Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-09-2006   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Monday News--john Mclain On 610

I know people aren't huge McLain fans all the time but I'm just reporting what was said this morning as I drove into work on 610. 1) Kubiak is the man and he is heading there for 6 days to do pieces on him and his assistants. All of the other interviews are formalities. He interviewed well and even brought broke down tape. 2) ESPN has been wrong twice. Mort was wrong saying we are trying to buy out Jeff Fischer and Pasquerelli is wrong that we are trying to trade players for another pick. 3) In his opinion we will take VY because they will burn down the stadium if he isn't taken. His take is this. Kubiak is great with QBs. We pull a Carson Palmer and keep Carr for a year. If Carr does well, his trade value will be at its highest and we can get a pick for him. Then you play Young. It is too big of a cap hit if you just get rid of Carr. Lance argues that it makes no sense because you have noone to show for the draft by sitting him but McClain said it is the smart move. He said come draft time Young will be scouted more and will be the pick because many scouts didn't think he would come out until that game. 4) The funniest thing ..and then I got to work..Alyse(sp?) Lanier--ex-mayors wife..called in and said she would buy season tickets again if VY was picked. She said she was watching the Casserly thing last night and couldn't believe her ears when Casserly said they have a QB and would not be looking at QBs. She acted like Casserly was a moron for even speaking. ....does anyone like that guy?He is pretty much an moron. At least he didn't say anything about Bush since he hasn't declared yet.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77470 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched the show last night, and Casserly indeed said they will be exercising Carr's option. But . . . but when Bob Allen asked him if it would be the 3-year option, I really couldn't understand Charley's answer.

Anyone?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I watched the show last night, and Casserly indeed said they will be exercising Carr's option. But . . . but when Bob Allen asked him if it would be the 3-year option, I really couldn't understand Charley's answer.

Anyone?
Didn't they cut away right after that? I don't think Casserly answered him. I thought he was still answering the previous question when the interviewer talked over him.
Old 01-09-2006   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Anyone?
I didn't see it and that is why I was just repeating the talk this morning. It may be a smoke screen but I'd be more comfortible with Charlie keeping his mouth shut. Everytime I think of Charlie I think of the Charlie in the Box on the Land of Misfit Toys on the Rudolph claymation.
Old 01-09-2006   #5
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
Lanier--ex-mayors wife..called in and said she would buy season tickets again if VY was picked.
"And so it will be done." Who cares what Mrs. Lanier thinks...
Old 01-09-2006   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlueToro
True, but I found it funny that she wanted to call in to discuss Charlie. Man, some surly people this morning.
Old 01-09-2006   #7
abbest
Veteran

Quote:
Don`t underestimate the power of a woman.
abbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2006   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bob McNair should....she is just the tip of the iceberg. Casserly is making people hate this team.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #9
playoff year please
Veteran

Default This was moved to the tailgate area, so I will put it here too

Can someone start a list like what was done on the keep Carlos Beltran sign up sheet? I would love to see a way for all fans to vote for either Bush or Young and let the Texans see our results. I know we could have a poll here, but I think an outside deal like the Beltran deal would get alot more votes.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #10
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Bob McNair should....she is just the tip of the iceberg. Casserly is making people hate this team.
Maybe making you and some other VY loyalists hate this team - but not everyone. Next thing you know - you will be petitioning him to ditch the team colors for burnt orange and white. Where will it stop?
Old 01-09-2006   #11
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbest
Don`t underestimate the power of a woman.
I'm not... just saying that her opinion carries no more weight than anyone elses.
Old 01-09-2006   #12
LCOOL
Rookie

Default Interview

I saw the Casserly last night, and did you catch when Casserly was asked if he would trade down? I dont trust Casserly he would probably trade down, and make a horrible pick, like he did last year. I still think the Texans need a new GM, if Casserly has his way he would fumble the draft picks again.
LCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe making you and some other VY loyalists hate this team - but not everyone. Next thing you know - you will be petitioning him to ditch the team colors for burnt orange and white. Where will it stop?
two years down the road when our revamped o-line has proven to have been a sucessful stratagy and to have been worth the wait.

...Either that or at the front of KU!!
Old 01-09-2006   #14
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
two years down the road when our revamped o-line has proven to have been a sucessful stratagy and to have been worth the wait.

...Either that or at the front of KU!!
Yeah - that'll get everyone one more excited. "GIVE US 2 MORE YEARS AND WE'LL BE READY TO COMPETE!!!"

Old 01-09-2006   #15
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Anyone?
No actually, good question....would love to hear the answer too if anyone can recall. Who TiVo'd this?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

I don't see where if people talk about VY, they are automatically Texas homers. I didn't go there, obviously. I do think Bush is a the safe and smart pick but there a ton of people that think VY will be a freak in this league. He has stepped it up everywhere he has been and is a winner and leader. Howie Long and Bradshaw were saying the same yesterday. Some people have that "winner" skill and he is one of them. I think either guy would be good but I don't look at people who want VY as just UT fans.
Old 01-09-2006   #17
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 47631 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
Alyse(sp?) Lanier--ex-mayors wife..called in and said she would buy season tickets again if VY was picked. She said she was watching the Casserly thing last night and couldn't believe her ears when Casserly said they have a QB and would not be looking at QBs. She acted like Casserly was a moron for even speaking. ....does anyone like that guy?He is pretty much an moron. At least he didn't say anything about Bush since he hasn't declared yet.
Who cares what that woman thinks! She is married to the guy who let the Oilers pack up and move out of town. As far as I am concerned she can never watch another Houston football game again. That also goes for her gobbler kneck husband.

But I'm not bitter.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
No actually, good question....would love to hear the answer too if anyone can recall. Who TiVo'd this?
I'm pretty sure he said that it would be a 3 year deal.

You also have Bob McNair saying that they will draft the player who will help them immediately.

I'm sorry but that is not Vince Young. So you have the GM say that they are extending Carr's contract and that they will not draft a QB and you have the owner say that they are going to draft someone who will help them immediately. This is on top of all of the other reports saying that we will not draft Vince Young and that we will draft Reggie Bush.

Face reality, we aren't drafting Vince.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"...Don`t underestimate the power of a woman." -- abbest

...especially when she is a TEXAN!
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #20
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
I'm pretty sure he said that it would be a 3 year deal.

You also have Bob McNair saying that they will draft the player who will help them immediately.

I'm sorry but that is not Vince Young. So you have the GM say that they are extending Carr's contract and that they will not draft a QB and you have the owner say that they are going to draft someone who will help them immediately. This is on top of all of the other reports saying that we will not draft Vince Young and that we will draft Reggie Bush.

Face reality, we aren't drafting Vince.
Ditto!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read