Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2006   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Offseason Dream Plan!

After releasing as much dead weight as possible: McKinney, Coleman, etc..

2 Free agent signings: Steve Hutchinson, Lecharles Bentley... then, trade the #1 pick down to 4 or 5 and pickup AJ Hawk or DBrick... then, have a field day with 2 2nd round picks and 3 3rd round picks... check out this offensive line:

Pitts, Hutchinson, Bentley, Weigert, DBrick (Hodgdon, MBrown, Wand, Wade)
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #2
LongBignasty1
Veteran

still needs work, how about draft Young, and then Marcus Mcneill 2nd and Winston justice 3rd? And you still caan add your free agents
Old 01-06-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im on the Hutchinson and Bently bandwagon too.. I think Bently may be possible.. Hutchinson I think will be a REAL hard sign though.

1) Seattle doesnt want to let him go
2) His team could very well be going to the superbowl
3) if they dont go to the superbowl..they are still the best team in the NFC
4) Hes gonna want quite alot of money to come here
5) even if we do offer him the farm.. will he want to come to the worst team in the league with the worst line in the league?

Max Jean-Gilles in the second.

Pitts - Weigert - Bentley - JeanGilles - Wand/Wade

(I think McKinney would be great for us at guard.. but im not gonna go into that again)
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #4
LongBignasty1
Veteran

I like Jean-Giles and would love to pick him up as well but i wonder if he'll still be there. Bentley would be the best fit and might be the only fit because of our salary cap issues after we release Carr. But once his cap hit comes off we have what, 9mil to spend? And a second year QB, a younger improving line and D.D. and A.J. and if Mathis improves look out league we have liftoff!!!! We could also focus on our safeties with the extra cash or through the draft- I love the position we're in!!
Old 01-06-2006   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBignasty1
still needs work, how about draft Young, and then Marcus Mcneill 2nd and Winston justice 3rd? And you still caan add your free agents

Sure... we'll get Winston Justice in the 3rd, maybe AJ Hawk in the 4th, and then Lendale White in the 5th.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #6
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

MY offseason Dream is this:
1. Get a franchise LT that can run and pass block by himself (trade down and still get a top LT).
2. Get to the draft so all these people trying to cut Carr will be have to face a reality they don't like
3. I would like to see the Texans not overpay for a FA that is billed as spectacular and ends up just average.
4. Draft the right players and not trade so many picks away. They have traded away 2 or 3 possibly good eggs in their basket for one rotten egg.

These few things will make me happy. I am not looking for specific players, because I am not a scout or GM. I just wish them the best of luck. Now everyone enjoy the playoffs and get this draft stuff off your mind for a month.
Old 01-06-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
After releasing as much dead weight as possible: McKinney, Coleman, etc..

2 Free agent signings: Steve Hutchinson, Lecharles Bentley... then, trade the #1 pick down to 4 or 5 and pickup AJ Hawk or DBrick... then, have a field day with 2 2nd round picks and 3 3rd round picks... check out this offensive line:

Pitts, Hutchinson, Bentley, Weigert, DBrick (Hodgdon, MBrown, Wand, Wade)
I don't know if it's totally possible, but I really really like it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2006   #8
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Sure... we'll get Winston Justice in the 3rd, maybe AJ Hawk in the 4th, and then Lendale White in the 5th.
i hope that's sarcasm...i REALLY hope it is
Old 01-06-2006   #9
Trapped
Veteran

Sign Lecharles Bentley. Don't mess with the salary cap dumping by release guys like Mckinney, Wade, or Weigert because it's not like we are going to be playoff bound next year anyways. I think those 3 can be suitable guards.

Trade down from the number 1 spot to the Jets. Pick up the number 4, 36th, and 1st rounder next year.

Draft the Brick at 4, TE Leonard Pope at 33, LB Thomas Howard at 36th. Draft CB Cedric Griffin at 65, and G Tatusi Latui at 66th.

Additions:

Bentley
Ferguson
Pope
Thomas Howard
Cedric Griffin
Tatusi Latui
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #10
Trapped
Veteran

Or

Bentley
Bush
Pope
Griffin
Whitworth

for now though, i gotta see the combine and all that extra good stuff.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

There's only small drawback to this plan:

We have a poor track record of signing GOOD free agents.

That has been the most depressing part of being a fan of this team. Criticize Bud Adams all you want, the guy most times goes out and grabs quality free agents for his usually stellar coaching staff. I know, I know, I said the "B" word...forgive me...but this Texans team is just plain awful at snagging free agents. Granted, there hasn't really been a lot of quality free agents out there this past year (at the positions we needed) but still.....

I wouldn't mind if we spent all of our draft picks on o line.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #12
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Leonard Pope will NOT be around at 33...wishful thinking boys
Old 01-06-2006   #13
outofhnd
All Pro

Address the line thats our most glaring weakness rather than our most visible position..
Old 01-06-2006   #14
cadahnic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
Address the line thats our most glaring weakness rather than our most visible position..
Excellent post
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I don't know if it's totally possible, but I really really like it.
D'Brick is a LT, not a RT, the two are not always interchangable. Also, a top 5 pick and two Pro-Bowl FA is not going to happen. Look for hopefully Bently in FA, but I would not hold my breath about Hutchinson...
Old 01-06-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
Leonard Pope will NOT be around at 33...wishful thinking boys
Vernan Davis and Mercedes Lewis. Miller was the only 1st round TE last year, there is no guarantee wither way. Personally, I think we have bigger needs then TE. If we trade down and pick up an extra 1st, we can get Olson from Miami next year, until then, give Rivers and Joppru chances in a system that acctually uses then as more then just a 6th blocker. Also, Dave Thomas should be available in the 3rd or early 4th. Also, Tim Day. We have much bigger needs then TE. IF we go for D'brick and get Bently, we might go for Hodge, LB from Iowa and an Guard (Giles or Joseph). If we go for Bush, I would expect we go for one of the above listed guards with the 33rd. Then with the first two 3rd rounders go for either Cedric Griffin or DeMario Minter, then someone like Aaron Harris from UT.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read