well. Titans have #1, N.O. have #2, Houston has #3. Saying also that the Titans have the same problems at QB as Houston does....which they don't....but...for the sake of discussion. Now....let's say that the Titans really look like they are going to draft Reggie Bush.....all signs point to that. WOULD YOU........HOUSTON FANS...........WOULD YOU TRUST IN NEW ORLEANS NOT SNATCHING YOUNG FROM YOU? Sure most analyst have Leinart going to them.....but do you really trust New Orleans to keep their paws off of him? Why would you expect for the Titans fans to? Why would N.O. HAVE to take Leinart? Afterall.....nobody is even talking about this........like it's beyond the realm of possibility.......which is so strange to me.

One team to pass up the mighty god, Young, is a stroke of luck........but for two to do it? Tennessee would be the luckiest ball club in sports history in you pro-Young Houston fans' opinions. I know anything possible.....just thought I'd entertain this possibility with you guys for a moment.

Last edited by SBTexans08; 01-09-2006 at 03:48 PM.
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a fun Mock which has NO trading with Dallas and the Cowboys
selecting VY. Its from the Redskins website.
http://www.hailredskins.com/Draft/AkhMock.htm
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Here's a fun Mock which has NO trading with Dallas and the Cowboys
selecting VY. Its from the Redskins website.
http://www.hailredskins.com/Draft/AkhMock.htm

That would make for an interesting Texans Draft Party.

Noooooo noooo a million times noooooo oooooooo oooooooooooo ooooooooooo ooooooooo etc to nausea and slow painful death.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
texansfan1974
Veteran

How bout this Texans trade from 1st to 3rd let the Titians pick Young #1. Saints take Matt #2 and we pick Reggie #3. It saves us money and gives us a extra 1st round pick next season. ( HEY IT COULD HAPPEN )
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #5
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan1974
How bout this Texans trade from 1st to 3rd let the Titians pick Young #1. Saints take Matt #2 and we pick Reggie #3. It saves us money and gives us a extra 1st round pick next season. ( HEY IT COULD HAPPEN )

Only problem is that CC said we would not draft a QB...Dude need to shut up and do a better job in the 2nd and 3rd rounds
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

being that I'm a Cowboys fan also (sorry, but I am) I wouldn't mind to see Vince in the silver and white.....but I'd rather have him here in Houston.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #7
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream
being that I'm a Cowboys fan also (sorry, but I am) I wouldn't mind to see Vince in the silver and white.....but I'd rather have him here in Houston.
I am sorry for you...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
Xman
Veteran

If VY excels in workouts and becomes a clear choice over Leinert - then we could try to force NO or Tennessee into making a deal.

Safest deal: Swap pick with NO (give them back their 3rd for their 2nd AND they promise not to take Bush; or just make them give us a pick to promise not to take VY).

Risky Deal: (assuming NO won't deal), then we could draft VY at #1, then trade him to Tennessee for Bush and other picks. Of course, if NO takes Bush, then we would be stuck with VY or trading down again (Leinert for #9 and RWilliams or Jets/Raiders/AZ for multiple picks). The drawback to this plan is that hindsight could make the gm look foolish in a number of ways (is we trade VY and he become awesome, if we miss out on Bush and he becomes awesome, combined with us blowing whatever picks we get in the deal).
If it worked and we got Bush at #3, then we would save a lot of cash (since he is a lower pick) and the picks would speed up our rebuild.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
You guys say that if Houston picks Bush, without a doubt....Young is going to Tennessee. Ummm....don't know if you forgot but N.O. has the #2 pick. What makes you folks think the Saints won't draft 'em? Personally....I wouldn't trust N.O. in not picking him and instead taking Leinart. I mean...if Young is god......why would N.O. pass him up? Young is the no-brainer #1 overall player right.......so then that would make Houston one stupid ball club, in your opinion.....but N.O. even more RETARDED since they too pass up on him.

Now....let me paint this in a different manner. Say the Titans have the #1 overal, hypothetically....of course. Bare with me now. Say they are torn....just like we are and undecided on taking either Young or Bush as well. Titans have #1, N.O. have #2, Houston has #3. Saying also that the Titans have the same problems at QB as Houston does....which they don't....but...for the sake of discussion. Now....let's say that the Titans really look like they are going to draft Reggie Bush.....all signs point to that. WOULD YOU........HOUSTON FANS...........WOULD YOU TRUST IN NEW ORLEANS NOT SNATCHING YOUNG FROM YOU? Sure most analyst have Leinart going to them.....but do you really trust New Orleans to keep their paws off of him? Why would you expect for the Titans fans to? Why would N.O. HAVE to take Leinart? Afterall.....nobody is even talking about this........like it's beyond the realm of possibility.......which is so strange to me.

One team to pass up the mighty god, Young, is a stroke of luck........but for two to do it? Tennessee would be the luckiest ball club in sports history in you pro-Young Houston fans' opinions. I know anything possible.....just thought I'd entertain this possibility with you guys for a moment.
I'm simply hoping that if I ignore that possibility that it will go away. New Orleans is one of the last places I'd like to see Vince.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

If it was between New Orleans and Tennessee where would you want him to go?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #11
Xman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Offensive Coordinator at Rice
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I would love to see Vince in Dallas. I don't mind VY anywhere...he can go where ever...JUST NOT TENNESSEE! I don't hate any NFL team, except the sorry *** Titans.
Old 01-09-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Tennessee ... no question about it.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #14
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
New Orleans, I'd like to see hell freeze over before I saw VY in Tenn.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #15
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Zach Hilton.

New Orleans really doesn't sound as bad as some people are trying to make out to be, especially not on the offense side of the ball.

Anyway, I hope we take Matt Leinart. He's ready to step in and play right now, and we definately don't have time to wait for Vince to sit and develop. Plus with former Oklahoma Sooner stud tackle Jamaal Brown anchoring the RT position, we don't have to worry about having a stud left tackle with Leinart because Leinart is a left hander, which means Jamaal would be blocking his blindside.

Saints 4 Leinart in '06!
Old 01-09-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think the Saints taking Leinart vs. Young completely depends on the coach they have and if they want a less-mobile, much more accurate QB to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to their speedy receivers and likely make more of an immediate impact, or go with the more-mobile QB that is going to take some work and a decent amount of time to get him ready to be a good NFL QB. The general consensus around the NFL is that Leinart is definitely the more-NFL-ready QB and at this moment is the better pick, but again it all comes down to the new head coach's preference.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I think the Saints taking Leinart vs. Young completely depends on the coach they have and if they want a less-mobile, much more accurate QB to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to their speedy receivers and likely make more of an immediate impact, or go with the more-mobile QB that is going to take some work and a decent amount of time to get him ready to be a good NFL QB. The general consensus around the NFL is that Leinart is definitely the more-NFL-ready QB and at this moment is the better pick, but again it all comes down to the new head coach's preference.
Combine & personal tryouts will have a LOT to do with it also. IMO, I think the Aints go Vince if he's there.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #18
Tejaspro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08

I agree. I believe the choice is Bush. It's the safer choice. Vince Young is riskier. Who knows? He may turn out to be as good as sliced bread. But Bush is an impact player.... right now. He is more the prototype super star running back. Vince Young's game is not as much a sure thing on the pro level. He won't be running through and around college players. When the bigger, faster pro players hit him, he may not be a durable. Personally, I would like both of them to do well. I would prefer Young do well in New Orleans, however. But I would root for whoever the Texans draft.
Tejaspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Thats sounds good also Leinert said he wouldnt play fo N.O.!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006   #20
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM
Thats sounds good also Leinert said he wouldnt play fo N.O.!
Quote:
One concern the Saints don't have, at least from the viewpoint of Leinart's agent, Leigh Steinberg, is Leinart trying to avoid being taken by a franchise whose future beyond 2006 is in doubt, much as Eli Manning did with the San Diego Chargers in 2004 when he, in effect, forced a trade to the Giants.

That's not going to happen with Matt Leinart," Steinberg said. "New Orleans is a classic city with a wonderful heritage, which I am sure will rebuild.

"What we know of Sean Payton is very positive, and the Saints are a team with some pretty terrific offensive weapons. If New Orleans is interested in Matt, then I am sure Matt will be interested in them."

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index...3846115780.xml
Some people on this board really need to stop pulling crap out of their rear ends when speaking about the Saints situation.

It makes you look so uninformed and ignorant.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read