Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2006   #1
bdiddy
Veteran

Default This Line = Top 10 Rushing Offense/Sacks Cut in Half

Sing LeCharles Bently
Restructure McKinney's Contract
2nd Round - McNeil (probably gone) or Johnathan Scott
4th Round - Will Allen

Have Pitts and McNeil/Scott compete for LT spot, winner is LT, loser is RT.

Have Allen compete with McKinney and Weigert for guard, most likely just depth until Weigert retires in a 1-2 years.

Pitts/Draft Pick - McKinney - Bently - Weiger - Draft Pick/Pitts

Missed out on Leonard Davis Take on Draft Board:
1. Will will not get all the picks you suggest, but I would love it if it could come true.

2. Leonard Davis is not that great of a lineman. He is consistantly overweight/underperforming, his feet are very questionable, he over-extends himself when trying to use his hands. He is huge and has good strength and if properly motivated has good potential. It also hurts that the cardinals have played him out of position at tackle at times. I can live with Davis, but please do not suggest the signing of Mike Williams (which you haven't but others have on this board).

Others have a Davis take, or thoughts on the line.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Sing LeCharles Bently
Do I have to? I'm don't know him well enough to come up with a song for him.
Old 01-06-2006   #3
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Sing LeCharles Bently
Restructure McKinney's Contract
2nd Round - McNeil (probably gone) or Johnathan Scott
4th Round - Will Allen

Have Pitts and McNeil/Scott compete for LT spot, winner is LT, loser is RT.

Have Allen compete with McKinney and Weigert for guard, most likely just depth until Weigert retires in a 1-2 years.

Pitts/Draft Pick - McKinney - Bently - Weiger - Draft Pick/Pitts

Missed out on Leonard Davis Take on Draft Board:
1. Will will not get all the picks you suggest, but I would love it if it could come true.

2. Leonard Davis is not that great of a lineman. He is consistantly overweight/underperforming, his feet are very questionable, he over-extends himself when trying to use his hands. He is huge and has good strength and if properly motivated has good potential. It also hurts that the cardinals have played him out of position at tackle at times. I can live with Davis, but please do not suggest the signing of Mike Williams (which you haven't but others have on this board).

Others have a Davis take, or thoughts on the line.

Is Hodgens out of the equation then? I thought he showed some flashes prior to getting hurt...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #4
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Do I have to? I'm don't know him well enough to come up with a song for him.
My bad TheOrge

Hogdon is not out of the picture, but I think he is a backup. Bently is in his 4th year, a two time pro bowler (one time alternate) - once at center, once at guard, and a great young player.
Old 01-06-2006   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My bad TheOrge

You better quit while you're ahead, bdiddy!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

not bad, you didnt mention Wand though. I see him as depth at the very least, and our new RT at the very most.

Bentley.. i really want him but he wont be cheap. its his 4th year and he is going to his second pro bowl. Also.. he has played most of his games but has had a couple injuries..and knee surgery.

Hodgdon could be our future at center.. but Bentley would be an immediate upgrade there.. and Hodgdon can take the position from him if he is good enough.

If we get Kubiak and he starts building our line in the Denver mold.. look for the smaller offensive linemen to be our prime targets. Guys like Samson Satele put of Hawaii. Alot of Denver's Oline are late round picks, or undrafted free agents.. because they are all viewed as undersized. But they work in the Denver scheme... so id look for us to maybe only grab one Olineman on the first day.. and stock up in the later rounds.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #7
outofhnd
All Pro

yea either way hogdon is our center of the future I think Lecharles Bentley is an upgrade but how would he do in a denver type system? Will he sign here?We definately need a tight end to play unless joppru performs some sort of tiny tim miracle and does some amazing things... either way pick one up we gambled on joppru playing last year and that cost us big time.. If you dont think so look at alex smith in TB.. I think if mathis can improve his hands and route running in the offseason he will be our #2 burner type reciever.. unless we go west coast scheme then we go with gaffney in #2 roll bradford I think is gone... he had one good game in jacksonville after that just flashes... and some very noticeable drops..
Old 01-07-2006   #8
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Kubiak Effect

I agree about the statement that if (really a matter of when) Kubiak comes we will be looking for smaller more athletic lineman. However, this will not happen all at once given we have too much $$$ invested in several lineman. Pitts is a definite keeper and will work well within the system at tackle or guard. Bently would be great no matter what system, he is possibly the best center in the NFL. McKinney could be reasonable at guard but not center (needs to lose 20lbs.). Weigert will stay 1-3 years. Wand is unknown. He looks horrible, slow feet, blocks high, over extends and uses hands poorly. He may turnout ok, but is a backup at this point.

We need to draft a young athletic tackle with good feet to play RT (or compete with Chester, loser going to RT) and a guard for depth.
Old 01-07-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree about the statement that if (really a matter of when) Kubiak comes we will be looking for smaller more athletic lineman. However, this will not happen all at once given we have too much $$$ invested in several lineman. Pitts is a definite keeper and will work well within the system at tackle or guard. Bently would be great no matter what system, he is possibly the best center in the NFL. McKinney could be reasonable at guard but not center (needs to lose 20lbs.). Weigert will stay 1-3 years. Wand is unknown. He looks horrible, slow feet, blocks high, over extends and uses hands poorly. He may turnout ok, but is a backup at this point.
We need to draft a young athletic tackle with good feet to play RT (or compete with Chester, loser going to RT) and a guard for depth.
You kind of forgot about the highest paid lineman and I have to tell you the cap hit has not. Wade is signed through 2009 and will count as 5.1 in 2006.

If you want us to look away from your source on Kubiak you need to be a little tighter on your takes.
Old 01-07-2006   #10
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
You kind of forgot about the highest paid lineman and I have to tell you the cap hit has not. Wade is signed through 2009 and will count as 5.1 in 2006.

If you want us to look away from your source on Kubiak you need to be a little tighter on your takes.
I am not forgetting about Wade. He simply is not a legit starter in the zone blocking scheme. Casserly made a mistake signing him to such a large contract. The Texans will be forced to have a very expensive backup tackle.

McKinney is going to redo his deal. He does not want to leave Houston.

Weigert will be done in 1-3 years, his contract is up next year.

I am not forgetting, just deemed not worthy of mentioning Wade. If you want to cut him go for it, but his cap hit does not justify it. Is he bad, yes, but he can be a good backup.

I know you are still on me about my source but even John McClain could figure out that Kubiak is the next coach and Gray will be offered the DC job tomorrow. Granted he is an *****, but I am sure I am not the only one who has access to this source.
Old 01-07-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I know you are still on me about my source but even John McClain could figure out that Kubiak is the next coach and Gray will be offered the DC job tomorrow. Granted he is an *****, but I am sure I am not the only one who has access to this source.
Gray works for the Bills and can't take a OC job but can take the HC job.....unless he is fired (and that could happen...but probably not before tomorrow). You can't hire someone else's OC's in a lateral move. Cam Cameron interviews Sunday as well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006   #12
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Gray works for the Bills and can't take a OC job unless he gets the HC job.....unless he is fired (and that could happen...but probably not before tomorrow). Cam Cameron interviews Sunday as well.
He will be the DC not OC. He resigned from his post with the Bills yesterday. Additionally, he could be promoted to DC/Assistant Head Coach.
Old 01-07-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

DC -OC...same thing as I meant coordinator. Gray did not resign yesterday either. The Bills fired 5 assistants and still owns the rights to Gray at this moment. Some of your stuff is brutally hard to take.

Old 01-07-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Darryn Colledge looks like a likely candidate for an RT that we can get in the second round, that would fit the Denver style of Oline. Probably not necessary though.. since they have managed to build a really good line from late round picks in Denver.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...ncolledge.html

His run blocking is suspect.. but id expect most undersized tackles to be scouted as having suspect run blocking in College.
Old 01-07-2006   #15
Grid
Hall of Fame

no he resigned as DC

http://www.billsinsider.com/modules....rder=0&thold=0
Old 01-07-2006   #16
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
DC -OC...same thing as I meant coordinator. Gray did not resign yesterday either. The Bills fired 5 assistants and still owns the rights to Gray at this moment. Some of your stuff is brutally hard to take.
He did resign, maybe not released officially, but he has resigned.

See http://billsinsider.com (middle of page).
Old 01-07-2006   #17
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I think the best thing to do with Wade would be to shop him and see if we can get anything for him. I would take almost anything hopefully a 4th or 5th or maybe a young player.

Sign Lecharles Bentley 6yrs 25M
Low-tender- Wand and Brown
Keep- Pitts, Restructured McKinney, Weigert, Wade
Draft Picks- ? Know my guys, but not yet going to make those picks.
Old 01-07-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
He did resign, maybe not released officially, but he has resigned.

See http://billsinsider.com (middle of page).
hasnt happened yet
Quote:
Buffalo News: Tom Clements is out as the Buffalo Bills' offensive coordinator. As for the status of defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, stay tuned.

Clements' agent confirmed that he has been fired, and there are rumors Gray will either resign or be let go.

Old 01-07-2006   #19
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
I think the best thing to do with Wade would be to shop him and see if we can get anything for him. I would take almost anything hopefully a 4th or 5th or maybe a young player.

Sign Lecharles Bentley 6yrs 25M
Low-tender- Wand and Brown
Keep- Pitts, Restructured McKinney, Weigert, Wade
Draft Picks- ? Know my guys, but not yet going to make those picks.
I agree, but no one will take Wade or at least not his contract. I would take a 6th rounder in 2010 for Wade, I just do not think it will happen.
Old 01-07-2006   #20
bdiddy
Veteran

Quote:
hasnt happened yet
Keep going down the page.

If you doubt what I am telling you that is fine, just ignore it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read