Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-05-2006   #1
Boylanca
Rookie

Default What the Texans need to do

heres a perspective from a colts fan:

TRADE their first pick. Carr is OK, just they have about as good of an offensive line looks like this .

Trade their pick to SF, so bush stays out of the AFC (which is why it makes more sence than trading it to NYJ) and then they get SFs 7th overall pick and 1st rd pick next year. They take Eric Winston stud OT out of Miami, to sure up the Oline, and then they get two first round picks next yr. Fits PERFECTLY. with bush gone one, Leinart will go two to the saints, so he stays out of the AFC too, and then Young probably becomes a titan. Him or D'brickashaw.
Boylanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

If they give us theri first this and next year.

Carr is okay, and we need help on the O-line but is he shell shockedm is he damaged goods?

If you think so, take VY for his atheltic ability and get a OG or a OT in the 2nd
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
Boylanca
Rookie

Carr is not the problem its your OLINE. Get a stud tackle by trading out of the first round. I know you all are Texas fans so its hard to not convince you of Young, but a Probowl tackle is more bennificial to you guys than a pro bowl QB, because Carr can be a probowl QB, you havent given him the chance.
Old 01-05-2006   #4
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I wonder why is it educated fans like Colts who are experiencing great success like Winston. He is a monster aint he. I have been trying to pump him up on this board, but most people have either Bush, Young, or D'Brick on the brain. Eventhough if Mario Williams gets to the combine at 290 and runs 4.5 low 4.6s he might become my new favorite. Also, we trade down we need to get SF's 1st and 2nd this year and 1st and 3rd next year. I would even send them players to further their roster since they have some depth issues
Old 01-05-2006   #5
Boylanca
Rookie

Yes Winston is a monster. I REALLY dont think you guys should take Leinart, Young or Bush, just b/c you have fine guys there already. You could take D'brick with the first pick, or trade down to get a guy like winston and another first round pick - A much better option.
Old 01-05-2006   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
I wonder why is it educated fans like Colts who are experiencing great success like Winston. He is a monster aint he. I have been trying to pump him up on this board, but most people have either Bush, Young, or D'Brick on the brain. Eventhough if Mario Williams gets to the combine at 290 and runs 4.5 low 4.6s he might become my new favorite. Also, we trade down we need to get SF's 1st and 2nd this year and 1st and 3rd next year. I would even send them players to further their roster since they have some depth issues

From what I have read about Winston he is projected as a Right Tackle. This is fine but typically you dont want to take a right tackle high as they are usually available later on. Dbrick is projected as a Lt tackle and thus in a typical offense would be considered the higher pick. However, think about this, Leinart is a lefty so in his new offense the right tackle is the one protecting the QB blindspot. Something to think about.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #7
Boylanca
Rookie

hmm i havent heard that about winston, i believe he will play LT. Heres what i have you guys at in my mock:

Rd 1 Pick 7
Houston (from SF)
Eric Winston, OT, Miami
Houston does a great job getting still a high pick this draft, and two first rounders next year, when Bush nor Lienart was needed in their system. What they need is Winston. Winston is the first OT taken in almost any draft, except for this one with unprecidented talent at OT. Wiston has great size and agility and should bring some reasurrance to the worst Oline in the last ten years. Who knows, Davis is already a good RB without a line, with a top LT to run behind, he might really emerge next year as a top notch back, and just as good as bush could ever be. And yes, finally Carr will have more than 1.5 seconds to throw.
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2006   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boylanca
Carr is not the problem its your OLINE. Get a stud tackle by trading out of the first round. I know you all are Texas fans so its hard to not convince you of Young, but a Probowl tackle is more bennificial to you guys than a pro bowl QB, because Carr can be a probowl QB, you havent given him the chance.
Who is Carr ever going to beat out for a pro bowl slot?
Old 01-05-2006   #9
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Winston is projected as a LT. He has been the question that has been raised is if he is not back from his injury fully then he will have to play RT or even LG which he is adept at playing. In many scouts eyes if Winston is 100% he is considered the best tackle in the draft. He is the one tackle that has everything and plays with that much needed mean streak. Boylanca you know what I mean you have TArik Glenn that cat is just nasty.
Old 01-05-2006   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ayyyyyyyy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boylanca
heres a perspective from a colts fan:

TRADE their first pick. Carr is OK, just they have about as good of an offensive line looks like this .

Trade their pick to SF, so bush stays out of the AFC (which is why it makes more sence than trading it to NYJ) and then they get SFs 7th overall pick and 1st rd pick next year. They take Eric Winston stud OT out of Miami, to sure up the Oline, and then they get two first round picks next yr. Fits PERFECTLY. with bush gone one, Leinart will go two to the saints, so he stays out of the AFC too, and then Young probably becomes a titan. Him or D'brickashaw.
No way. No way. Texans management would be run outta town on a rail. Tar and feathers wouldn't be enough.

If Young becomes a Titanhick, it will be an affront to all that is good and pure in this world.

"Wooooo, be excited about the Texans in 2006. We got a rookie Olineman who needs to learn on the job. Woooooo."

Even if the case could be made that this should happen, the fans would have a fit. The good news is that I could prolly get a good deal on the PSLs I've been eyeing.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #11
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Who is Carr ever going to beat out for a pro bowl slot?
It was Manning, Palmer, and Brady with Plummer as one of the alternates. I can see Carr beating out Palmer or Brady if he has a good year.
Old 01-05-2006   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well you just made Carr's day . Manning , Palmer , Brady , Plummer and Carr .
Old 01-05-2006   #13
Boylanca
Rookie

NO, they would not be run out of town. You guys have a top 8 back in Double - D. A first overall pck in Carr you cannot just give up on him. Trade down, get Winston, and have a solid foundation for 15 years for OLine.

AS a colts fan, you guys dont know what its like to have a top LT like Tarik Glenn. Manning is the least sacked QB in the NFL. Dont you think that helps make him the guy he is? And James has a solid hole to run through Time after Time.

Trade down, take Winston. Davis becomes a top 5 back, Carr a top 15QB. Now with Winston you will have a solid Running game and few sacks for 15 more years atleast from RE, and RT(defensive). Then, next year, you will have an early pick(your own pick) and another early pick(SF's pick). You take a QB if Carr hasnt progressed. Who knows, Vince hasnt declared, that could be him, or if not, a top notch QB if carr hasnt gotten better. If he has, you can use one pick on a stud DE, and a CB. You guys dont know what its like to have a presence like Freeney every defensive down. You take Young, you gain a little at QB, will still have a god-awful Oline, that isnt going to get better, and young accustomed to TONS of time in college will have NO time and not succeed.
Old 01-05-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
It was Manning, Palmer, and Brady with Plummer as one of the alternates. I can see Carr beating out Palmer or Brady if he has a good year.
You are acting like Carr is fifth best...There are more than four quaterbacks better than Carr....Maybe if it were only those four, then he might have a shot in hell to beat ONE of them out ONE year....
Old 01-05-2006   #15
Boylanca
Rookie

Once again, noone knows Carr's potential because he has never had more than what 2 seconds to throw.
Old 01-05-2006   #16
Boylanca
Rookie

+ if you guys took young, you would be another step behind with a rookie QB.
Old 01-05-2006   #17
real

Another step behind what? 2 wins? How many steps back from that can we take?
Old 01-05-2006   #18
real

And you are right No One knows Carr's potential...The same can be said about every player everywhere...So what...We've seen what we've seen and he hasn't gotten the job done thus far so exscuse "us guys" for entertaining the thought of change...
Old 01-05-2006   #19
clutchcityin210
Rookie

What I would do is trade Carr and Davis to the Saints for their first pick this year and their third pick. Then Id draft VY and Bush 1 and 2. We get a fresh start and the Saints get a solid franchise QB and a hometown RB to build around. With the 3rd pick Id take a LT since the Raiders have our 3rd pick this year. Our second too I believe due to that Phillip Buchannan fiasco.
clutchcityin210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcityin210
What I would do is trade Carr and Davis to the Saints for their first pick this year and their third pick. Then Id draft VY and Bush 1 and 2. We get a fresh start and the Saints get a solid franchise QB and a hometown RB to build around. With the 3rd pick Id take a LT since the Raiders have our 3rd pick this year. Our second too I believe due to that Phillip Buchannan fiasco.
Huh ???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read