Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2006   #1
RedInAustin
waterboy

Default A word to the wise

Do not believe everything reported in the press - stories are planted for a variety of reasons.

Do not take at face value a statement made by an owner or GM as they may have reasons for making such statements that fans may not comprehend.

Everything may not be as it appears.

(I know I'm a new poster and you have no reason to believe what I have to say. Although I live in Austin I am not a Longhorn fan)

Carry on!
RedInAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

You're right. Especially when the team holds the #1 pick. Any statement made could be said to attract trade offers from other teams.

Of course, the Texans didn't do this the last time they had the #1 pick. They were set on their guy and they had a deal in place before the draft.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

One reason to take Mort's story yesterday with a grain of salt is because the Texans don't even have a freaking coaching staff yet, and yet ESPN "sources close to the team" KNOW who the Texans are going to take with their first pick? Riiiiiggght..
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

True, but if Kubiak is the head coach, which it looks like there is a good chance that he will be, the Vince Young talk is irrelevant because Kubiak loves David and believes that he can bring him to the next level.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #5
RedInAustin
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
True, but if Kubiak is the head coach, which it looks like there is a good chance that he will be, the Vince Young talk is irrelevant because Kubiak loves David and believes that he can bring him to the next level.
Someone is not paying attention. Ask yourself this, if Kubiak thinks he has a good chance of being named HC what other reason(s) might he have for making such positive comments about DC.
:brickwall
RedInAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

This isn't the only job opportunity that Kubiak has. If he does not agree with the way that the management wants to go, he could go to one of the several other teams that are interviewing him.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
This isn't the only job opportunity that Kubiak has. If he does not agree with the way that the management wants to go, he could go to one of the several other teams that are interviewing him.
But Kubiak REALLY wants to come home.

If I were a coaching candidate, I would say that I could make something out of David Carr. I think it's an important selling point.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2006   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak is the only canidate that sounded excited about being here. he said he wants THIS job and wanted it 4 years ago.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read