Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-09-2006   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default What does a BUST do to this team?

Regardless of WHO we pick with the #1 or #whatever pick.

What does a BAD pick or one that just doesn't pan out do to the psyche of this team and what are its ramifications?
Old 01-09-2006   #2
Wordem
Veteran

Bust with VY, Texans are forgiven.

Bust with Reggie, Texans are playing somewhere else.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem

Bust with Young likely means McNair listened to the fans rather than his knowledgeable advisors and what was best for the team = Texans beat the Saints out for the team that gets to move to LA.

Bust with Bush means McNair and his cohorts genuinely thought this playmaker would help the team the most and they were wrong, and seeing as how he does have the highest potential to be an impact player (especially immediately) = 60% of the nation is wrong in addition to McNair.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Doesn't matter who the #1 pick is, if they are a bust Casserly will get fired.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #5
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Bust with Young likely means McNair listened to the fans rather than his knowledgeable advisors and what was best for the team = Texans beat the Saints out for the team that gets to move to LA.

Bust with Bush means McNair and his cohorts genuinely thought this playmaker would help the team the most and they were wrong, and seeing as how he does have the highest potential to be an impact player (especially immediately) = 60% of the nation is wrong in addition to McNair.
You are so wrong. So wrong.

Vince will play in Houston next year.
Old 01-09-2006   #6
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:

you guys are already giving Young an out if he doesn't perform well if drafted by Houston. lame.
Old 01-09-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
You are so wrong. So wrong.

Vince will play in Houston next year.
Indeed he will be in uniform here next year when the Titans come to town, but I doubt he starts over Steve McNair for that game.
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 130554 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
you guys are already giving Young an out if he doesn't perform well if drafted by Houston. lame.
"you guys" is just the comments of one guy.

Carr gets half a decade but Young doesn't get a year....that's what I will see out of the Carr crush segment.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

my bad--but i didn't see anybody disagree with him.
Old 01-09-2006   #10
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Indeed he will be in uniform here next year when the Titans come to town, but I doubt he starts over Steve McNair for that game.
If we don't take Young, we'll always be second fiddle to the Cowboys. Only Vince can change that.
Old 01-09-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we don't take Young, we'll always be second fiddle to the Cowboys. Only Vince can change that.
Yes, only Vince Young can save our team...
Old 01-09-2006   #12
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well there's plenty of room on the Cowboys bandwagon, hope you enjoy it after we don't draft Vince.
Old 01-09-2006   #13
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Yes, only Vince Young can save our team...
With the sorry history of this franchise thus far, they have no choice. This was the playoff year, remember?
Old 01-09-2006   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
With the sorry history of this franchise thus far, they have no choice. This was the playoff year, remember?
Our team has played only 4 seasons. How well are our #1 draft picks from 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001 doing for us? Oh that is right we don't have any. We have been an expansion team.

We are not the Saints, Cardinals, or the Bengals yet. Come on.
We don't have much of a history yet.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well there's plenty of room on the Cowboys bandwagon, hope you enjoy it after we don't draft Vince.
nope...i'll still be here wearing my steel blue andre jersey......not particularly moaning or whining...just gearing up for next season....just dont light up the board with hate mongering if we do happen to draft vince

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #16
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
nope...i'll still be here wearing my steel blue andre jersey......not particularly moaning or whining...just gearing up for next season....just dont light up the board with hate mongering if we do happen to draft vince
I am 100% sure we won't draft Vince, but if something radical changes and we do, then I'll probably be one of the first in line to welcome him in here, buy his jersey and try to get it autographed. I don't think it would be anywhere near the best move for the team but if that's what they decide to do then I'll accept it, I have just been getting a little perturbed with some of the posts about "Vince is the only way to save the team" etc. etc., but I will support the Texans whichever path they take.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read