Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-05-2006   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Now that it has been decided

that we should have taken DJ in the first last year
and now we should take VY in the first this year,
Which UT player should we take in the first next year?..

On the upside though...now USC understands how it feels to lose as a result of a non-called penalty...

Old 01-05-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

PINO!!!! The heir to Kris Brown
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
LongBignasty1
Veteran

Taking VY with the number 1 pick is not being a homer, i bet every team that needs a QB and had the #1 pick would draft VY. Wouldn't you?
LongBignasty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #4
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Yes but we don't need a quarterback. We just drafted a quarterback with the #1 pick a few years ago but haven't protected him, coached him, or given him weapons.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #5
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBignasty1
Taking VY with the number 1 pick is not being a homer, i bet every team that needs a QB and had the #1 pick would draft VY. Wouldn't you?
UH, no I wouldn't. not with the overall #1 pick.
If VY stays in school he will not be the overall #1 pick or even the #1 QB picked next year. The NFL is not the Big 12 where VY gained most of his stats.
If you check it out you will see that USCs strength wasn't its defense.
Even then it took a blown call for UT to beat them...

Old 01-05-2006   #6
LongBignasty1
Veteran

If i was a betting man i'd say next year you would select Brady Quinn......am i right?
The number 1 team in the nation was beaten by Vince Young.Period.
David Carr is due big money if we keep him and he wouldn't be the first QB taken number 1 that didn't pan out.

UT= National Champions
VY= MVP
ND= lost to The Ohio State University
LongBignasty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBignasty1
If i was a betting man i'd say next year you would select Brady Quinn......am i right?
The number 1 team in the nation was beaten by Vince Young.Period.
David Carr is due big money if we keep him and he wouldn't be the first QB taken number 1 that didn't pan out.

UT= National Champions
VY= MVP
ND= lost to The Ohio State University
Answers to your questions
Yes I would take Quinn and so will the pro team who selects #1 next year

The #1 team was beaten by UT with an assist from the refs (deny it all you want, it won't change a thing)

Carr has proven he can play in the NFL , VY has proven he can play in the Big 12...

UT, national champions. What took you so long, Horns get the pick of the litter in the talent rich state of Texas and it takes them 30 years to win it all.
Scholarship limits suck, don't they.

Enjoy it. OK. will take back the big 12 next year. Nebraska will be breathing down you necks also.

ND lost to Ohio State, we also lost to Michigan State and USC.
How does this equate to VY being the greatest thing since sliced bread?

BTW... being a ND fan you gotta know I am not a USC fan.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read