Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-08-2006   #1
supertankman
Rookie

Default Everyone wants Vince, how bad does Vince wanna be here in Houston?

I wonder how upset Vince will be if he does not get selected by Houston? His home town. Damn, anyone else nervous about what the Texans decide to do in the draft?
supertankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

oh no nobody else is nervous about the draft. HAVE you been reading the board. Of course people are worried about the draft.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #3
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
oh no nobody else is nervous about the draft. HAVE you been reading the board. Of course people are worried about the draft.
LOL tankman did you just like skip everything to start your own thread, how do you miss what's on every other thread.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #4
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Vince will get over it if he is selected by the Titans. I won't get over it, but he'll be perfectly happy.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #5
Shaunny66
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to Shaunny66
Unhappy I want young to stay w/ Texas!!!

:brickwall Why Vince? Why?
Shaunny66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince might offer the Texans a home town discount
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Don't count on it.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2006   #8
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

How sad would it be if Vince ended up in New Orleans?

I can't help but think that some kind of gentleman's agreement was worked out before he declared, to ensure that he ends up in Houston, or Tennessee.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Benson is no gentleman so I wouldn't expect him to make such an agreement.
Old 01-08-2006   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
DisVincecount
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I'm sure once Vince signs his $40 million contract to play in Tennessee under Steve McNair for a year that he'll be just fine, and he'll even get to come home once a year to play here in Houston and his fans can don their VY jerseys and come out to Reliant and see him.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #12
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's why we would have a gentleman's agreement with Tennessee. In other words, they agree to give us some compensation for picking Young & trading his rights to them when the #3 pick comes up.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #13
CITY CAT
Veteran

Question

VY isn't dumb. He has to choose... either play QB for Tennessee, or WR for Houston. Position or location, what is more important?
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #14
wiley2002
Veteran

Personally, I see Vince going to either the Titans or the Saints. Both teams have a history with QBs with running ability. I don't know where I'd rather have him. With the Titans and play him twice a year for the rest of his career or with the Saints where we'd play him once every couple of years?
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #15
Afrokid
Rookie

not very upset. I dont think he really wants to go here in the first place (even though he is from Texas). I beileve he wants to be a Titan.
Afrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #16
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrokid
not very upset. I dont think he really wants to go here in the first place (even though he is from Texas). I beileve he wants to be a Titan.

That thought just makes me sick to my stomach.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #17
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
He'd love to play in Houston, and said so in his press conference.

He will be a Texan.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Wordem is pretty funny. His posts remind me a lot of Baghdad Bob during the initial invasion of Iraq.
Old 01-09-2006   #19
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Wordem is pretty funny. His posts remind me a lot of Baghdad Bob during the initial invasion of Iraq.
Except I'm right. Just watch. You don't not draft history.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #20
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Default What?

Quote:
If anybody saw how this dude talked about letting down Houston and the entire state of Texas for not winning the Heisman then they understand how much of a hometowner he really is. He wants to represent the Texans and be their first franchise/legendary player, don't let there be any mistake about it...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read