Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-05-2006   #1
Afrokid
Rookie

Default Something to consider before drafting V. Young

It looks like alot of you guys totally forgot the glaring issues dealing with the offensive line. Needless to say V. Young would get killed if he were to start in Houston. People rag on Carr because he apparently sucks, but Carr is not the problem it is the offensive line. We all seem to be forgetting the needs at OL since Bush and Young have emerged as such awsome weapons. V Young would get sacked more times then the law allows, and he would just end up being lost potential such as Carr is right now. I've been a Young and Texans fan for a while and i do think he would look great in battle red, but to tell you the truth i would much rather see him go to a team that could actually work with his skills and perfect his passing game and im sad to say that it is not here in houston.
Afrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #2
real

how can you pin point the problem..It's like being hit in the eye and slapped in the face...how do you know whats causing your headache?...You are taking a gamble either way because taking care of one and not the other still may not make your headache go away....
Old 01-05-2006   #3
real

So how can you say Carr in not the problem it's the o-line...I think both of them played poorly and a whole bunch of others....I think we need to fix one problem at a time, but eventually all of them will have to be taken care of...
Old 01-05-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Did you guys watch the Rose Bowl? Young could litteraly take a nap before throwing the ball. 40 passes thrown, 0 sacks. Does anyone sinceraly beleive he would look anywhere as good running from people instead of having the time to look the field over, THEN decide to run?
Old 01-05-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
So how can you say Carr in not the problem it's the o-line...I think both of them played poorly and a whole bunch of others....I think we need to fix one problem at a time, but eventually all of them will have to be taken care of...
yes, but why build a house without a solid foundation?
Old 01-05-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Did you guys watch the Rose Bowl? Young could litteraly take a nap before throwing the ball. 40 passes thrown, 0 sacks. Does anyone sinceraly beleive he would look anywhere as good running from people instead of having the time to look the field over, THEN decide to run?
are you silly? He made one completion that sticks out in my mind with people hanging off of him...It was to Selvin Young, who caught it on a knee...Now you answer your own question... Obviously you havent watched many long horn games because all year long he has avoided tacklers and launched pretty passes...

Last edited by real; 01-05-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2006   #7
real

I'm not pinpointing anything on Carr...I said they all played poorly..go back and read...I just said that I'd rather replace Carr with Vince, and I doubt he's coming out, but if he did I would like to have a quaterback that has leadership qualities, as well as all the other things Vince brings to the table...

Last edited by real; 01-05-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2006   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

The line is definitely a major problem. Carr's performance may have been poor this year but can you pinpoint that to him or the lack of coaching or bad play calling.

Besides us, how many teams play games where every single pass is a short hitch? And who only has one audible which is run left? Why even audible?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
yes, but why build a house without a solid foundation?
We'll you can look at it as building a house but i look at it as designing a house because the house is already built...go out and get the items that look good..and plug em in from there
Old 01-05-2006   #10
Afrokid
Rookie

u have had to come off the short bus not to realize the main problem with the Texans is the D Line. Texans should probably pick up Brick if, since hes probably the most solid pic in the first round...
Afrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrokid
u have had to come off the short bus not to realize the main problem with the Texans is the D Line. Texans should probably pick up Brick if, since hes probably the most solid pic in the first round...
You say the problem is D line then yuo say pick up d'brick ? whos on the short bus ?
Old 01-05-2006   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

What if your house has a few problems because it was poorly built? Do you hire a contractor (which is much cheaper) to fix the problems, or do you buy a new house which is in worse condition right now, but has the potential to maybe be nicer but also is much more expensive?
Old 01-05-2006   #13
real

Im not talking about trading the whole team...Im talikng about upgrading one portion...
Old 01-05-2006   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Im not talking about trading the whole team...Im talikng about upgrading one portion...
The house was an analogy of Carr.
Old 01-05-2006   #15
real

for You...Not for me...go back and re-read the beggining of the house analogy and maybe you'll understnd why it started of meaning team...
Old 01-05-2006   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Yeah I was talking about my house analogy not the other one
Old 01-05-2006   #17
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
One of the main factors to that was the reason that USC was very cautious and did not blitz until the last series where VY burned them with some drag routes. VY makes his o-line looks better (it is still excellent) for the simple reason that people wont blitz because if you dont stay in your lane, you get burned with his legs. See the GW TD play. DE did not stay in his lane outside and gave the right side to VY who took it to the house. VY also knows how to step up in the pocket, something Carr doesnt do very well which contributes to the fact that at he makes the o-line look bad at times by himself.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #18
Joeymousepad
Rookie

I think we should either get Bush, to take some pressure off Carr, or trade down to 3 and get D'Brick. It is way to early to rule out Carr being good. He spent way too much time on his back.
Old 01-05-2006   #19
Joeymousepad
Rookie

BTW Fiddy change your signature not all texans fans want to have VY's love child.
Old 01-05-2006   #20
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrokid
It looks like alot of you guys totally forgot the glaring issues dealing with the offensive line. Needless to say V. Young would get killed if he were to start in Houston. People rag on Carr because he apparently sucks, but Carr is not the problem it is the offensive line. We all seem to be forgetting the needs at OL since Bush and Young have emerged as such awsome weapons. V Young would get sacked more times then the law allows, and he would just end up being lost potential such as Carr is right now. I've been a Young and Texans fan for a while and i do think he would look great in battle red, but to tell you the truth i would much rather see him go to a team that could actually work with his skills and perfect his passing game and im sad to say that it is not here in houston.
Then you are not a Texans fan.

You remind me of the Razorback fans that are trolling the Jaguar boards talking about how Jacksonville is going to ruin the career of the great Matt Jones. Pleeeeeeease.

I am a Horns fan and I am a Texans' fan. I even root for certain players but a real fan puts the players before the team. If you want to root for indiviuals there is an entire league created for you. It is called the NBA.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read