Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cameron interviewed today

Quote:
HOUSTON (AP) -- San Diego offensive coordinator Cam Cameron said coach Marty Schottenheimer encouraged him to interview with the Houston Texans because of the respect he has for team owner Bob McNair.

"Marty Schottenheimer said, 'Cam, when it comes to winning in the National Football League it comes down to three things: the owner, the owner and the owner. There's an owner that you need to go talk to,"' Cameron said Sunday. "And that's why I'm here."

Cameron is the fourth offensive coordinator to interview for the job left vacant when Dom Capers was fired. McNair and consultant Dan Reeves also talked to Gary Kubiak of Denver, Miami's Scott Linehan and Al Saunders of Kansas City. The Texans also interviewed current receivers coach Kippy Brown and Buffalo defensive coordinator Jerry Gray.

Capers was fired Monday, a day after the Texans finished with an NFL and franchise-worst 2-14 record, which gave them the No. 1 pick in April's draft.

Cameron has ties to Houston general manager Charley Casserly, who was the general manager at Washington when he coached quarterbacks there from 1994-96.

"We had a positive experience in Washington and I have a tremendous amount of respect for Charley," Cameron said. "The one thing that I know is critical to not only our success as an organization but to my success as a head coach is the person that oversees the personnel. There's not any coach in this league that can overcome certain personnel deficiencies
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

here is the Texan's website briefing

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ne...php?PRKey=2336

if this was posted earlier sorry. I missed it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #2
flubber14
Rookie

I thought his comments were quite impressive. Sounds like a guy who gets it.
flubber14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

In Vinny's twisted little world Cam Cameron blew them away today with his new age NFL scheme that has Vince Young playing the role as Randle El in Cam's hybrid offense. Randle El was the first major College QB to rush and pass for 40 TD's when Cameron was his College coach. He can use Andre Johnson as he uses Antonio Gates and Vince Young will appear in a dual role as Vince Young. Davis and Morency can handle the RB spot no problem.

Cameron's little video segment on the front page was refreshing to hear....way better than Al Saunders who was incredibly hard to listen to. I felt like poking sharp sticks in my eyes after listening to Saunders blather on endlessly.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

He sounded like he was able to present his ideas and systems in an approiate manner that our front office liked. He was also not entirely boring, however his "the owner, the owner, and the owner" line really killed me.

Psst...Hoover! I think you've got a little brown on your nose.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read