Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-08-2006   #1
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
New Orleans is not an attractive prospect right now, though. That's for sure.
Please, explain why it's not an attractive spot?
Old 01-08-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

uhhhhhhhhhhhh cause the city's destroyed, the team stinks, do I really need to go on?
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Please, explain why it's not an attractive spot?
Cheap owner, perennially underachieving team, no one knows where the team is going to move and when, and - to add on top of all that - Katrina.

If the Saints' free agents don't want to be there, why would draft prospects want to be?
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #4
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
uhhhhhhhhhhhh cause the city's destroyed
The city is being rebuilt, the Superdome is being rebuilt, hell they are already playing college basketball in New Orleans and the Hornets will be playing 3 games back there this season. I don't think you really know the conditions of the city, cause if it was that bad Taglibue would not let the Saints play in New Orleans next season.

Quote:
the team stinks
The Saints has way less holes than you think. But, I'll just let you live in your little delusional world on that one.

Quote:
do I really need to go on?
Not really, you should have never replied to me to begin with cause my question was never intended for you.
Old 01-08-2006   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

personal insults will get your posts deleted
Old 01-08-2006   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I apologize.....but he insulted me first, so I had to reply.
Old 01-08-2006   #7
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Cheap owner
This is gonna change, the Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis seems intent on turning this team into a winner. It was his decision to fire Haslett, and Tom Ben$son gave him full authority to turn this team around with no questions asked.

Quote:
perennially underachieving team
It seems the Saints aren't the only underachieving team, plus that will be changed next season with a better coach in place.

Quote:
no one knows where the team is going to move and when, and - to add on top of all that - Katrina.
Well right now, they are in Louisiana and the commissioner is giving the people of Louisiana a chance to show that they can still support the team. It's up to the fans to show that they can still support the team. As far as Katrina, well that's over.

Quote:
If the Saints' free agents don't want to be there, why would draft prospects want to be?
Please name the free agents that don't won't to be there. The only free agents I know that are leaving is Darren Howard. LeCharles will be franchised, and he also said in a interview with Kenny Wilkerson that he wants to play with the Saints.
Old 01-08-2006   #8
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Most people in N.O. (the ones that are still there) aren't concerned about sports (of any kind) right now.
Old 01-08-2006   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

It's going to change, it's going to change.....

When it does, I'm sure players will be interested in New Orleans again.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #10
LikeABoss
All Pro

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream
Most people in N.O. (the ones that are still there) aren't concerned about sports (of any kind) right now.
And you know this how????
Old 01-08-2006   #11
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Look no one wants to go to a team that might change cities and who's city is destroyed.......it will take a long time before that city is even close to normal again.
Old 01-08-2006   #12
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
It's going to change, it's going to change.....

When it does, I'm sure players will be interested in New Orleans again.
The organization is making step towards change, it's pretty obvious when they decided to let Haslett go. What else can be proven right now? The Saints will be interviewing head coaching candidates next week when they officially move back into their training facility.
Old 01-08-2006   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Look no one wants to go to a team that might change cities and who's city is destroyed.......it will take a long time before that city is even close to normal again.
Have you been to New Orleans recently?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #14
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
This is gonna change, the Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis seems intent on turning this team into a winner. It was his decision to fire Haslett, and Tom Ben$son gave him full authority to turn this team around with no questions asked.

It seems the Saints aren't the only underachieving team, plus that will be changed next season with a better coach in place.

Well right now, they are in Louisiana and the commissioner is giving the people of Louisiana a chance to show that they can still support the team. It's up to the fans to show that they can still support the team. As far as Katrina, well that's over.

Please name the free agents that don't won't to be there. The only free agents I know that are leaving is Darren Howard. LeCharles will be franchised, and he also said in a interview with Kenny Wilkerson that he wants to play with the Saints.
Do we really need to explain this any further? Look, don't take this wrong but you don't reside in N.O.. If your boss made you re-locate your family there right now I'm guessing you would not be dancing in the streets. Its unfortunate what happened there and nobody is questioning that the city is not rebuilding and things won't get better...N.O. will and they will be stronger for it! Its just not a place you want to start an NFL career at right now. Its like re-locating into a house that is undergoing a complete remodel...its confusing, loud, dusty, and hard to focus...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #15
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
And your opinion speaks for everyone?

Man, just stop, this doesn't need to continue any further.

Obviously, you really don't know the conditions of the city, other than the damage you seen on tv.
Old 01-08-2006   #16
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Have you been to New Orleans recently?

Yes, actually I have....I work at a real estate office and we always get people from N.O. coming in saying they want out of their city, because there's nothing to go back to, just because there are a few businesses opened in the French Quarter doesn't mean the city is back to normal.....I'm done arguing this point, because I think some people like to argue just for the sake of it.
Old 01-08-2006   #17
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAZE
Do we really need to explain this any further? Look, don't take this wrong but you don't reside in N.O.. If your boss made you re-locate your family there right now I'm guessing you would not be dancing in the streets. Its unfortunate what happened there and nobody is questioning that the city is not rebuilding and things won't get better...N.O. will and they will be stronger for it! Its just not a place you want to start an NFL career at right now. Its like re-locating into a house that is undergoing a complete remodel...its confusing, loud, dusty, and hard to focus...
You really don't know the conditions of the city other than what you saw on TV. Just ask yourself, if the commissioner has been to New Orleans, do you really think he would let one of his teams play in the city of New Orleans if things were that bad. I mean the commissioner is observing this whole thing.
Old 01-08-2006   #18
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
You really don't know the conditions of the city other than what you saw on TV. Just ask yourself, if the commissioner has been to New Orleans, do you really think he would let one of his teams play in the city of New Orleans if things were that bad. I mean the commissioner is observing this whole thing.
My job has me going there. Look, if Greyhound is having tours to take folks around to see damage then the city has a ways to go...but it will get there...
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #19
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Yes, actually I have....I work at a real estate office and we always get people from N.O. coming in saying they want out of their city
What affect does this really have on rather a team is playing their though?

The games are played in a stadium that is being repaired.
Old 01-08-2006   #20
The Dream
Hall of Fame

It's not fun playing in front of a empty stadium....N.O. has so many problems they need to be focusing on before their sports teams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read