Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2006   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Carr & Casserly. The Albatross.

Carr and Casserly are parts of the problem. They were participating members in the destruction of this team.

Carr doesn’t have enough gravitas (a fancy word for testicles) to carry this team, to butt heads with the coaches, to really drive this club. He’s a sweet little boy who played a pretty good QB in college, small college, that is. In the NFL he just looks lost.

Casserly, who McNair should never have allowed to stay past Capers, is invested in Carr and in the status quo and in proving, by hook or crook, that whoever he spent McNair’s money on is who the money should have been spent on. That is, Casserly is committed to saving his so called “reputation” and thus his livelihood. It makes sense and you would be, too. On the other hand, McNair and the fans of the Texans have to pay for all his mistakes, and any new mistakes he’s about to make, too.

The best possible move now is trade Carr if you can, draft Young, bring in a good veteran to run the team for a year or so (McNair, Kitna, Brad Johnson, you choose). If there’s any truth at all to the Miami rumor, we should jump on it tonight.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #2
bigcarlos
Veteran

I hope that rumor is true
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #3
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

What Miami rumor?????????????
Old 01-06-2006   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
What Miami rumor?????????????
Nevermind, found out.
Old 01-06-2006   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, I somewhat agree with the take on Cass, but the Carr you describe is not the Carr I have watched for the past 4 years. The Carr I've seen has had his skills and confidence stolen from him by the coaching and our front office who have failed to address the offensive line problem. Now, I am not saying Carr is the best QB of all time or that he has done nothing that deserves blame in the last 4 years, but I cannot blame him at all for the "destruction" of this team.
Old 01-06-2006   #6
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
OK, I somewhat agree with the take on Cass, but the Carr you describe is not the Carr I have watched for the past 4 years. The Carr I've seen has had his skills and confidence stolen from him by the coaching and our front office who have failed to address the offensive line problem. Now, I am not saying Carr is the best QB of all time or that he has done nothing that deserves blame in the last 4 years, but I cannot blame him at all for the "destruction" of this team.
That's why its best to part ways with him now. Give him a chance in a new place and give the team a chance with a new QB.

I firmly believe CC is taking the team down with him in order to not admit failure. He has been perceived as "Genius" on this same forum all summer for his moves and drafts and now he has been graded by the ultimate NFL GPA...WINS! He's here to stay for another year (at least) so let's hope he makes the best decisions from here on out.

Also note...

This year McNair and Reeves will have a lot of influence on decisions CC may have had full power over in the past. Decisions will be thought out in a 3-party capacity this off-season.
bubbajaxonbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbajaxonbrown
That's why its best to part ways with him now. Give him a chance in a new place and give the team a chance with a new QB.

I firmly believe CC is taking the team down with him in order to not admit failure. He has been perceived as "Genius" on this same forum all summer for his moves and drafts and now he has been graded by the ultimate NFL GPA...WINS! He's here to stay for another year (at least) so let's hope he makes the best decisions from here on out.

Also note...

This year McNair and Reeves will have a lot of influence on decisions CC may have had full power over in the past. Decisions will be thought out in a 3-party capacity this off-season.
Why not give Carr a chance here with another coach and an upgraded offensive line (if the front office upgrades it)?
Old 01-06-2006   #8
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Quote:
Why not give Carr a chance here with another coach and an upgraded offensive line (if the front office upgrades it)?
My whole point is before Reeves showed up CC wouldn't upgrade the OL b/c he thinks he picked the right guys the first time around. I think he feels Carr defines his competence.

Carr is tough as nails. I'll defend him for that all day long. But it's time to let him try behind a good OL somewhere else b/c no matter who we bring in our OL will bite this next season again b/c they will have to "gel" or that'll be the excuse next October if the line is getting our QB killed. I'd like to give him a chance somewhere else and let Young come in, take his bumps and bruises and losses for one season (much like Aikman, Brees, and Elway had to) and grow up or sit him behind a competent vet like Kitna or Flutie or (if GOD would bless us) Farve to learn for a season or 2. Either would be best for the Texans AND Carr at this point.

Let's not get the kid killed!!!

Now this year I actually have confidence in their decision since they will have 3 execs with input on what to do with that #1 pick.
Old 01-06-2006   #9
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
From a hard nosed football or business point if view, it does not matter HOW Carr became part of the problem, it only matters that now he IS part of the problem.

He's a nice guy (maybe), and tough as nails (well, sorta), and has a lot of arm strength, but by now that's about it as far as his credentials go. He's had four years to demonstrate his worth, his greatness, his qualities, and whaat he's actually done is show us he MIGHT be a pretty good QB _IF_ he has a whole lot of help. He needs more help than he gives.

Contrast THAT with Young's Rose Bowl performance and you've got the whole argument summed up in a nutshell. And for those who yell "you're naming Young on the basis of ONE GAME," well, no, I'm not. Not even close. It's three years of games, three years of growth, and three years of development as a person and a leader.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the only thing i worry about with carr is that the texans might have ruined him already, its gonna be a tough decission for the texans
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #11
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
From a hard nosed football or business point if view, it does not matter HOW Carr became part of the problem, it only matters that now he IS part of the problem.

He's a nice guy (maybe), and tough as nails (well, sorta), and has a lot of arm strength, but by now that's about it as far as his credentials go. He's had four years to demonstrate his worth, his greatness, his qualities, and whaat he's actually done is show us he MIGHT be a pretty good QB _IF_ he has a whole lot of help. He needs more help than he gives.

Contrast THAT with Young's Rose Bowl performance and you've got the whole argument summed up in a nutshell. And for those who yell "you're naming Young on the basis of ONE GAME," well, no, I'm not. Not even close. It's three years of games, three years of growth, and three years of development as a person and a leader.
Sure Carr needs more help, he needs at least a freakin' average NFL offensive line! And as far as Vince, sure he has me re considering wanting to trade down if he declares, but look at the line he works behind. Vince could have stood back there and read War and Peace last night behind that line. You bring in Vince or any other QB for that matter and put him behind this O line and we are looking at the same situation in another 4 years.
Old 01-06-2006   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
the only thing i worry about with carr is that the texans might have ruined him already, its gonna be a tough decission for the texans
Casserly has already said Carr is staying and that we are not drafting Leinhart, and I would not think that would be any kind of smoke screen or draft trickery considering it would benefit us more to just say "I don't know" or "We'll wait and see".
Old 01-06-2006   #13
LongBignasty1
Veteran

And if you flush Vince out of the pocket you'll pay!
Old 01-06-2006   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Ok, I don't know the Miami rumor...someone school me.
Old 01-06-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
Ok, I don't know the Miami rumor...someone school me.
Rumor going around that if we hire Linehan, we might trade Carr to Miami for Ricky Williams and a draft pick...
Old 01-06-2006   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Yeah, I just saw it on the draft board...damn, that would crazy.
Old 01-06-2006   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If Carr turns it around with a new coach.. and a better Oline.. I am going to ride all yalls asses about this until he retires ..

I should write down names.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
If Carr turns it around with a new coach.. and a better Oline.. I am going to ride all yalls asses about this until he retires ..

Should we start a new club?
Old 01-06-2006   #19
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Grid you can put me in list but i honestly don't think Carr will ever be a Superstar QB(multiple years off kicking @$$ and taking names)
Old 01-06-2006   #20
bubbajaxonbrown
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid

Don't take it personal Grid. This is going to be a discussion for those of us that won't take the "Stop talking about Carr b/c I said so!" or "Carr's not going anywhere b/c I heard CC say so!" responses and shut up. We'll discuss openly on this forum until he produces.

Dude, we all wish Carr was an All-pro by now but he's not and noone knows for sure if it is the OL. Not even Carr knows for sure. We're just considering other options like everyone should. Unless you are Superbowl Champs, your team needs changes. At 2-14, we need the most.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read