Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-07-2006   #1
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jags Getting Spanked!!!

Well if we can't do it, let New England be the one to do it.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

If it were anyone BUT New England, I'd be all over it. I just can't want that team win.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
If it were anyone BUT New England, I'd be all over it. I just can't want that team win.
Same here...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
The teams I hate the most are playng each other. The Patriots are like the rich kid that complains about anything and everybody loves. The Jaguars have a QB that looks like the kid in Fat Albert. Oh, and the Jaguars logo and unis stink.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats what i was just telling my buddy. Who do I cheer for in this game? On one hand I cant stand the Patriots, but on the other hand it is the Jaguars. I take solace that one of them(the Jags looks like now) will be gone in a few minutes.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Del Rio was complaining about how he couldnt communicate with Leftwich and wanted the league to look into it. LOL
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it me, or does Matt Jones not look fast at all? I know he's tall and has a long stride, but the earlier catch he made, after the run he got caught pretty quick.
Old 01-07-2006   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tom Brady throws a hissy fit every time he gets pressure or knocked down. The guy doesn't know how good he has it.
Old 01-07-2006   #9
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
Tom Brady throws a hissy fit every time he gets pressure or knocked down. The guy doesn't know how good he has it.
LOL, Carr and Brady were hit about the same amount of the times this season, not the same amount of sacks but about the same amount of hits.

Quote:
Upon further review

According to Stats Inc.:

Quarterback "Kerry Collins" has been knocked down an NFL-high 136 times, an average of 11.3 a game. "Aaron Brooks" (132) is second followed by "Eli Manning" (129), "David Carr "(117) and "Tom Brady" (111).
http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...d=2005_4024169
The report is from after game 12, I think...

So what were you saying about Tom Brady having it so good???

And Robert Gallery (1st rounder) and Jake Grove (2nd rounder) really make that Raiders line so good...and Gallery was clearly better than D'Brick coming out of college.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 01-07-2006   #10
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
So what were you saying about Tom Brady having it so good???
Do I hear sympathy for the Golden Boy?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #11
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Do I hear sympathy for the Golden Boy?
The way it was worded was for a sarcastic voice. If Brady has it so good than Carr must, too, but he'll say our line sucks.

I've always said the reason our line looks so bad is because Carr makes it look worse than it is.

Old 01-07-2006   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

I just find it funny when guys like Manning and Brady get all pissed off at their line. I guess you could say they are more spoiled. Yes, Brady has been hit a ton this yr. He has rookies on the left side of his line.

I must say he is a natural competitor/leader though. Game was wrapped up and he still wanted the 1st down. Carr probably would have smiled and ran off.

And YES, Carr makes the line worse.....no disputing that.
Old 01-07-2006   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
The Jaguars have a QB that looks like the kid in Fat Albert.
I would actually go with Gary Coleman
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read