Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mr. Joppru

Since Joppru was on the PUP list vs the IR i guess they are holding out hope that he can make a return this season.

He's on active PUP meaning he currently counts against the active roster and they will need to make a roster decision on him in late August.

he orginnal had a hernia in his groin area, right? so the way that they are talking about it, sounds like he might be in the same statis he was in last year.

aj. said:
He's on active PUP meaning he currently counts against the active roster and they will need to make a roster decision on him in late August.

The roster decision that they will need to make in late August will based upon an evaluation of his chances of ever recovering to the point where he can perform on the field.

They went an entire year without him playing a down of football. I really don't think they will wait another one.

I think that I read somewhere that they are anticipating that he'll miss training camp. Hopefully he'll be ok for regular season play. There has been no serious mention of a further surgery on the groin. However if for one reason or another he cannot return, they will have a tough decision to make in trying to keep him on the roster.

He is on the PUP list, which i think means he has to sit out the first 5 or 6 games. i could be wrong though but i thought tahts what happened. the Bills did it with Magahee last year

jacquescas said:
He is on the PUP list, which i think means he has to sit out the first 5 or 6 games. i could be wrong though but i thought tahts what happened. the Bills did it with Magahee last year

There is some sort of distinction about when you are placed on the pup list. I believe that if you are placed on pup before training camp starts you can be activated at any time. After training camp starts different rules apply and it is something like the player can be activated between weeks 6 and 10.

I believe infantry is right. From my understanding, his injury occured the day or day after camp began so he can be activated in week 6.

I don't think that Joppru will ever play a down of pro football - ever.

Sorry, but that's just the feeling that I have. It's terrible for him, but if he's got an ever-recurring injury that prevents performing on the field . . . it's a tough business.

They just can't afford to wait forever. Right now, he's counted on the roster. At cutdown time, a decision will have to be made.

As I understand the PUP, they can't come back before the 6th game and MUST have some sort of decision by the 9th or at the time they come back after the 6th game, on the team active, IR or cut.

I believe he's on the active PUP at the moment. Meaning he counts against the active roster, and can be brought back during camp. As Traing Camp and the Preseason ends the coaches will determine if he should be on the reserved PUP list where he wouldnt be able to be back till week 6, and if they want to keep him and he can't come back they must put him on IR. I think thats how it works. Perhaps someone else can find something about it.

texansfan88 said:
Casserly to Me: "we're obviously hopeful he can come back, but I wouldn't count on it being this year quite yet."

Hopeful? Wouldn't count on it? This is not very encouraging. I'm very disappointed that he's sitting out. We would have been using him very effectively in our offense. We would have had the opposing defenses on their heels b/c they wouldn't have been able to really predict either we were going to run or pass.

But I hope I'm wrong and he comes back this year just in time to go through the hardest 6 game stretch of our schedule this year when we face off the Broncos, Titans, Packers, Jets and the Colts twice.

And Dare I say there's probably a very good chance that we get swept in this stretch eek: I hope i'm wrong again.

Back