Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2004   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wong & Babin

Chronicle story on the Texans' OLBs
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2720106
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #2
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

The Chronicle has been including a Texas Training camp page in the sports section since camp begun, they're not doing too terribly with Texans coverage right now, IMO.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #3
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Chronic has been doing a nice job on the Texans since camp started. Full page Texans reports every day and then some. Credit where credit is due.

Quincy Carter's release shouldn't be front page Sports news here IMO.

Last edited by aj.; 08-05-2004 at 01:36 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it that Wong is thinking 10 sacks is at the low end of his expectations. If he goes double Didgets and Babin gets close to ten, we will be doing pretty well I think.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #5
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
The Chronicle has been including a Texas Training camp page in the sports section since camp begun, they're not doing too terribly with Texans coverage right now, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
The Chronic has been doing a nice job on the Texans since camp started. Full page Texans reports every day and then some. Credit where credit is due.
My impression is that their columns on the players are OK; they are covering the team in a very general manner.

But TRAINING CAMP/PRACTICE coverage is poor to non-existant.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #6
TexansCanes
All Pro

i think he was saying the internet coverage is not that good, i feel the same way. i went on line the other day and i couldn't really find any coverage on camp, i miss my full page everyday, but now i get a full page of redskins' news.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.

Quincy Carter's release shouldn't be front page Sports news here IMO.
Carter release was the lead story on sports center and on national talk radio, so I would leave them alone about that.

As far as the Carter stry, man you don't live in a city with two local sports station and news station which carries a good deal of sports. Two days of Quincy all the time.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2004   #8
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

On Babin, they had a feature on Wade this evening on NBC, one of the clips had Babin taking the big man down. Impressive work from Babin, Wade looked surprised and gave him a pat on the shoulder pads as if to say damn nice work.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #9
SESupergenius

The internet coverage blows this year. For people that don't live in Houston it's almost disasterous. Since the "Credentialsgate", fans sites have been lacking or non-existant and we are filled with "cutesy" little stories that are boring and uniformative as to how the players are progressing. I've seen at least 8 good offical team sites that put ours to shame. I equate this to MTV pulling the videos and filling it with drama shows. We are getting drama but very little actual football. Like a good story would be, how did Joppru actually injure himself and what was his prognosis? Did this just slip all the news? It was sugar coated over.
Old 08-06-2004   #10
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I wish our internet coverage was more like denverbroncons.com with Andrew Mason, you get to see alot of the action.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read