Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2006   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The descision making process

I've come to a point where I've just about exhausted my ability to make a decision about what should be done in the up coming draft.

After much consternation, I have devised what I consider to be a fool proof method of over coming this problem.

Tomorrow, I wll take a short trip to my local beer store.
I will make two purchses.
One will be a case of Busch Beer.
One will be a case of Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
I will go home.
I will imbibe until such a time that I feel like i know everything in the world (and am 10' tall and bullet proof).
I predict at that time I will gain perfect clarity and insight on the situation.
I will make a choice or pass out... which ever comes first.

I will post my findings when the decision making process is complete.

All decisions are final!

*disclaimer*
this process may be tainted due to the fact that the presiding(sp?) official has undying love for Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
Oh, and Busch Beer sucks...

*edit*

I know I spelled decision incorrectly in my header, but I can't correct it now...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #2
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

You may want to get a case of assorted beers too. There is always the possibility that we trade the pick away, and you want to at least sample the other beers.

Oh, and a pizza! Nothing goes better with beer then pizza.

Hmmmmm, Beeeer
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
I've come to a point where I've just about exhausted my ability to make a decision about what should be done in the up coming draft.

After much consternation, I have devised what I consider to be a fool proof method of over coming this problem.

Me too.

This is what I'm going to do. I'm going to go for a little run and remind myself that while I like watching and commenting on Texans games and players, all this draft/head coach stuff isn't my cup of tea. What happens there happens; I have few strong opinions one way or another because:

1) Each and every one of the 3 players projected at the top draft class has strengths and weaknesses. No one knows how they will translate to the college game. In my opinion, the safest pick of the three is the one the Texans aren't interested in (and rightly so).

2) I haven't seen enough college football to make judgements of the nearly 100 players that will be chosen on the first day of the draft (much less the second).

3) I don't even positively know how good most of our current players are. Are they talented enough to be mediocre like two seasons ago, or are they truly as bad as last season? That judgement certainly affects the keep/trade the first pick argument. Personally I think they are average overall and the coaching staff was abysmal - but that's just my opinion.

4) Coaching candidates? How many of us really know enough about these guys to make a well informed opinion? I don't. We've seen the results of what we think is their work, but how do we know about how they operated within their teams' staffs? Even for the Texans we have divided opinions on Capers vs. Coordinators vs. front office in allocating responsibility for this last fiasco; I personally have my opinion for the Texans, but I don't even have an opinion about most other teams. Also, what kind of staff would each hire? For instance, would they hire a real, experienced offensive line coach or recycle a worn out offensive coordinator like we did? These are the types of interview questions and answers we aren't privy to but are very important to the making the right decision.

So I'm going to resign myself to the long off-season and comment where I see fit, but I'm not going to get too worked up about the things I don't know much about anyway.

However, all of you who like this draft/head coaching stuff post away - it is sometimes enlightening and often very entertaining for a number of reasons.

Then tonight I'll have a touch of the Irish and maybe a cigar to reflect on my decision.

Last edited by Runner; 01-06-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read