Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-04-2004   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans & Haynesworth

This sounds good or bad depending on your perspective:

Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was the only veteran unaccounted for at an organized team workout on Tuesday, and his teammates took notice.

"It's a slap in the face to the guys who are here," running back Eddie George said. "We're all here putting the work in."

Link
Old 05-04-2004   #2
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

From my perspective (As A Texans Fan), I think it is good. He will probably be replaced this year by one of the rookies they drafted anyway.
Old 05-05-2004   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

classic fat albert...thinks because he was a high draft pick and one of the few returning d-line starters he doesn't have to put in the work...the titans would be doing themselves a favor if they went with randy starks instead of him...starks has more potential and has a better attitude
Old 05-05-2004   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
classic fat albert...thinks because he was a high draft pick and one of the few returning d-line starters he doesn't have to put in the work...the titans would be doing themselves a favor if they went with randy starks instead of him...starks has more potential and has a better attitude

i dont know if stark's attitude is any better. he too is known to have a poor work ethic.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thing they draft so well..
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #6
BigTex
Rookie

Robery Haynesworth is a big fat baby! Randy Starks has a very poor work ethic and will in no way be an upgrade over big albert. I can't stand vertrans who think they can just slack off and not practice but play, that's why I like rookies so much they come in they work hard to earn there spot thats what is fun about rookies
Old 05-05-2004   #7
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default I dont know

Money has a way of motivating guys when they get to the next level. Starks may look at this as an opportunity to start and get a big paycheck down the road, then become lazy again.....Regardless, this is good for the Texans. I always like to hear rumblings in other camps!
Old 05-05-2004   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I give a big round of applause to our management who take notice of a players character and stick by their standards when drafting or signing a new player. In such early times of our franchise it is nice to know we have players with a winning and worker's attitude.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

very true...last year we didn't have a single player miss the veteran camps or the rookie camps...everyone was at training camp regardless if they were injuried or not...it's a classic capers team...i just hope we continue this tradition if you will of having a 100% attendance...just gives us fans a sense that everything is getting better
Old 05-05-2004   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

"We're talkin' about practice. Not a game. We're talkin' about practice." AI
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Ogre, my only reply to "The Answer", is look at where you are right now. All the playoff people went to practice.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Oh I wasn't really making a statement. I just like that quote. Not for what he said or what it represents. It is just funny as **** to me. You mentioned practice and I saw a use for the quote.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read