Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2006   #1
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default Casserly on 610 radio this morning

Anyone catch what Casserly had to say on 610 this morning?
I got to work before he came on and missed it.

Thanks
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #2
Johnny Utah
All Pro

He didn't say much since he can't comment on Bush or Young yet because they are juniors. He mentioned how the interview process goes for the coachs. The highlight came when a caller called in and made a threat to Casserly. He said,

What is the fastest way to get run out of Texas with a noose around your neck? Don't draft Vince Young and you'll find out.

Followed by a uncomfortable silent pause.

Last edited by Johnny Utah; 01-06-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #3
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
He didn't say much since he can't comment on Bush or Young yet because they are juniors. He mentioned how the interview process goes for the coachs. The highlight came when a caller called in a made a threat to Casserly. He said,

What is the fastest way to get run out of town with a noose around your neck? Don't draft Vince Young and you'll find out.

I thought that the calls have a few seconds delay built in just to screen out this type of call. Not cool...
Old 01-06-2006   #4
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The highlight came when a caller called in a made a threat to Casserly. He said,

What is the fastest way to get run out of town with a noose around your neck? Don't draft Vince Young and you'll find out.

That is awesome. Casserly and the whole Texans brass needs to know that Houston wants its beloved son to play for the hometown team. Casserly's inclination is to stick by his bust of a pick but that is wrong for the Texans. I want them to know that if they don't they will have an extremely pissed off fan base.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
I thought that the calls have a few seconds delay built in just to screen out this type of call. Not cool...
I'm sure Charlie wasn't happy but he never seems happy. Does anyone else think he is the surliest interview ever? Just never has sat well with me.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #6
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight
That is awesome. Casserly and the whole Texans brass needs to know that Houston wants its beloved son to play for the hometown team. Casserly's inclination is to stick by his bust of a pick but that is wrong for the Texans. I want them to know that if they don't they will have an extremely pissed off fan base.

yea awesome ..... I wonder who dialed the phone for that mo ron?
Old 01-06-2006   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I heard clips of it, but to me it sounds like they are laying the ground work for the case against Vince Young. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Casserly say something to the extent of you have to look at the entire body of work, not just one game.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2006   #8
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
I'm sure Charlie wasn't happy but he never seems happy. Does anyone else think he is the surliest interview ever? Just never has sat well with me.
I've always thought he was patronizingly haughty - but maybe I view him through I don't like Casserly glasses.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The highlight came when a caller called in a made a threat to Casserly. He said,

What a constructive, well thought out question and answer! I'm sure the guy spent a lot of time on hold waiting to make that intriguing point.

If I was sold on Vince Young, I'd have to re-evaluate my decision and decision making process. If I was in agreement with such a brutish lout, I would be concerned.

Then I'd realize I could probably find ignorance on any facet of the first pick debate and ignore the ignoramus.
Old 01-06-2006   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2
I've always thought he was patronizingly haughty - but maybe I view him through I don't like Casserly glasses.
I always thought it and THEN started hatin on his drafting and moves. He just seems like a jerk.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to be safe, how many other Longhorns and/or Houstonians are in the draft? Are there enough so that we can use all our picks on them? There are probably too many though. Hmmmm...

Why don't we create our own draft board with only Longhorns and/or Aggies and/or Houstonians on it, and from that subset of players make selections based on Texan need and player talent. Would that satisfy the lynching mob?
Old 01-06-2006   #12
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, awesome.

The retard that makes that sort of statement about a draft pick is the same one that will ***** and moan and call for Young to be run out of town the first time he screws up a game. I'm suprised he had enough brain power to dial the phone.
Old 01-06-2006   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its people like him that make us all look stupid. I think Cass should have been shown the way out but the first one to leave needs to be the jack *** caller. Get a life.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate that folks are making threats . I like Vince he's a home grown product who shined on the biggest stage in football outside the Super Bowl but its no reason to threaten CC .

I think if all the powers that be decide to keep Carr and draft Bush or trade the pick then so be it ... the sun will rise in the morning . We have seen real terrorism before lets keep it out of our little diversion .
Old 01-06-2006   #15
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what I was thinking? If I am Jerry Jones, I am licking my chops. I would trade for David Carr, and then see Carr rip apart the Texan defense when we play them. To put in a good measure, Roy Williams is gonna horse collar our "once in a lifetime talent QB" rendering his scrambling ability useless.

Then all the so called fans will chastise the Texans for not keeping Carr and drafting Bush. It's a neverending battle. I would absolutely HATE to be the GM of the Texans right now. The only worse situation is the Lions, thats it.

Disclaimer: I am not wishing that those statements above happen. But it would quiet the crazy callers calling in 610.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #16
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He didn't say much since he can't comment on Bush or Young yet because they are juniors. He mentioned how the interview process goes for the coachs. The highlight came when a caller called in and made a threat to Casserly. He said,

What is the fastest way to get run out of Texas with a noose around your neck? Don't draft Vince Young and you'll find out.

The caller clearly stated before and after the comment that it was a joke.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Casserly say something to the extent of you have to look at the entire body of work, not just one game.
I didnt hear it, but if he did that would mean he is grading Young on a season where he led the nation in passer effiecency, was clutch in big games and just simply dominant...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #18
Htown34s
Veteran

That jerk is probably the same guy who threw a beer on Carr's wife.

I'm a big "draft VY" guy, but I can't say how much I respect David Carr and his family. That guy has some nads to take the pounding that he has.

Of course, that call just reinforces my point that McNair could ruin his reputation by passing on VY. If he takes them and he is a bust, then the public can never be upset about not getting their pick again. But if we don't take him and he is a star, it will hang over McNair's head for a long time...
Old 01-06-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd venture that most GMs are a surly and dry bunch. It's the nature of the beast. These guys are hired for front office duties, not public relations. He only does the show because it's in his contract.

I've never gotten that much information from GM interviews. They never let the cat out of the bag, and always hold their cards close to their vests. Not that I blame them or anything.

Kinda' silly about the "noose around your neck" comment. Have a take and don't suck should not be just for The Jungle. Local radio could use a bit of standards, too.
Old 01-06-2006   #20
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Zero of his throws looked liked NFL type throws
Obviously you are not a scout. The guy has a gun it's just he doesnt show it off every throw because, unlike your boy Carr, VY knows something called touch. But when he has too, he can just throw a laser.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read