Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2006   #1
texansfaninla
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 texansfaninla has been demoted to the practice squad
Default ESPN: Kubiak could hire Texas QB coach

This comes from Len Pasquarelli's Morning After on espn.com:

"If he lands the Houston head coach job, Gary Kubiak may attempt to hire current Cleveland offensive line coach Jeff Davidson as his offensive coordinator. And he might also consider University of Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis for the position of quarterbacks coach."

Just thought it was interesting. (If it's already been posted, my bad.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...page=morning18
texansfaninla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
ImSoTexas
Rookie

Nooooooo! Greg Davis has no place on this team
ImSoTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I had heard Shanahan ok'd him to take some of their coaches with to the Texans, including the OLine coach, I think the WR coach, and I don't remember exactly who else, so those would be options for position/coordinator coaches too.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

No, good post. I found this article that says something similar...

LINK

The Texans seem to be moving toward hiring Gary Kubiak as head coach and Jerry Gray as defensive coordinator. There are whispers Texas assistant Greg Davis will come in some capacity.
Old 01-09-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
No, good post. I found this article that says something similar...

LINK

The Texans seem to be moving toward hiring Gary Kubiak as head coach and Jerry Gray as defensive coordinator. There are whispers Texas assistant Greg Davis will come in some capacity.
Would Jerry Gray switch teams just to stay as a coordinator?
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
University of Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis for the position of quarterbacks coach
that should be good news for you Vince Young supporters.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #7
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Excellent news.

This team will be rebuilt around Vince Young. Mark it down.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
LCOOL
Rookie

Question Greg Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
If they bring in Greg davis does this mean the Texans will lean towards VY?
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Would Jerry Gray switch teams just to stay as a coordinator?
I don't think the NFL will allow it unless he is fired.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno if they would lean toward him but there would be one big supporter of him in our coaching ranks i imagine...so its possible that, even if they dont necessarily want young right now, it increases the chances that they could be talked into it. Especially if Bush doesnt declare.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Please, no Greg Davis.
Old 01-09-2006   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Bush is declaring tomorrow at a press conference
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoTexas
Nooooooo! Greg Davis has no place on this team
The only O Co-ordinator on the planet worse than Pendry. What does he know about coaching an NFL quarterback. I doubt he contributed much to Young.
Guess if you are going to screw up the team by bringing in Young you might as well make it complete and bring in Davis. You think it hurts to watch the Texans now, it would be worse. I couldn't watch.
Then again, I can survive without pro football. I'd still have my Irish.

Old 01-09-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny how all this comes about now after repeatedly saying we are going for Reggie Bush and Vince Young declares so fast.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

UT needs to make a statue of Greg Davis that says "To the flats."

I've never seen anyone call more flat passes than that guy.
Old 01-09-2006   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Please, no Greg Davis.
I thought this last year because Greg Davis was basically a Chris Palmer clone but Vince mentioned that they basically run the same offense as the Indy Colts. Don't we want that?? Besides I don't think Davis would have full hold on the offense. I am sure Kubiak would have more say and be more willing to overrule.
Old 01-09-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Bush is declaring tomorrow at a press conference
Bush is announcing his decision tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I thought this last year because Greg Davis was basically a Chris Palmer clone but Vince mentioned that they basically run the same offense as the Indy Colts. Don't we want that?? Besides I don't think Davis would have full hold on the offense. I am sure Kubiak would have more say and be more willing to overrule.
Just like Shanahan has over Kubiak now...
Old 01-09-2006   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Exactly. This will still be Kubiak's team and if he sees something else, he will call it.
Old 01-09-2006   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Bush is announcing his decision tomorrow.
If his agent told Bob Glauber that he will be announcing his decision. I don't think that he is coming back to USC.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read