Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

STOP treating these media rumors as FACT

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
From here on out until draft day, you're going to hear Chris Mortenson, Jay Glazer, John McClain, Snoopdog, and even the Three Stooges come out and say that they have "inside sources" that say the Texans are going to do this, or the Texans are going to do that.

When the fact is . . . they don't know jack. But the gullible will swallow these unsubstantiated rumors, hook, line, and sinker, and get themselves all in a lather, saying, "Oh My God! Why are they doing that", or "How could they do this"!

C'mon! I understand that you are pissed off, upset, and frustrated about the way things have gone with the team, but have a little more faith in Bob McNair, PLEASE? There is no truth to Mortenson's rumor that the Texans have made any decision whatsoever about who they are going to draft. They haven't even hired a head coach yet. Just like Glazer's rumor that they are only breaking down game tape on Bush. How could he possibly know this?

You know, I think I'll start a rumor tomorrow, that "inside sources within the Texans organization under the condition that they remain anonymous" have secretly confided in me that the Texans are going to trade down with the Jets, with the Jets getting the 1st pick, and the Texans getting the 4th pick, plus the Jets 1st and 2nd round pick in 2007.

Hey . . . works for me!:rolleyes: Definately not any worse than the HS that John McClain spreads around, right?

Seriously folks, PLEASE calm down?

I think we are messing with other teams minds. You say your gonna do one thing and then do the other. In the end you can screw up someones draft if you can make them believe you (trading picks for example).

tulexan

Hall of Fame
Face it, Bob Glauber, Chris Mortensen, Jay Glazer, Charley Casserly, and Michael Smith are all colluding to start a great lie that the Texans are going to draft Reggie Bush and that they like David Carr.

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
I think that everyone understands that we are commenting on rumors. When thinks happen along the journey and become fact, such as VY declaring, the innuendos change.

It is an exciting and gut wrenching time. Hopefully this will be the last off season that will be more exciting than the regular season.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Here it is only January. We got February, March, and half of April.

And you thought the regular season was long?

zeplin

Waterboy
We must Assume that everything we hear is pure BS. It is part of the act. Watch one hand while the other one pics the pocket.
I just hope Casserly has learned how to pick a pocket or two.:homer:

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
zeplin said:
We must Assume that everything we hear is pure BS. It is part of the act. Watch one hand while the other one pics the pocket.
I just hope Casserly has learned how to pick a pocket or two.:homer:
Nice Oliver refernce.

tsip

Veteran
Marcus said:
Here it is only January. We got February, March, and half of April.

And you thought the regular season was long?
...going to be especially long because everybody opens up a new thread about the same topic

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Agree with the original post. McClain refuted all the ESPN rumors today. I don't trust him either because he wants Young. Not that I have full trust in McNair since keeping Casserly but they will do the research.

mexican_texan

Furry Tractors
my best source tells me to not listen to ANYONE when saying who is going to draft who. The combine and private workouts are not next week.