Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-06-2006   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chiefs closer to hiring Jets' Edwards

FOXSports.com has learned that the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets have agreed on compensation for Herm Edwards with the Chiefs surrendering a fourth-round pick in this year's draft. As a result, the Chiefs and Edwards' agents are right now hammering out a contract to make Edwards Kansas City's new head coach. Working out a contract appears to be the final hurdle in closing the book on this drama.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5225998
Old 01-06-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

Nice. KC has always had a class organization and Edwards should do good there i think.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It always seems strange to me when coaches get traded. Not sure why, but it's just weird.

I'd be stoked if I was a Chefs fan right now. Herm is at the top of my list of coaches I'd like to have for our team. Watch out for Kansas City next year.
Old 01-06-2006   #4
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Herm is easily one of the top 5 coaches in the league. Very much worth a 4th rounder!
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #5
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

That's it?! A 4th rounder? Geez, what a bargain. I think the Patriots gave up a 1st for BB.
Old 01-06-2006   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, if you thought the J-E-T-S, Jet's Jet's Jet's were bad this year...

Can't believe they are entertaining letting him move. Wasn't this his only losing season? He can't even be blamed for how bad they were this year, the Jet's were totally hosed with injuries.

Stupid move.
Old 01-06-2006   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I'd be stoked if I was a Chefs fan right now. Herm is at the top of my list of coaches I'd like to have for our team. Watch out for Kansas City next year.
Agreed! Congrats to Herm, I am sure the KC fans will roll out the welcome mat.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

There must be some SERIOUSE friction behind the sceens at the Jets, because Herm has two years left on his contract.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
There must be some SERIOUSE friction behind the sceens at the Jets, because Herm has two years left on his contract.
The word on the street was that the Jets were looking to buy him out until they got a prospective suitor.
Old 01-07-2006   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Herm will do well in KC. He's got a talented team, he's a talented coach, and he won't have to deal with the same pressure that NY teams face. To get him for a 4th round pick is just icing on the cake. The Bucs gave up two first and two seconds to get Gruden from Oakland a few years back.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read