Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2004   #41
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Ya we lost 5 of our opening day starters on a defense that in our first season was a strength. Our offense will improve from the additions to the o-line and the extra year of chemistry.

The defense not only adding a bevy of young talent, but also has all their injured players coming back.

Not going crazy to say that we will go to the playoffs but somewhere in the 6-9 win range depending on how the ball bounces.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004   #42
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125
Default My Bad....

My bad it's madd late on the east coast... honest mistake
Old 08-05-2004   #43
titan21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
I think the Texans are going to be improved around the board this year. I agree much more with Salisbury and think Ditka was way off in his predictions. Merryl (sp?) Hodge was on earlier and he also heavily praised the Jaguars while apparently not expecting much out of the Texans. He said that Carr did little to improve last season and must come out with a strong showing this year.
I agree, had the texans been in a different division last year their record would have been much better. Carr will be a great qb with good protection... The Jaguars Leftwich wont, they are rebuilding themselves around a qb that at best will be an average qb...I think the texans will give the titans great problems in the future and might even become a real rivalry as soon as this season..
titan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #44
Txnpride
Veteran

The guys an *****...He is probably bitter because the Texans didnt offer him a job.How many draft picks did he give up for Ricky(sticky fingers)Williams?Yeah....Ditka really has been on the money with his decisions.If he ever makes it to a Texan game,and they put his image on our big screen,I think we should give him a big TEXAN BOO and let him know how we feel about his comment...anybody with me on that?
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #45
Stampeder
Rookie

Thumbs up

When I first saw the sched for this year, I had us going 7-9 due to the fact it looks easier than last year's sched. Of course, with the way things change in the NFL from year to year, whp knows if it really will be? With the improvements on the D and a more reasonable injury bug, who knows, maybe a winning record? Even last year we blew 5 fourth quarter leads largely due to a thin, injury plagued D. If we had held on to those leads we would have been 10-6 and a wild card team (since two of those games were against Tenn. and Indy)
Stampeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #46
Demon
Rookie

Default Prove Ditka wrong Texans

That would make me a happy Texans' fan. I know we can!!
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004   #47
done88
Veteran

We owe Ditka an apology he seams to know what he is talking about. He simply said what everone outside of us Texans fans was thinksing and now I see they were correct.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2004   #48
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

I guess as much as we try to avoid it.....we are looking at this season trough blue and red shades...
Old 09-20-2004   #49
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ditka is a PUTZ. It's not like we didn't play well enough to win in both games, we just shot ourselves in the foot. The talent is there to win, we just need to execute correctly.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004   #50
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fumbles

If Davis has no fumbles this year, so far, we are 2-0 and Ditka is praising us, because we made such great improvements in the off-season. He's just going with the records. He would also bad mouth Jacksonville, if they were 0-2. He's a schmuck.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004   #51
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

This team has the talent to win, but they just aren't doing it. I don't think Ditka will be opening his own psychic hotline anytime soon either. I've seen many people prepared to name us the worst team in the league, but I am not ready to do that just yet. Miami's defense has played very well, yet their offense has struggled alot. Basically the reverse situation is happening here in Houston. As poorly as we've played thus far we've still shown promise. Promise, of course, means nothing if we don't correct our mistakes, and make an effort to do whatever it takes to win.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read