Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006   #1
jjcorvallis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 24
Posts: 52
Rep Power: 9 jjcorvallis is ridin' the pine
Default Why do we need Reggie Bush or VY?

Why do we need VY or Reggie Bush? We have domanick davis who is a proven 1000 yard rusher, even when he is injured, we already have David Carr, who showed that he can be succesful if has blocking. Vince Young Should go back and get an education, and get Texas another national championship.

What we need is O-Line, DB, LB.(and TE)

I just don't think Reggie Bush or VY is gonna step up and lead Texans to 16-0 or something, with our terrible O-Line, and defense.

Last edited by jjcorvallis; 01-05-2006 at 11:53 PM.
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #2
Tulip
Hall of Fame
 
Tulip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 1,864
Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP
Default

We don't need either of them. But we don't need any one player.

We have options, and that's a good thing.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #3
Crash
Rookie
 
Crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Round Rock
Age: 39
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0 Crash is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcorvallis
Why do we need VY or Reggie Bush? We have domanick davis who is a proven 1000 yard rusher, even when he is injured, we already have David Carr, who showed that he can be succesful if has blocking. Vince Young Should go back and get an education, and get Texas another national championship.

What we need is O-Line, DB, LB.(and TE)

I just don't think Reggie Bush or VY is gonna step up and lead Texans to 16-0 or something, with our terrible O-Line, and defense.
Oh my Gawd...what ARE you smoking? In our first year, it was said that Carr was sacked a record number of times because we had no offensive line. In year two, we again blamed it on the offensive line. We just wrapped up our fourth season and we still suck. Is it still because of our offensive line? NO. It's because David Carr takes too GD long to throw the ball! He is NOT the wonderboy that everyone has cracked him up to be. If he was, he wouldn't be number one AND number two on the all time sack list. If he was even a mediocre QB (offensive line problems or not), he would THROW THE BALL AWAY. Trade Carr, drop him. I don't care. Ragone can do better than he can. At least he led his NFL Europe team to their Super Bowl.

So to answer your question, we do NEED Vince Young, should he decide to declare. I don't expect him to lead us to a perfect season, as with the 'Horns, but he can carry a team if need be, and God knows we need carrying right now! If we don't draft him, I am tempted to refuse my season tickets or sell my PSLs. I am just so tired of BS decisions made by the team!! It is hard to stand behind a team that does eveything in it's power to be in last place. You have no idea how many gray hairs I got because of the gameplay philosophy in the first few seasons where we kept kneeling in the last 2 mins of each half rather than try to score. ARGGHHH!

The dumbest thing this team did last year was let Jamie Sharper go. Oh, that and keeping Capers on another year. Don't even get me started on the fact that Casserly is still around...
__________________
Used Carr for sale. Call (877) NFL-2002.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

..... Do we need to go over every single freaking post from the last two years Crash?

WHen did we improve the line? hmm? please.. tell me.. at what point did we improve the line? 2003? no.. 2004? no.. 2005? no...

you know what the definition of insane is? doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time.. are you crazy? cause your comment sure belongs in a looney bin.

What do you expect from him? Overcome the bad line.. overcome the restrictive coaching and make plays? well open your eyes.. thats exactly what he did, and it still isnt enough. Look at the stats, watch the games.. he got better every year.. you could say that he digressed this last season, but you would be wrong. Carr.. along with every other player on this team.. did not look as good this season, but still put up 14 TDs and only 11 interceptions.. a better ratio than last year.

When given the reins to the offense and allowed to run it himself.. he had the highest scoring half in Texans history.. and still you claim he is a bust?

You are absolutely freaking blind.. and brainwashed to boot.

I have NO problem with people entertaining the idea of getting Vince Young... but when you start claiming that Carr had the tools to become a probowler and just didnt take advantage.. and that he has never improved.. and that its all HIS fault that he hasnt turned into the next Joe Montana.. i have to cry foul.

The bull**** that some of the people on this board are posting is ****ing inexcusable. Worst fans in the nation.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #5
Crash
Rookie
 
Crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Round Rock
Age: 39
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0 Crash is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
The bull**** that some of the people on this board are posting is ****ing inexcusable.
It's not BS...it's called realistic. Sure Carr has made some improvements, but he is still getting sacked! Explain that one to me. I am not the only one who think Casserly is a freaking moron and needs to get off the gravy train.

15 passing TDs is tied for the 26th in the NFL. Granted, he was tied for 7th for fewest interceptions thrown. Unfortunately, that was because he kept running out of time to throw the ball, b/c he was sacked 68 times!!

I did watch every game...EVERY game. I just moved to Round Rock, but pay for Sunday Ticket to make sure that I can support the home team. It's just really painful when my husband and I can call the bonehead play before it happens.
__________________
Used Carr for sale. Call (877) NFL-2002.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

He was still getting sacked because his offensive line was still weak and his offensive coordinator was still inept.

Nothing has changed in 4 years.. he is still limited in the amount he can drop back.. he still gets no time in the pocket.. he is still constantly rushed.. he is still forced to take hits to get the ball out farther than 10 yards..

There is a very SHORT list of things that can be blamed on Carr.. such as him staring down receivers.. and running out of bounds for a loss.. the VAST VAST VAST majority of his problems can be laid at the feet of the offensive line and bad coaching. And the rest of his problems can be traced back to the fact..FACT.. that he has had NO help in his entire time here in Houston. How the heck is a QB supposed to learn from his mistakes in this environment? He has bigger things to worry about.. like not getting killed.. not losing yardage.. not throwing an interception.. while getting NO help from his oline.. and sure as hell not getting the slightest bit of help from his coaching staff who wont change the protection schemes.. wont give him useful audibles.. NOT giving him a good #2 receiver.. NOT bringing in talent for the Oline .. NOT calling effective plays... NOT playing to win.. it goes on and on and on and on and on.. a ****ing cornicopia of mistakes that are NOT helping Carr to grow as a QB.

And yet here are hundreds of ignorant fans who couldnt care less about what Carr has done DESPITE having the odds set against him.. who dont care about the flashes of talent.. or his success running the offense himself.. or his competitive attitude.. or his humbleness towards the ignorant fan ire.. all they care about is that some Tsip from their hometown may declare for the draft... and suddenly every problem we have is Carr's fault.

You and your husband can call every boneheaded play before it happens? you and every other fan on this board.. and Carr wasnt responsible for ANY of them.. unless you are referring to the THREE audibles that the coaches gave him.. run to the right.. run up the middle.. or dump off. The only time that Carr WAS calling the plays..he scored the most points in a half in Texans history.

But forget all that.. screw the facts.. Vince Young is from Houston so he must be a golden freaking god. Carr may have taken 200 sacks on the chin to get this team going.. Carr may have embraced the city and its fans.. Carr may have had beer thrown on his pregnant wife and children and kept it to himself.. Carr may have accepted that Capers and his staff was all he had to work with and done the best he could.. Carr may have shown that he has great talent that wasnt being used to its full potential.. But Carr isnt from Houston, and that is unforgivable.. a Houston QB would have taken all that and gotten us a superbowl trophy by now.

Ignorant fans.. blind, stupid people with no football knowledge.. You people bashing Carr and screaming for Vince Young might as well be collecting Pokemon. Loyalty, Talent, Worth, Attitude.. screw all that.. all that matters is that you come from Houston or played for a Texas college.. when it comes to Texas football players we "gotta catch em all!"

Its pathetic.. its depressing.. it shames our city and our team and our fans and the millions of dollars that McNair put up for this organization.

OPEN

YOUR

EYES
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #7
Janus3
Veteran
 
Janus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 34
Posts: 321
Rep Power: 10 Janus3 is ridin' the pine
Default

LOL, carr gets sacked so let's not address the o line and get a player who runs around alot and doesn't know how to play under center. hey at least he'll fill seats. let's not address the problems. great logic. texans don't need buch and they REALLY don't need young.
Janus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2006   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame
 
BigBull17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Alvin
Age: 33
Posts: 5,103
Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
It's not BS...it's called realistic. Sure Carr has made some improvements, but he is still getting sacked! Explain that one to me. I am not the only one who think Casserly is a freaking moron and needs to get off the gravy train.

15 passing TDs is tied for the 26th in the NFL. Granted, he was tied for 7th for fewest interceptions thrown. Unfortunately, that was because he kept running out of time to throw the ball, b/c he was sacked 68 times!!

I did watch every game...EVERY game. I just moved to Round Rock, but pay for Sunday Ticket to make sure that I can support the home team. It's just really painful when my husband and I can call the bonehead play before it happens.
And everything you just said has little to do with Carr himself. He doesnt call the plays, thats ol Pendry's job. True he has held onto the ball to long at times but mst of the time it is blatently obvious that his line hates him for some reason. When you get sacked after a one step drop there is a problem. He needs to improve no doubt, but to throw away 4 years and start from scratch with a guy who may not amount to a big time NFL QB is hard to swallow.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #9
Spoda
Veteran
 
Spoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 41
Posts: 191
Rep Power: 9 Spoda is ridin' the pine
Default

grid..i couldn't have said it better myself....that was perfect....look who knows is carr is the stud he was projected at #1 but without any help on the line anything other than a 3 yd out or off left tackle run who can thrive here? and as for the locking on receivers, how can you progress to a different lead when you have no time to look off a safety because you will be hit...now we have all seen when a pass rusher was coming and somehow magically he got picked up and carr thinking he was going to get smashed tucked and ran...but hopefully with a better line this will happen less and less...i am no carr supporter, i am a texan supporter...but vince would have the same problem and maybe more...oh but he'll scramble you say? i say injured....by the way i don't really want bush either..i would rather trade and try to fill holes...but if we take reggie i pray one of these tackles fall to the second round..for all our sakes
__________________
" what the?? how do you not have a TE??" gary kubiak...sec 112 row K
Spoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #10
NinerPheen
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0 NinerPheen is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus3
LOL, carr gets sacked so let's not address the o line and get a player who runs around alot and doesn't know how to play under center. hey at least he'll fill seats. let's not address the problems. great logic. texans don't need buch and they REALLY don't need young.
Hell yeah, then you could be stuck in the land of mediocrity with the Falcons. But hey, who cares, you'll have a flashy popular qb and everyone will pay to watch.
NinerPheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 42
Posts: 11,568
Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Is it still because of our offensive line?
Yes. It doesn't matter if this goes on forever. If the O-line still sucks, it's not Carr's fault. It still sucks.

Carr is not paid to block for himself, although he should be for 8 million dollars, dang it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger