Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2006   #1
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Kubiaks take on Carr

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3571013.html

Kubiak has become known as an expert mentor for quarterbacks and sees potential in Houston's David Carr.

"He's got tremendous ability, and we all know he's a great kid," Kubiak said. "He'd be a joy to work with, and he's got some weapons around him to make him better. Through a lot of hard work, there's another level there for him to reach."

Kubiak played for the Broncos from 1983-91. After two years at Texas A&M, Kubiak was the quarterbacks coach for San Francisco when the 49ers won the Super Bowl with Shanahan as offensive coordinator. The two then left together for Denver.

Get Kubiak and then Reggie..along with an O-line. Yes.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default ..

damn the last thing we need is another David "Sub Par" Carr lover.....dude will never be more than average.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #3
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream
damn the last thing we need is another David "Sub Par" Carr lover.....dude will never be more than average.

Guess you know more than Gary. :brickwall
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #4
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher

Right... what would a someone that coached Steve Young and John Elway know about quarterbacks??
Old 01-07-2006   #5
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default ....

I'm not saying I know more than Gary, but it is a possibility that he could be wrong, I've watched David play and he shows me no reason on why we should give him 8 mil to be our franchise QB......."drop Sub Par Carr", that's my battle cry.
Old 01-07-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher
Gary knows whats best for Gary and if that is telling Mr. McNair/Cass what they want to hear about Carr, then he will do it. I have never seen so many people look the other way on such a fruitless pick.
Old 01-07-2006   #7
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

So it's going to take a lot of hard work, but David Carr can reach another level? I wonder what that level is:

Average?

Better than average?

John Elway?

What is that level that Kubiak has identified? That's the interesting question.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2006   #8
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Lightbulb

Kubiak and Shanahan were able to turn Jake Plummer's career around, I say give him the benefit of the doubt with Carr.

Plus Carr is already use to playing in a pro offense, Vince Young is not even doing that at Texas.

Houston would be taking steps back by taking Vince Young IMO.
Old 01-07-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not saying I know more than Gary, but it is a possibility that he could be wrong, I've watched David play and he shows me no reason on why we should give him 8 mil to be our franchise QB......."drop Sub Par Carr", that's my battle cry.
He's shows people no reason because he has had no offensive line to protect him. Any QB would be as scared as him if this is how he's had to play the first 4 years of his career, getting sacked 50 or more times a year. I remember the game against the Rams, the only game I remember watching this year where he had time to pass. He had a great game then (including the 2nd half) and has shown flashes of what he can be.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #10
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Even if Kubiak is telling McNair what he wants to hear I really doubt he'd put himself into a no win situation. If Kubiak thinks Carr isnt going to cut it then I doubt that Kubiak would want to coach here anyways.
Old 01-07-2006   #11
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
I've watched David play and he shows me no reason on why we should give him 8 mil to be our franchise QB......."drop Sub Par Carr", that's my battle cry.
so Bob McNair should spend 50 mil and let Young sit?
Old 01-07-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
It worked for Steve McNair and Carson Palmer.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #13
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kubiak and Shanahan were able to turn Jake Plummer's career around,

Plummer had a good year THIS season, I'm still not to big on him either.

Quote:
If he turns out to be great, then yes.
Old 01-07-2006   #14
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Plummer had a good year THIS season, I'm still not to big on him either.
That's your opinion if you are not big on Plummer's play, but the fact of the matter is that Plummer is playing better football this year comapred to last.

Better play from him is one of the primary reasons why the Broncos won the AFC West.
Old 01-07-2006   #15
The Dream
Hall of Fame

I just don't see how someone could think that VY could be any worst than "Sub Par"
Old 01-07-2006   #16
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
I just don't see how someone could think that VY could be any worst than "Sub Par"
Quote:
Plus Carr is already use to playing in a pro offense, Vince Young is not even doing that at Texas.
Big stats out of a shotgun offense tailored around Young's strengths.

The name Alex Smith rings a bell to anyone around here?

Lienart is the most prepared QB prospect because he's been running a pro offense at USC for 3 years.

Vince hasn't done it for one season, he will not be prepared to step right in and be more productive than Carr.
Old 01-07-2006   #17
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Vince is no Alex Smith
Old 01-07-2006   #18
LikeABoss
All Pro

Quote:
Vince is no Alex Smith
Because Vince can run, but the passing #'s were similar.
Old 01-07-2006   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Vince is no Alex Smith
That is true. He may be better. He may be worse. We don't know yet since Vince isn't in the NFL and hasn't even declared. The Texans have bigger needs than quarterback though.

Let me ask you this The Dream, were you all for the Texans drafting Vince Young before the NC game?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Because Vince can run, but the passing #'s were similar.
Hawaii and Texas Tech QB's always have great numbers...but nobody thinks they are a QB factory...you just have to watch the games since numbers are deceptive. Alex Smith is no Vince Young.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read