Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-07-2006   #1
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Default Don't Draft Young

Texans should draft Bush, not VY. Wait til like the 2nd round and draft Marcus Vick. He has a bright future ahead of him and is way better than VY. Vick has not had a bad game all year!!! He is going to be a huge steal and a star in the NFL. He has a great attitude, unlike VY. Let me know what you think.
Sutton=08Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #2
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

HAHAHA

no bad game all year? ha ha ha ha, did you miss the Miami game and the FSU game?
Old 01-07-2006   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Yes, Marcus Vick's attitude got him cut from his college team. Young's attitude gets his coach and all of his players behind him and gets his team a national championship.

Sigh.

ETA: this team doesn't like basket cases.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #4
T_Guru
Rookie

??
T_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Guru
??
One would hope.
Old 01-07-2006   #6
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Yes, Marcus Vick's attitude got him cut from his college team. Young's attitude gets his coach and all of his players behind him and gets his team a national championship.

Sigh.

ETA: this team doesn't like basket cases.
Name me one thing he has done to show he has a bad attitude
Old 01-07-2006   #7
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutton=08Heisman
Vick has not had a bad game all year!!! He has a great attitude. Let me now what you think.
Okay, i'll let you know what I think.

Vick played terribly against the Miami Hurricanes and was the primary reason they lost, a game which they shouldn't have lost. And Vick does not have a great attitude, what do you think got him kicked off the Hokies? The guy is a head case, but he will probably get drafted in the later rounds, the fifth round being the earliest.
Old 01-07-2006   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Vince Young can cure cancer, AIDS, and poverty so McNair would be stupid not to draft him.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #9
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
He has a great attitude
Yeah so does Ron Artest and T.O.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #10
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Name me one thing he has done to show he has a bad attitude
How about the most recent thing- intentionally stomping on another player's leg and then lying about apologizing to the guy?
Old 01-07-2006   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

marcus vick is a 2nd round pick??? on what planet. Maurice clarett lasted till the end of day 1

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #12
CyberTexan
Veteran

after the rose bowl I too like many of you had 2nd thoughts on picking Bush or Young but after thinking about it long and hard and reading every piece of info I could find I have to say everything points to picking Bush that is the best choice by far . You have to keep in mind Youngs performance was against the 39th ranked defense , if you think about the games he had against A&M and Oklahoma to name a couple it wasnt near as good actually almost dissaster . Young wont be able to play like the rose bowl game against the NFL theres no way . Look at Vick sure he wins for that team sometimes but he gets hurt alot and for long periods of time and he has never taken that team to the big game and Vick is alot faster than Young . Picking Young will be like starting over too will take 2 or 3 years at least to develope where as Bush will be an imediate help not only as a HB but as a WR too wouldnt it be nice to have Bush and Davis sharing the running duties plus having Bush as another WR threat. So in my mind Bush is still the right way to go. I dont think our team is that bad as we are sure we need some help here and there but I think it was just poorly coached and they underachieved .
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #13
Afrokid
Rookie

are u kidding or being seriouse??? uhh....Marcus Vick is going to be a raven btw.
Afrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #14
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

this might be the worst 5 post start to a message board in history....1st overall pick in 09, followed by marcus vick being our 2nd round pick? Where do you people come from?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 01-07-2006   #15
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
this might be the worst 5 post start to a message board in history....1st overall pick in 09, followed by marcus vick being our 2nd round pick? Where do you people come from?
I come from Mecca
Old 01-07-2006   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Texans should draft Bush, not VY. Wait til like the 2nd round and draft Marcus Vick. He has a bright future ahead of him and is way better than VY. Vick has not had a bad game all year!!! He is going to be a huge steal and a star in the NFL. He has a great attitude, unlike VY. Let me know what you think.
I'd be banned if I told you what I really thought.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #17
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
I'd be banned if I told you what I really thought.
In case everyone hasn't figured it out pretty much all of my posts have been a joke. The only reason why I said that about Vick was b/c he just got kicked off the team
Old 01-07-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
In case everyone hasn't figured it out pretty much all of my posts have been a joke. The only reason why I said that about Vick was b/c he just got kicked off the team

your user name being sutton08 heisman leads me to believe you were pretty serious about your bs intro post and your insightfull commentary into the 09 draft...after having been called out for ignorance by several people, you try to start a new point about marcus vick to draw attention from the old pick.....upon discovering that the vick point was indeed....stupid, you post that everything you say is a "joke".....if those are the impressions you are trying to convey, we do have emoticons ya know.....

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 01-07-2006   #19
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
your user name being sutton08 heisman leads me to believe you were pretty serious about your bs intro post and your insightfull commentary into the 09 draft...after having been called out for ignorance by several people, you try to start a new point about marcus vick to draw attention from the old pick.....upon discovering that the vick point was indeed....stupid, you post that everything you say is a "joke".....if those are the impressions you are trying to convey, we do have emoticons ya know.....
What is so ignorant about making a joke? If anyone would think for 2 seconds they could figure out I was just kidding. I'm very sorry if I hurt or offended you in any way since you are so emotional.
Old 01-07-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

not emotional at all.....i merely point out what happens and what i think about it. Pardon if i find your contributions a bit lacking friend. Its just my opinion, what do you care?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read