Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2006   #1
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default True Texans fans with positive outLook (look here)

Next year we will have a new coach. One that has a history of winning and is has been very successful at what he does.

Next year we will...

Draft the biggest play maker at RB in years, maY actually get to see a Texan player in national commercials. Plus get 3 other first day draft picks to fill our roster.

or

Trade down the pick for the top LT prospect in the country. David Carr will finally get some protection.
An extra first day pick or two to fill the many holes we have on offense and defense.

or

Trade down the pick for a stud LB who is a beast. We may actually start putting pressure on opposing teams QBs and our Secondary will look like they belong in the pros. We will get several extra draft picks, plus a few good picks next year.

or

We trade down and pick a super atheletic QB, who all of the city of houston loves. (if he comes out) and we get a few extra draft picks.

All these options Sound good to me.

GO TEXANS!!!
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
We trade down and pick a super atheletic QB, who all of the city of houston loves. (if he comes out) and we get a few extra draft picks.

GO TEXANS!!!
All good except here. IMO, If the Texans want Young they will have to pick him at the top.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, Titans are taking Vincent if we don't first pick..

But GO TEXANS anyway.. next year is going to be exciting.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #4
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Vince for 2006!!!!!!!

'nuff said
LongBignasty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #5
TXurias
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138
yeah, Titans are taking Vincent if we don't first pick..

But GO TEXANS anyway.. next year is going to be exciting.
What if we were able to trade down and still get bush? Anyone want VY that bad?
TXurias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #6
TXurias
Rookie

Quote:
Next year we will have a new coach. One that has a history of winning and is has been very successful at what he does.

Next year we will...

Draft the biggest play maker at RB in years, maY actually get to see a Texan player in national commercials. Plus get 3 other first day draft picks to fill our roster.

or

Trade down the pick for the top LT prospect in the country. David Carr will finally get some protection.
An extra first day pick or two to fill the many holes we have on offense and defense.

or

Trade down the pick for a stud LB who is a beast. We may actually start putting pressure on opposing teams QBs and our Secondary will look like they belong in the pros. We will get several extra draft picks, plus a few good picks next year.

or

GO TEXANS!!!
Who can we get in 2nd and 3rd round?
TXurias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thread, but I agree with ArlingtonTexan about Young. He's probably going at the top if he declares.
Old 01-05-2006   #8
CenTexNative
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CenTexNative Send a message via Yahoo to CenTexNative

Quote:

Next year we will...

or

or

or

GO TEXANS!!!
While I like the 1st 3 options I will have to opt out on the 4th. I will wait and see until the 15th because, Underclassmen have until Jan. 15 to declare for April's draft.
I would also laugh if lil ol reggie decides to stay in school too. That will through everyone into a loop. Except for me. I'll just be laighing my ...well i'll be laughing real hard anyway.
CenTexNative is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read