Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Team Boycott - Who's With?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALIVE287

Practice Squad
Since the team has alledgley said according to ESPN.com that it will take Bush anyway instead of Houston born Vince Young, I say we all begin a petition, boycott, or some kind of Fire Casserly March (much like the Millen Man March of Detroit) on Reliant Park to let our voices heard.....This is not a UT thing, its a Houston thing. We're the HOUSTON TEXANS for crying out loud people! The franchise was on a 4 year plan. It hasn't worked from the start. From the Boselli decision to Capers to the Buchanan decision to Babin to Carr. Nobody has lived up to their part of the bargain. I say we keep Dunta, Dre, Norris, Mathis, DD, and Morency and start completely new. Casserly must go and someone needs to get McNair a clue cause this team has been a laughing stock. Vince is the next coming of Hakeem, Nolan, the Rocket, Earl, and other Houston greats. It's a sin pure and simple if we don't take one of our own after the greatest college performance ever and one of the most dominating college seasons ever (and yes, he deserved the Heisman, all the Reggie supporters WERE WRONG). Reggie can't run in between the tackles and he'll be exposed in the NFL. Let's take this team back before McNair sets us back another 4 years. Who's with? Vince Young or Bust. Cause if we don't take him then we really are the Houston Texans only in name.

Shouldnt this be on the UT board :P

Im a Texans fan.. I root for the hometown TEAM..not the hometown player.

Agreed, lets only draft and sign players from Houston. After all, if we don't, we would be lying to people about our name. I mean who are the Colts and the Jaguars fooling? They have a bunch of humans on their team, not Colts and Jaguars.

ALIVE287 said:
Since the team has alledgley said according to ESPN.com that it will take Bush anyway instead of Houston born Vince Young, I say we all begin a petition, boycott, or some kind of Fire Casserly March (much like the Millen Man March of Detroit) on Reliant Park to let our voices heard.....This is not a UT thing, its a Houston thing. We're the HOUSTON TEXANS for crying out loud people! The franchise was on a 4 year plan. It hasn't worked from the start. From the Boselli decision to Capers to the Buchanan decision to Babin to Carr. Nobody has lived up to their part of the bargain. I say we keep Dunta, Dre, Norris, Mathis, DD, and Morency and start completely new. Casserly must go and someone needs to get McNair a clue cause this team has been a laughing stock. Vince is the next coming of Hakeem, Nolan, the Rocket, Earl, and other Houston greats. It's a sin pure and simple if we don't take one of our own after the greatest college performance ever and one of the most dominating college seasons ever (and yes, he deserved the Heisman, all the Reggie supporters WERE WRONG). Reggie can't run in between the tackles and he'll be exposed in the NFL. Let's take this team back before McNair sets us back another 4 years. Who's with? Vince Young or Bust. Cause if we don't take him then we really are the Houston Texans only in name.

I am not even going to read this post, but if you really want to boycott have fun, see you on the bandwagon in the future. These posts are to the point of being funny, it's going to be a looooooooooooooong offseason...

ALIVE287 said:
Hakeem isn't a hometown boy. He is from Africa.

Houston fell in love with him in College because he was a winner. Just like Houston will fall in love with who ever makes us winners.

On an emotional level I want Vince Young. But I am not sold it is the logical decision.

Besides drafting Dre and Dunta, name any good decisions this franchise has made. Casserly should not have a job.

Domanick Davis :)

Firing the coaching staff

Hiring Kubiak (I hope)

Jerome Mathis

there are others but i gotta take the trash out :)

I will be absolutely heartbroken if the Texans don't take Young, but I'm not going to boycott them.

I do have a threshold, though. I left the Oilers when they traded Moon - the last straw when I already wasn't happy with them. So I'm not loyal to the end.

But for now, if we draft Bush, I will be sad, but I'll still be back in my nosebleed section next year. But I'm really starting to wonder if Casserly has something against Longhorns.

ALIVE287 said:
Besides drafting Dre and Dunta, name any good decisions this franchise has made. Casserly should not have a job.

to name them would be to validate your post ..... that in itself would be a bad decision

tulexan said:
Agreed, lets only draft and sign players from Houston. After all, if we don't, we would be lying to people about our name. I mean who are the Colts and the Jaguars fooling? They have a bunch of humans on their team, not Colts and Jaguars.

fantastic post

Hey Jerek, I'll sign YOUR petition. Are these people serious!!!! Give it a rest! There is light at the end of the tunnel with all the interviews, etc.etc.... and it feels good right now that it can be fixed. And to all the Carr haters, he will be here and doing great long after you all have gone on to some other team. You know what they say about the door........All fair weathers know where it is......

All of you have no answers. It's the blind leading the blind. The status quo is not working. We're gonna take Reggie. Still have no line. Carr will still suck. And it will be another 4 losing seasons. Thanks for coming out.

Grid said:
oops..hehe
CC is a joke period, and I felt that way before all the talk about RB and Vy, CC is going to probably spend all this energy on RB, and forgot about the rest of the draft, CC should have fired along with Capers!

tulexan said:

I could make a comment about the Browns, but I'll take the high road.

Like most people in the area, after the Rose Bowl, I was convinced that VY could be this franchise's savior. I was ready to send Carr on a bus to Dallas, and pre-order a #10 jersey.

But, as the hysteria fades away, and I think about it more, Bush really does seem to be the most logical choice for the franchise at this point.

Have I been disappointed in Carr's performance so far? Absolutely, he gets a lot of verbal abuse at my place on Sundays. But, I would LOVE to see him become the great QB analysts always claim he can be.

While it will suck to see Vince in a Titans jersey, I think the team's chances at success are much better with a Carr-Johnson-Bush-Davis offense. Led by Kubuiak. :D

You knew the cottboys would come calling. No boycott coming from this Texan. You will see senseless drivel, long dialogue, emotional diatribes concocted with facts, myths, prejudices, wants, needs and outright stupidity. But we are united by a common bond and that is our desire to have a playoff team. I hope I am wrong in every which way in how I think we need to amend our current situation if we begin to win. And I am sure most feel the same way.

This is what I thought would happen.

After the Rose Bowl there was a lot of emotion. People were going nuts and they should've after a great game. But as time passes and emotions cool, reason starts to re-emerge and people are slowly coming back. There will no doubt be people like the writer of the original post in this thread who are completely blinded from reason, but the more rational fans will understand that the team is going to do what is in the best interest of the team, not the fans. Would it be fun for a lot of people to watch someone from Houston take the reigns of the team? Sure, but wouldn't it be more fun to have a winning team? People got over not picking Derrick Johnson and they will get over not picking Vince Young.

Tulip said:
But I'm really starting to wonder if Casserly has something against Longhorns.

I know I'M going to root against the Longhorns forever if I have to read this BS for the 3 to 4 months. God! I was waiting for the season to be over. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.:brickwall

Kaiser Toro said:
You knew the cottboys would come calling. No boycott coming from this Texan. You will see senseless drivel, long dialogue, emotional diatribes concocted with facts, myths, prejudices, wants, needs and outright stupidity. But we are united by a common bond and that is our desire to have a playoff team. I hope I am wrong in every which way in how I think we need to amend our current situation if we begin to win. And I am sure most feel the same way.

I agree, I will be Diehard to the end of my days, also we have to give the orginization time to turn this thing around. We are virtually still "brand new" in the larger picture of things.

What is up with all the instant gratification syndrome. Hard work will pay off, and it will be sweet when it does.

You people are not understanding me. I want the team to get better but I don't see how this team is doing anything whatsoever to make itself better. We'll still have the same problems and the same knuckleheads making the same knucklehead decisions (i.e. mcnair and casserly). I saw potential in Carr but 4 years is enough. This team is gonna stay the same. It's time for change.

So if you tell a guy to build a house but you don't give him wood, nails, or tools, how is he supposed to do it?

If Carr was in the situation that Joey Harrington is in, where they have a good line and great weapons and still didn't perform, then you would have reason to complain. But Carr has neither, so how are we expecting him to put up pro bowl numbers?

This organization has always walked around like a bunch of wounded ducks. Be here to apologize to me in 4 years when we we're still drafting from the 1 spot.

If Carr is so great then we should get good trade value for him then. Get those Oline players we want or some draft picks. Come on people. Again, we're just gonna stick with the status quo and still have a sub 500 team.

BradK10 said:
actually i'm NOT over passing up DJ....because Travis Johnson sucked

Derrick Johnson didnt exactly shake the foundations of the NFL either. At least TJ has an excuse... a bad defense with a bad coaching staff that just got fired.

Either way though.. I dont see why people are whining about not getting DJ.. if you want to whine about missed opportunities.. why didnt we trade down some more and get Luis Castillo and Odell Thurman?

tulexan said:

After the Rose Bowl there was a lot of emotion. People were going nuts and they should've after a great game. But as time passes and emotions cool, reason starts to re-emerge and people are slowly coming back. There will no doubt be people like the writer of the original post in this thread who are completely blinded from reason, but the more rational fans will understand that the team is going to do what is in the best interest of the team, not the fans. Would it be fun for a lot of people to watch someone from Houston take the reigns of the team? Sure, but wouldn't it be more fun to have a winning team? People got over not picking Derrick Johnson and they will get over not picking Vince Young.

just to get the record firmly established for myself, the players i have advocated drafting in the past

carlos rogers
sean taylor

But the thing is, there is one major thing that seperates picking bush from picking young. When we pick young, we are admitting that david carr couldnt do it, and starting over. Picking reggie bush is tantamount to saying "you know, we are so solid at every position, we dont need to replace anybody...we just need an extra running back, that will help us a lot! reggie's 14 touches a game arent whats best for the franchise. Either we are starting over, which in that case means we start over, i.e. new leader of the franchise, or we draft lines to protect the talent we have. If, as the reggie bush fanclub has said, we can pick up quality o-lineman in the 2nd and later rounds, then we could presumably still do that and get vince young. We dont need spare talent. Even if you dont think he is a superstar, you have to admit dominack is a capable back. However, nobody on here is saying carr is a capable quarterback. I've heard that we dont know yet, he has been improperly coached, he hasnt had lines, which may or may not have validity. However, Nothing we do will be a quick fix. Everyone is acting like bush is a 5 star lock to be our pick. This isnt the first year of our franchise, where they had prenegotiated david carrs contract before the pick. Neither of the 2 hype players on the draft board have even DECLARED, so nobody on the texans has said ANYTHING about drafting either one of them. I know this because it would be against the rules. You can infer what you like from all the comments on the internet you like, but i dont recall a single poster on this board being on top of the dunta pick, nobody, and i mean NOBODY nailed the babin pick, and i dont recall anybody having travis johnson avatars before last draft. So the truth is, we as a message board are ALWAYS WRONG about whats going to happen. It may be bush, it may be young, it may be dbrick, it may be SOMEONE ELSE. Lets just stop spreading around conjecture as certainty, thats all im asking.

swtbound07 said:
just to get the record firmly established for myself, the players i have advocated drafting in the past

carlos rogers
sean taylor

neither were available when our pick came up

i know, i was just trying to establish that my wanting vince young isnt due to longhorn homerism, as i've never campaigned for a horn in the past.

Shouldn't all this Vince Young hoopla wait until he at leasts decide to go pro?? It's not even a sure bet that he's coming out of college. I can understang the Bush hype, he has at least interviewed agents. Young on the other hand has only given two answers. First he said he was staying, then he was undecided. But, he hasn't done or said anything to suggest that he will join the draft.

I think even Young himself, is cought up in the excitement. But when he calms down he will decide to return to UT like he originally planned. IMO

swtbound07 said:

carlos rogers
sean taylor

But the thing is, there is one major thing that seperates picking bush from picking young. When we pick young, we are admitting that david carr couldnt do it, and starting over. Picking reggie bush is tantamount to saying "you know, we are so solid at every position, we dont need to replace anybody...we just need an extra running back, that will help us a lot! reggie's 14 touches a game arent whats best for the franchise. Either we are starting over, which in that case means we start over, i.e. new leader of the franchise, or we draft lines to protect the talent we have. If, as the reggie bush fanclub has said, we can pick up quality o-lineman in the 2nd and later rounds, then we could presumably still do that and get vince young. We dont need spare talent. Even if you dont think he is a superstar, you have to admit dominack is a capable back. However, nobody on here is saying carr is a capable quarterback. I've heard that we dont know yet, he has been improperly coached, he hasnt had lines, which may or may not have validity. However, Nothing we do will be a quick fix. Everyone is acting like bush is a 5 star lock to be our pick. This isnt the first year of our franchise, where they had prenegotiated david carrs contract before the pick. Neither of the 2 hype players on the draft board have even DECLARED, so nobody on the texans has said ANYTHING about drafting either one of them. I know this because it would be against the rules. You can infer what you like from all the comments on the internet you like, but i dont recall a single poster on this board being on top of the dunta pick, nobody, and i mean NOBODY nailed the babin pick, and i dont recall anybody having travis johnson avatars before last draft. So the truth is, we as a message board are ALWAYS WRONG about whats going to happen. It may be bush, it may be young, it may be dbrick, it may be SOMEONE ELSE. Lets just stop spreading around conjecture as certainty, thats all im asking.

you took the words right out of my post

tulexan said:

After the Rose Bowl there was a lot of emotion. People were going nuts and they should've after a great game. But as time passes and emotions cool, reason starts to re-emerge and people are slowly coming back. There will no doubt be people like the writer of the original post in this thread who are completely blinded from reason, but the more rational fans will understand that the team is going to do what is in the best interest of the team, not the fans.

There are those of us rational fans who believe that if he declares he is the best player in the draft. And thought that before the Rose Bowl. It is just that the Rose Bowl makes that position more viable.

The whole boycott stuff may be described by a word that does not exist in the English language, but means something like sillier than silly.

That being said, any franchise that completely ignores what the casual fan thinks, is going to be a franchise with people not showing up to games. I liked all the free great tickets I got last season, but I'd rather have people around me at games.

The boycott notion might be ridiculous but there are lots of people out there that really do not care that the NFL is back in Houston. It would be nice for the Texans to be relevant again for something other than a punchline. Reggie does that some, but VY does that in abundance.

Would it be fun for a lot of people to watch someone from Houston take the reigns of the team? Sure, but wouldn't it be more fun to have a winning team? People got over not picking Derrick Johnson and they will get over not picking Vince Young.

If VY was from any college in the nation, I would want him playing for my team.

Fun and winning are not mutually exclusive. Doing the Bush pick or trading down doesn't guarantee winning either.

The DJ analogy is nongood. Not in the same universe. Dude was on Leno. LENO! Shouldn't matter but it does matter.

Whatever happens, whatever the reaction, I'm gonna support the Texans in every way I can. I am just sick of feeling like I haven't taken a shower because by the end of the game nobody is sitting around me.

Texans_Chick said:
There are those of us rational fans who believe that if he declares he is the best player in the draft.

and those are the fans that I can completely understand .... you could be right after all it's such an in-exact science ..... it's the UT or die fans that give you a bad name ...

im with you on the boycott. But its not for the same reasons as you. I love your state but hate the team, GAME THROWING CHEATIN TEXANS--NO HONOR FOR the TEXANS.

ps.GET AN HONORABLE FOOTBALL TEAM and RUN IT WITH SOME CLASS!!!!!!

Texans_Chick said:
That being said, any franchise that completely ignores what the casual fan thinks, is going to be a franchise with people not showing up to games.

I have a strange feeling that if the Texans were to pass on Young, for whatever reason and go 13-3 next year, Reliant Stadium would be a packed house.

itsme said:
im with you on the boycott. But its not for the same reasons as you. I love your state but hate the team, GAME THROWING CHEATIN TEXANS--NO HONOR FOR the TEXANS.

My Troll detector just went off ....

itsme said:

you are proving yourself quite the gentleman, what with your unfounded accusations and all caps typing style.

Well I think that Reggie probably will get more than 14 touches a game. He may not get more than 14 carries a game at running back, but he will also get several plays at wide receiver, and possibly a few plays as a punt returner. The reason why many people want Bush is for that very reason. By picking Bush we are by no means saying that we are so stacked at every position that we can draft for depth at one of our stronger positions. But there is no other player in the draft who can immediately have the same effect on the offense and fill a few of the holes that we have.

I also believe that when people are saying that Carr doesn't have a line, hasn't been coached properly, and doesn't have many weapons, they are in fact saying that he is a capable quarterback.

The difference between Young and Bush is that most can agree that Young is still a ways away from being an NFL quarterback. It will take a few years before he is ready to have a significant impact on the field just like all rookie quarterbacks. He may be a great college talent, but the NFL is a different animal. Bush can start to have an impact on the field starting in the first week of the season.

Bush also will declare. He already took out a $6 million insurance policy at the beginning of the season and has been looking at agents for the past month or so. I believe he also has a senior member of Reebok as one of his advisors. We may not have heard Bob McNair or Charley Casserly go out and say "we are taking Reggie Bush" because they are not allowed to. What we have heard are statements which imply that we will take him. We have heard Charley Casserly say that our biggest need in the draft is an offensive playmaker. We have heard Charley Casserly say that we will not take a quarterback. We have heard Bob Glauber, an NFL insider, who talked personally to Charley Casserly after the Rose Bowl who said that we will not take a quarterback and that we will take a playmaking running back. We have heard Chris Mortensen, another NFL insider, who said that anonymous team sources have indicated that we will take Reggie Bush and not Vince Young even if Young declares. So it is not like a lot of us are just speculating without reason.

And the reason why no one had Dunta Robinson, Travis Johnson, or Jason Babin avatars or that no one called that we would pick them is due to the fact that in those drafts we were in the middle of the order and could not accurately predict who exactly would be picked with each selection above us. If we could, we probably would be very rich in Vegas. In this draft, we are at the top of the board. We have no one above us and have the pick of the litter. We know that barring some big trade, which is possible, we can narrow the pick down to one of two people Reggie Bush or Vince Young. We have heard that we are going to extend David Carr's contract, that Kubiak (the front runner for the HC job) likes David Carr a lot, and that we will not take Vince Young, then we can reasonably assume that we are going to pick Reggie Bush.

Now could all of this leaked information and overt implications be a ruse by the team? Of course, but knowing the way that Bob McNair runs a business and how important loyalty is to him, I don't believe it is.

Texans_Chick said:
The DJ analogy is nongood. Not in the same universe. Dude was on Leno. LENO! Shouldn't matter but it does matter.

Wasn't Reggie Bush on Leno and Letterman?

SWTBOUND07

ouch, you sure got me on the cap typing style. Im a 49er so you can understand my pissed-offness. It all comes down to the Bush lottery. We were in the running for Bush cause we really sucked. Im not saying you guys didnt. What I am saying is we didnt purposely loose a game. The talk around here is thats the way it was and Ive seen some of the controversial plays. What do you guys think about the accusations? The Troll

"Shouldn't all this Vince Young hoopla wait until he at leasts decide to go pro?? It's not even a sure bet that he's coming out of college. I can understang the Bush hype, he has at least interviewed agents. Young on the other hand has only given two answers. First he said he was staying, then he was undecided. But, he hasn't done or said anything to suggest that he will join the draft."

Vince will go pro if we will draft him so that doesn't matter

OK
This is officially insane. Boycott? Have you lost your mind? Do you not remember the d@mn moving trucks pulling away from the dome the last time we did that? You got San Antonio right up the street, HUNGRY for a franchise and you bring up this cr@p? So What, The personnel decisions have not gone too well, McNair will fix it. Give him time, this is new to him too.

tulexan said:

Agreed...I really believe that once VY gets over the "high" of the national championship, he will actually decide to stay at Texas. (He has already stated that was his intention before the Rose Bowl)

Let's all keep our heads at least until Jan. 15th and see who will actually be in the draft before we get nuts!

Yeah I am not happy at all with what I am hearing from around the league according to the radio and ESPN and all that.

If REGGIE "GOD" BUSH cant do his thing against a good COLLEGE DEFENSE, how is he going to do against a BAD NFL DEFENSE (which is still a notch above a good College Defense)

I can see the stat line now

David Carr: 3-10 sacked 6 times, 2 dropped passes, 1 int, 1 td, hit 15 times

God Bush 16 carries 80 yards, 1 catch 20 yards

Dominick Davis 14 carries 75 yards, 1 catch 9 yards

Adnre Johnson 1 catch 8 yards, Td

YAY! No O line and we get the 2nd (SECOND) best running back on the USC Roster!!!

Man I hope you Reggie Bush worshipers are right, because I cant see myself caring about this team anymore. Sure, I am all mouth, and will, but not to the extent that I did. Keep ***** Casserly and draft a small RB who did not show up when needed. Go Texans, always 3 years away from winning because it will take 3 years for an O-lineman to develop so why draft them (Right Charlie)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back