Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-08-2006   #1
T_Guru
Rookie

Default Young to Declare Today per Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3573146.html

He'll have the same agent as McNair.

Quote:
Jan. 8, 2006, 10:07AM
Texas QB Vince Young to enter NFL draft

By JOSEPH DUARTE
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle
Texas junior quarterback Vince Young plans to enter the NFL draft and forgo his final year of college, a close family friend said today.

Young plans to make the announcement this afternoon at a press conference in Austin.

"He has the blessing of God, the pastor and his family," said Yolanda Lezine, Young's godmother and the family media's spokeswoman. "It's his decision. Everybody is going to support him a 110 percent."
T_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Vince Young is Mack Brown's best early departer since Kwame Cavil!

Just kidding.

Vince has made the right decision. Even Mack Brown can't disagree.

Still - I will be sad seeing him in that Titans jersey.

Thanks for the info.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #3
T_Guru
Rookie

Speaking of...this was done by someone over on the Titans' forum.

You guys are still getting the better player, IMO.
Old 01-08-2006   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

If he decides to come than good for him and I wish him the very best. I'm still not sure whether or not he should be a Houston Texans though...I've been a fan of his since his days at Madison and I've been to a couple of his games but I'm still not convinced that he can be a good passing QB in the NFL. But VY has those intangible qualities that makes an athlete great and he plays his best under pressure. And those are things this team can use and with the right coaching staff I think VY can become a very good passer. As per that report that the Texans will choose Bush even if VY is available is not true. John McClain said in today's Chronicle that it is premature to even decide who we're taking when we don't even have a head coach! Yeah there is a chance we might pass on him but it's not a done deal or anything like that. There is still a long time to go and someone's stock can rise and fall dramatically within the next month or so. Anyway, goodluck to Vince Young and hope he has a successful NFL career.
Old 01-08-2006   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

How come this thread is not flooded yet?! I guess most people are sleeping in late and they'll wake up to a very nice surprise..hehe.
Old 01-08-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

No surprise.

I think the Titans will end up with Bush in the end.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Why hasn't Reggie declared yet? I thought he would be the first to declare after the Rose Bowl.
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2006   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
No surprise.

I think the Titans will end up with Bush in the end.
Didnt they just sign Henry this offseason and they also have Chris Brown? Not that it means much, since we're all argueing over Bush, DD, Wells, and Morency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

I read on another message board that a local station (not sure if here or Austin - it's Channel 13 somewhere) advertised a Vince press conference around 3:00 pm.
Old 01-08-2006   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Guru
Speaking of...this was done by someone over on the Titans' forum.

You guys are still getting the better player, IMO.
I'm going to puke, that picture already made my stomach turn. There is no way I can watch that for the next decade.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Didnt they just sign Henry this offseason and they also have Chris Brown? Not that it means much, since we're all argueing over Bush, DD, Wells, and Morency.
I gather from Titanic fans that they aren't all that happy with either one.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were the NO owner, I would swipe up Young before the Titans did. He would get all of the UT fans, plus it would be more ammo for the move to San Antonio. We all talk about how Vince would put butts in the seat. Imagine what it would do for the Saints.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #13
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be a Titan. Thats why he is coming out. The Texans will draft Bush like they have said all along and the Titans will take Young at 3. Young will be able to be mentored by his "big brother" as he calls Steve McNair. We as Texan fans better get used to seeing that picture above.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
If I were the NO owner, I would swipe up Young before the Titans did. He would get all of the UT fans, plus it would be more ammo for the move to San Antonio. We all talk about how Vince would put butts in the seat. Imagine what it would do for the Saints.
#1. San Antonio will not get a team before LA.
#2. People may want to watch VY play on TV but they aren't going to drive to New Orleans to see just him play. Sure they would drive to see UT play there but not one player. (Maybe for a game or two but that is it.)
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Yeah San Antonio is not going to get a team. If the team fails in New Orleans, then they will be moved to LA. Which could be better for Vince because he owns LA when he plays there.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:

Too unbearable...just too unbearable...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #17
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I forsee a riot at Reliant ... Hence, my avatar. Just trade back and tell everyone to shut their cake-holes.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

that #10 sure looks familar
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #19
T_Guru
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
that #10 sure looks familar
OzTitan on the Titans forum did this one. He posted it in this thread:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...post?id=843327

Personally, I think it's too early to say anything about where he goes. A lot of stuff happens between now and April.
Old 01-08-2006   #20
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OzTitan on the Titans forum did this one. He posted it in this thread:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/p...post?id=843327

Personally, I think it's too early to say anything about where he goes. A lot of stuff happens between now and April.

I totally agree with you!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read