Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2006   #1
yako0o
Rookie

Default Mike Martz on radio about Young.

Jet Fan here.

Mike Martz is on the dan patrick show right now and talking about Vince Young.

Was saying he will be a "NIGHTMARE" for DC's when hes in the league.

MIke was saying he didnt expect him to be such a good passer, as although he has a side arm delivery he is accurate.

He said hell be more dangerous then Mike Vick.

It should be clearly known the kid has more poise right now, then MIke Vick does as a four year pro.

He is a leader, when he is in trouble he takes on all the pressure on his back.

you guys know how Mike Martz is, Martz was basically saying all the things he would do with Young--How there would constantly be single coverage due to a spy--Etc.

Good luck guys, As your organization is on the up, mine is plummeting.
yako0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #2
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Draft Vince Young and bring in Mike Martz.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Fire Martz and do not resign Young.
Old 01-06-2006   #4
SESupergenius

I'd love a team of HC Gray, OC MArtz and DC Haslett.
Old 01-06-2006   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I'd love a team of HC Gray, OC MArtz and DC Haslett.
Amen brutha.
Old 01-06-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 112052 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yako0o
Jet Fan here.

Mike Martz is on the dan patrick show right now and talking about Vince Young.

Was saying he will be a "NIGHTMARE" for DC's when hes in the league.

MIke was saying he didnt expect him to be such a good passer, as although he has a side arm delivery he is accurate.

He said hell be more dangerous then Mike Vick.

It should be clearly known the kid has more poise right now, then MIke Vick does as a four year pro.

He is a leader, when he is in trouble he takes on all the pressure on his back.

you guys know how Mike Martz is, Martz was basically saying all the things he would do with Young--How there would constantly be single coverage due to a spy--Etc.

Good luck guys, As your organization is on the up, mine is plummeting.
My early scenario has Martz and Young to the Saints where they have a circus offense with Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth.

Hire Mike Martz!

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Getting a 4-5 year headstart on posting that, KT?
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
Getting a 4-5 year headstart on posting that, KT?
We live in a world of preemption.
Old 01-06-2006   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro

Probably more like Fire Martz, draft Jimmy Clausen.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
My early scenario has Martz and Young to the Saints where they have a circus offense with Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn and Dante Stallworth.

Hire Mike Martz!
Dude is that not a great lineup on paper? If I were a Saint fan I'd be pushing for us to draft Bush and for them to hire MArtz. All they would need is some good defensive players and a scheme.
Old 01-06-2006   #11
bdiddy
Veteran

Great if the Saints lineup could happen. ONly one problem, the only person in the NFL with a bigger ego than Martz might be Tom Benson.
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #12
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I'd like Martz as Head Coach or offensive coordinator for Houston.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #13
sulli60
Rookie

I'm thinking Martz made those comments because teams looking for a HC and in a position to draft either VY or Bush need an offensive minded coach who'll know how to use them.

Bush is awesome, but USC didn't even have him in the game when it mattered. I would have at least had him on the field as a decoy. If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.
sulli60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #14
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
I'd like Martz as Head Coach or offensive coordinator for Houston.
i hope you are joking...
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #15
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulli60
If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.
This only tells me why Pete Carroll is no longer in the NFL.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Bush is awesome, but USC didn't even have him in the game when it mattered. I would have at least had him on the field as a decoy. If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.
Is that his fault or Pete Carroll's fault?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #17
daveebarb
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to daveebarb
Default oc

martz is a better oc then hc.
daveebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #18
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
i hope you are joking...
Doesn't matter....as long as the Texans organization doesn't feel this way, we're good.
Old 01-06-2006   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If a college team can't figure out how to get him on the field when it counts what does that say about his NFL potential as an everydown back.
That's odd. I'd think it reflected more on what it said about the college team.
Old 01-06-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
That would be a pretty dynamic lineup. Might even get people to move back into the city, with the hopes of saving the team for La.

I've got a lot of respect for Martz' offensive mind. But I wouldn't want him as our HC.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read