Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2006   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Something else to discuss

I've noticed that some of the players haven't left town as quickly as they did last year when the season ended. I know it's only been 4 days, but last year some of the single or married/no children players had gone "home" within 1 or 2 days of the last game. I wonder what this means? Is it as simple as

a) They are young guys, maybe they are just more comfortable here now and consider Houston home?

or more complex

b) They are still here because the team management is keeping various players in the coaching decision loop? Either to see what they think or to give the coaching candidates a chance to talk with some of them?

What do you think?
Old 01-05-2006   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I think it is not necessarily due to input so much as there being so many jobs on the line and players' careers on the line, and a new coaching regime supposedly coming by the end of January. I would be curious to know if any players were putting up For Sale signs, though.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
I would be curious to know if any players were putting up For Sale signs, though.
Not in my neighborhood.
Old 01-05-2006   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Well, not in my neighborhood either, but that's down in the Clear Lake bubble, where there aren't any players living. I'm hoping that somebody can step forward with some unofficial information, though. Any For Sale signs around the homes of say, Davis, Buchanon, Carr, or any lineman?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read