Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-06-2006   #1
Afrokid
Rookie

Default Crazy Scenario

What if Vince Young and Reggie Bush decide to return for senior seasons? Anyone have mocks without V Young and Reggie Bush in the top three slots?
Afrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 Matt Leinart QB

#2 Lindale White? RB

#3 D'Brishshaw Fergason LT

That's my guess anyway.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #3
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I really doubt Bush does, he's been interviewing agents, he's taken out an insurance policy on himself and probably doesn't want to have to pay premiums on that all year, and I really don't see his draft stock getting any better next year. Vince Young I can see returning, I think once the hype of his Rose Bowl calms down and people realize he really doesn't throw the ball all that well that talk of a #1/#2 pick will die down and he will consider returning to UT. I think once he figures out that the Texans will not draft him at #1 it will also give him that much more reason to return to school as that is by far the #1 reason for him to come out this year if we are going to take him.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #4
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

that would really be a crappy draft
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

It would certainly decrease our trading power, but there are still plenty of other players we can go get, and players I'd prefer to trade down to pick up anyways. Either way, regardless of whether you want the Texans to trade down or draft one of them, I think we can all agree that having them not come out will be worse for our team, but definitely not the end of the world.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #6
Pondy

Lightbulb D'Brickashaw

I'm not much of a Texans fan, but I do seem to have great taste in draft picks. Domanick Davis is a great runningback, but your O-Line...well, for lack of a better word, sucks. Bad. Get D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the 1st round pick. You won't regret doing so.

Sorry, but I just don't understand why you would want to draft Reggie Bush. Domanick Davis is more than enough, and Reggie's talent would go to waste, because quite frankly, he's not much better than Domanick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read